“Comfortable, but just Average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Comfortable, but just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay often at Comfort Inns but this was probably the worst I have stayed in. That being said, it wasn't an awful hotel just not what I usually get at Comfort Inns. We checked into our room around 11 pm and immediately found that the toilet was stopped up. The front desk clerk said he could come up with a plunger or give us another room. We opted for another room. The room seemed clean and the beds were comfortable. We never got to meet Grandma Judy though which was a disappointment since so many people rave about her. The pool looked nice but we didn't get a chance to use it. Our room was at the end by a door to the outside. It was noisy with all the door slamming so I would definitely request a room on an upper level and more to the interior. The staff we interacted with weren't overly friendly, but were not rude either. The guy who checked us in and transferred our room was efficient. I might look at other hotels in the area if I had to stay again in KC, but I wouldn't rule this one out altogether. The value was excellent though.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the doors to the outside on an upper level preferably in the interior hallw...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Laura S
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel.

Not sure what happened with our housekeeping on this room. You can be sure that I will follow up on this as well as maybe getting that door closure adjusted so it does not bang or slam shut. From time to time they need adjusting.

Please give us another try and I'll make sure that Grandma Judy is there to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and the hotel staff were nice. I have enjoyed my trip to Kansas City Missouri and the stay here made the trip even more relaxing. The price was also reasonable. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel, we appreciate that and more important is that you will be coming back to stay with us again. Hopefully we can meet while you are here.
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very nice place to stay, beds comfy and rooms clean. The best part though.... grandma Judy. Great asset to the hotel. She kept things going smoothly during breakfast and is very entertaining!!! Good hot breakfast, waffles, eggs, sausage, never-ending coffee!

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and giving us a review. We appreciate it.

Our guests love Grandma Judy and so do we, she will get your day started on the right path. She always makes sure you have a good breakfast and a smile on your face before you leave.

We hope to see you again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were staying here for a week for the little league baseball World Series. When we arrived, the day manager asked if we were baseball parents, and then sighed and rolled her eyes, saying "Well the last baseball group we had in here left a bad taste in our mouths, You had better watch yourselves, because we don't like baseball groups!" I smiled and told her, it was so nice to hear how welcoming she was to her paying customers, and that we would be more than happy to find a different hotel and pay much more to have better customer service, and her tone changed a bit. We loved the location, it was industrial, so it was quiet, even though we were across the street from the airport, I was extremely cautious, figuring we would hear the planes go over at all hours of the night, but we never did. The beds were extremely comfortable. I believe some sensitivity training could work for some of the employees, including some of the management staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you felt that we were not welcoming to your youth baseball group.

As a corporate-base hotel, we try to keep our hotel quite so our guests can get a good night's sleep, that is what they payed for. The comments that you are stating are quite a bit different from the staff's recollection of the event. We do not allow ball teams or youth groups to gather in the lobby or the breakfast area for parties. We also do not allow for alcohol to be consumed in our public areas.

If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, I would be available for you.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Checked in hotel and the lady at the desk seemed more interested in her phone that actually greeting a customer. Almost like she was annoyed that she had to check me in. Funny because she was the "customer service supervisor" I have stayed at Comfort Inn before and have always felt welcome, Today I did not. She didn't tell me about breakfast or offer me the internet password. Later that evening I went down to get a couple complimentary items and the other lady was rude also. Again on her phone and acting like she was annoyed that she had to service me. Overall good clean decent convenient hotel, but the General Manager needs to work on his crews customer service skills and friendliness. I work for an Online Travel Company and when I hear about service like this, now I understand when people complain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We expect everyone of our guests to be treated by associates that are well-trained, friendly and have a genuine desire to help all of our guests with quick, responsive service. We are sorry if this was not your experience.

I will share your comments with the front desk staff, including supervisors and assure you we will do a better job in the future. If there is more you would like to share with me, please contact me at the hotel.
Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way home from a family reunion. They were having technology problems when we arrived and didn't have my reservation. The woman at the front desk apologized and was able to find us a room quickly. Since they were having technology issues, there was no internet or television available. Not that we minded, since we were ready to hit the sack. Once we got to our room, I found dried up grapes around the refrigerator area, some of the lamps didn't work, there was no kleenex and just a bit of toilet paper on the roll, with no extra rolls in the room. I went back to the front desk and once again the woman apologized and said they had a new cleaning staff. Breakfast the next morning wasn't very good either. On the plus side, the bed was comfyl!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DYR81
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give a review on our hotel.

I apologize that our housekeeping service was not up to our typically high standards. We will take your comments and share them with the housekeeping staff so they may see what our customer is saying. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

We hope to see you again in the future at our hotel.
LAKELAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Comfort inn is very nice. Good service, good breakfast EXCEPT: On our last morning, some very rude guests had hoarded the carts ( both of them) from 6:15 and on, for over one hour. The guest supervisor, seemed to care less. NO attempt to find the carts. I think you need tracking device on carts. At the very LEAST one could post a sign on carts for common courtesy in it's prompt return. We had to make three or four trips down by hand. Room was fairly clean, other than the vacumning but we were allowed an early check in, so did not complain on this.
Very nice, hot tub, and small pool. indoor. Very nice touch. And exercise room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel.

I am sorry that both luggage carts were being used at the same time you were needing one as well. We wish that guests would not take the luggage carts into the room and hold onto them but it does happen.

One thing we can do is include a tag on the luggage cart reminding guests to return the cart to the lobby area so other guest can use. In addition, perhaps purchase another cart. This problem does happen, but not very often.