“À propos d'une belle matinée et un brunch”
Review of Chez Elle

Chez Elle
Ranked #5 of 47 Dessert in Kansas City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Was keeping an eye on this place for sometimes and finally went there on a gorgeous morning for Sunday brunch with my wife. Most of the reviews you will get online for this place are absolutely true except the negative ones. We have not found anything bad about this place. Certainly their lobster bisque is the best in KC area. We tried ‘au chocolat’ crepe and it was very good. We cant wait to go back and taste some of their savory crepes. The macaroons are also good. It gets busy for weekend brunch. So finding parking might be a bit challenging but its not that bad. Loved seating at the patio and enjoyed having good food in such a good weather. Also, don’t forget to get 25% discount on 1st crepe if its your first visit. I got the coupon on yelp and after you activate it you will have 4 hours to use it. Bon appétit les gens!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed our visit for the gluten free crepes. We got a savory and a sweet and shared them both. My daughter got a banana strawberry smoothie and I got a coffee. Everything was fantastic! The gluten free crepes were amazing! I think I’m lucky I don’t live there or my willpower to these would be difficult to muster!! Neither of us felt glutened afterward btw.
My only complaint is the coffee stains on the white plastic cups... it looks kind of gross like it doesn’t get washed well.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Celebrated a co-worker's birthday by having lunch at Chez Elle. I ordered a breakfast crepe titled Bonjour. For this crepe, you can chose bacon or sausage. I chose bacon. For cheese choices, you can select cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (or both!). I settled on cheddar. The other three in party chose savory crepes.

After a small wait, we had our crepes delivered to our table. Wow! They were quite big! Let's talk taste. Phenomenal! My bacon was nice and chewy. The bacon was almost sweet; my guess is was applewood smoked bacon. Superb! The cheese was flavorful and creamy. The scrambled eggs were cooked nicely. The texture of my crepe was fresh. Not too thin and not too thick.

I ordered a Patriot (sweet) crepe to-go. I loved this one as well. The crème Anglaise was nice and sweet. The fruit was extremely fresh.

A great perk is they can substitute regular batter with a gluten-free option. A member of my party is GF and she was able to enjoy crepes along with us. Win win!

The ambiance was nice and inviting. It would be a great setting for a date, fellowship with friends, or even a small business lunch. The patio was very tempting on this nice day, but we dined inside.

There are lots of options for beverages, but we settled on the self-serve water stations. The coffee menu seemed nice & extensive for coffee lovers. They have other menu options such as baked goods and sweets, but we did not explore. It gives me a reason to go back!

I recommend Chez Elle for delicious crepes with a lovely French ambiance.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went on a Saturday afternoon. No line. Stood at the counter listening to staff argue about tips for a good 5 minutes before acknowledging us and taking our order. Cups set out for water were dirty. Waitress bumped into my friend and caused her to spill some water; waitress walked iff and my friend cleaned up bc she didn't want anyone to slip. French onion soup was good; crepes were o.k. The "roasted chicken" in the savory crepes had the consistency of the chicken that comes in a can, it was not good. Went to the counter to ask for a to go box, was met with a sigh and an eye roll. My friend received the same treatment. The only nice staff member we encountered was the girl who brought our food and bussed our table. If you enjoy being treated like you presence is an utter annoyance, this place is for you! My friend actually asked "is this maybe one of those restaurants where they are rude to you on purpose??"

Won't be back. I'd rather spend my money on good food, clean glassware, and kind staff.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

My Fiance and I were expecting a buttoned down rather stuffy dining experience but were pleasantly surprised by this friendly French cafe. I'm not a big fan of the crepe but according to my fiance they were outstanding. The sign outside said the Chez Elle features the best lobster bisque in KC and I tend to agree. It was amazing. Saturday evening was busy but no overcrowded and we had a great leisurely dinner at a very reasonable price. We'll be back

Date of visit: February 2018