“Dependable”

Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Ranked #47 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

When traveling, we search out Comfort Inn Hotels to stop for overnight or to stay a few days. They are dependable!! We always know what to expect. No (bad) surprises. Traveling is stressful enough without adding the stress of a stay at an predictable hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good. We prefer a king bed or 2 queen beds. These rooms have lots of room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time for a review of our hotel. Dependable is good.

We are a non-smoking, newer hotel that offers a much better than average hot morning breakfast, meaningful free amenities that provide value and backs it all up with good service. Just ask our Grandma Judy !

Glad you were are guest and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

It is hard to find a nice place to stay that is pet friendly. This was both! Room was nice and clean. Receptionists directed my son and I to a running / fitness trail across the street so we could go running. The fitness room is small but it is great they have one. We also took advantage of the pool and spa which was also neat and well maintained. We enjoyed out stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for doing a review on our hotel. We have always been "pet friendly" hotel. We have found that guests who travel with their pets are very responsible and don't mind the modest pet fee that we charge.

The front desk staff refers guests to the beautiful walking and jogging trail across the street all the time.. It is very nice and safe to have for guests who want to get their morning jog in while traveling.

We hope to have you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My college daughter and I were on a trip to the Chicago area to visit family. We stayed the evening of May 27th. I was happy to find a place to stay overnight that would assist with shuttling us to the airport, a good breakfast and a place to leave my car while we were gone. The price was very inexpensive. Tosha assisted me with the reservation and answered all my questions. She was so darn sweet and very patient. The breakfast was very good and tasty. The lady serving was like your own very grandma that wanted to make sure you had all you needed for breakfast. The shuttle driver both to/from the airport was very polite. The room was very comfty. The pillows and mattress were so comfortable. It was very clean and was odor free. This is the place I will be staying for further travels in that direction. It was easy to drive to from the interstate. Many restaurants and shopping in the nearby area.

1  Thank Blondie1948_10

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.

You were able to contact the hotel directly and book this specific room package. We are glad
that you found all aspects of your stay to your liking.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day week-end while visiting family nearby. Our room was clean,spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The property was spotless. The highlight of our stay was Grandma Judy, the hostess in the breakfast room. You can tell she takes personal responsibility for making sure the guests are well taken care of.

Room Tip: My husband and I had a suite that included a frig and microwave.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review of your experience at our hotel.

You were able to enjoy breakfast and take advantage this fine amenity. A lot of people don't know that we serve a hot breakfast that includes many more items than a regular Comfort Inn.

I will share your comments with our staff and of course Grandma Judy.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel May 26-27, 2014. I ended up with numerous flea bites. Although the desk clerk was made aware of it, we received not so much as an apology from the hotel. While I slept well at the hotel, the next days were misery.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We are sorry that your experience at our hotel did not go as planned. Yes we are a pet friendly hotel as well as a 100% smoke free facility.

We did some checking and the last person that stayed in that particular room, (that had a pet with them) was two months ago. We use a national pest control company that comes into the hotel and sprays 40% of our rooms and all of the public areas on a monthly basis. Perhaps it was not fleas, but something else. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss further.

Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were visiting Kansas but we chose this hotel because of the reviews and facilities. Good choice. First - the pool was very warm, warmest hotel pool I know. So we enjoyed swimming. The Jacuzzi was hot, and also lovely. We even had a large tub in our bedroom. Breakfast was excellent Great atmosphere and helpful staff. Everything else that you would expect to be good -was very good. Congratulations staff.

Room Tip: Take one with a jacuzzi
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkandDiEngland
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and complete a review. We truly appreciate you doing so.

The pool and spa really give off a nice, tropical environment. We do offer a few rooms with Jacuzzi tubs in them. They go fast. Glad you got to experience one.

In your comments you stated we were located in Kansas. Just a small correction, we are proudly located in "Kansas City, Missouri" by the KCI Airport.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had enough Choice Hotels points to redeem a free room, and I'm so glad I chose this hotel!

Staff was great. The room was great.

My boyfriend and I wanted to experience the legendary Grandma Judy! Unfortunately, I slept in,.. So, my significant other went down and brought me breakfast in bed. He encountered another breakfast employee and they said "Oh you're bringing breakfast in bed to your wife!" He just smiled.

I usually stay at the Sleep Inn across I-29, but this might be my new go-to in KC! And I still need to meet Grandma Judy!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are delighted that you chose to use your Choice Privileges free night and stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the breakfast that we offer and the service that you experienced as a guest at our hotel, we appreciate it.

We hope to see you again and have you redeem another free night voucher with us.