“What a night”
Review of Gangster Tour

Gangster Tour
Ranked #8 of 13 Tours in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Kansas City was a favorite spot of the “old timers.” The Gangster Tour puts you hot on the trail of this city's most notorious Goodfellas. Don't make us twist your arm. Grab your chopper, hop on the bus and you’ll be immersed in a melodramatic look at mob homes and hangouts, turf wars and infamous crimes like the Union Station massacre.Tours board at Union Station's West Transit Pavilion. For reservations or for ticket information call 816-471-1234. We’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This tour was a great look into Kansas City's seedier history. I enjoyed the story pies and the history. Our tour guide was very good. I was intrigued by the Pendergrass stories.

3  Thank Chouette222
"van"
"mob"
"sites"

Reviewed 20 July 2012

While the tour is a little high (about $30 a person) you can usually find $4-5 off coupons online before booking. The tour guide is great and don't be offended at the tipping at the end of the tour: it kind of goes with the mobster theme of what's yours is mine. The tour guide even took a picture with us in front of the bullet holes in Union Station. In all, a great tour full of great KC history -- a must for even the locals (a great stay-cation idea).

5  Thank GNC1980
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Living in KC my entire life, it was great to hear some of the history that still influences Kansas City today. The tour guide was very animated and dressed the part (zoot suit, pinkie ring and a fedora) and knew tons of "insider" information. What I didn't like was to pay such a high price for a tour and then be hit up for a tip afterwards. Seemed tacky. On the up-side, it was enjoyable and I certainly learned things I didn't know!

20  Thank gabi_kansas
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We took some out of town guests on the Gangster Tour and everyone was thoroughly entertained! I've lived in the KC area most of my life, and while I was familiar with most of the stories; it was great to see the actual locations where the events occurred. The tour departed from Union station and lasted about 1 1/2 hours. It was narrated by an actor in gangster costume and interspersed with a video. It was a hot day, but the step van style bus was cool & comfortable. The tour concluded with our "gangster" pointing out some of the bullet holes from the famous Union Station massacre in 1933. I always knew they were there, but never knew where to look. The time went by quickly & questions were answered at the end.

18  Thank BobV_7