“Interesting KC History”

Add it.
Gangster Tour
Ranked #11 of 13 Tours in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Kansas City was a favorite spot of the “old timers.” The Gangster Tour puts you hot on the trail of this city's most notorious Goodfellas. Don't make us twist your arm. Grab your chopper, hop on the bus and you’ll be immersed in a melodramatic look at mob homes and hangouts, turf wars and infamous crimes like the Union Station massacre.Tours board at Union Station's West Transit Pavilion. For reservations or for ticket information call 816-471-1234. We’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.
KC
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Interesting KC History”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Living in KC my entire life, it was great to hear some of the history that still influences Kansas City today. The tour guide was very animated and dressed the part (zoot suit, pinkie ring and a fedora) and knew tons of "insider" information. What I didn't like was to pay such a high price for a tour and then be hit up for a tip afterwards. Seemed tacky. On the up-side, it was enjoyable and I certainly learned things I didn't know!

Visited June 2011
20 Thank gabi_kansas

Lenexa, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great tour--even for locals”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We took some out of town guests on the Gangster Tour and everyone was thoroughly entertained! I've lived in the KC area most of my life, and while I was familiar with most of the stories; it was great to see the actual locations where the events occurred. The tour departed from Union station and lasted about 1 1/2 hours. It was narrated by an actor in gangster costume and interspersed with a video. It was a hot day, but the step van style bus was cool & comfortable. The tour concluded with our "gangster" pointing out some of the bullet holes from the famous Union Station massacre in 1933. I always knew they were there, but never knew where to look. The time went by quickly & questions were answered at the end.

Visited June 2011
18 Thank BobV_7
KC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The original KC Gangster Tour never disappoints!”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The original Gangster tour by KCTG.com has been around for 15 years. There is a new one called Ghost and Gangsters offered by Full Moon Productions. I have been on the real Gangster Tour four times and it's excellent!

Visited May 2011
9 Thank KCGangster
Independence, Missouri
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Excellent gangster tour”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The three previous reviews do not even sound like the tour I took today with a group of 25. Allthough the 90-minute tour is scheduled for Saturday afternoons, we had a special tour this morning. It was excellent. Our guide was informative, the video intermingled was good, and we all learned a lot. Ghosts were not a part of this tour, and it was not advertised that way. We heard about the Union Station massacre in 1933, Mob Boss Tom Penderghast, the brothels, prohibition and learned why Kansas City buildings are constructed of so much cement! A woman who had been on the Las Vegas ghanster tour said this one was 10 times better and cheaper. This is really an interesting tour!

Visited April 2011