“would give it a 10 if i could” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Wichita, Kansas
“would give it a 10 if i could”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Have stayed in the hyatt place in Overland park and it was great too. But we stayed in Kansas City this time. Check in was easy. Lauren was great she asked what brings us to town and we said shopping, she asked if we had ever been to Zona Rosa and we said no, but we wanted to try it. She pulled out a map and gave us some ideas for dinner and great stores to hit. I think she went above and beyond her job. I could not get over how helpful she was. You don't get that much these days. Rooms were great, beds comfortable we had 6 in on room so we had to draw straws to see who go the pull out bed. My mom and I lost. The couch was not comfortable at all but its what i expected. The free breakfast in the morning was great. Would stay here 100 times.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BECKYKCFAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here when we went to visit my brother in KC. The location was perfect, right next to the airport and within 10 miles of my brothers house. The amenities were nice and the room was amazing. Clean, nicely up to date with a sitting area and mini fridg set up. Loved it. Would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Jennlovee
Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

You can not go wrong at this hotel. Very helpful staff, very nice clean hotel. They even offer a complimentary continental breakfast (bagels, fruit, oatmel, juice, coffee). Close to KC airport, restaurants and mall.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank oldcardriver
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

This was an outstanding place to stay as I had a great 2 nights there this past weekend. My room was spotless and there were fresh clean linens every day. It is definitely worth the price and I'll stay there again when I return. The location is great, just minutes from the airport, but I surprisingly didn't hear a single plane from inside my room. It's also very easy to find and close to the interstate, but with no traffic around which was a nice surprise. My schedule didn't allow me time to try the breakfasts, but it was very popular both mornings I saw it and the food looked really good. The only negative I experienced really is not really a true negative, but if you arrive after around midnight all of the parking spots are full on weekends. (There's street parking out front though). But I see the packed parking lots as a plus, being a testament to the great hotel this is in my opinion. It's definitely a popular place with travelers. A half empty parking lot would make me wary, so in a way the packed parking lot is a plus in my view even if it was a little inconvenient when I got in after midnight. That's my fault, not theirs.

Room Tip: I'd guess all of their rooms would be as nice as the one I had this weekend. The beds in particu...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank cwhitmer
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed here for proximity to airport. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was continential; you could order a "real" breakfast but it was pricey. There is a Waffle House next door. Only wish there was a rolling table or the top of the ottoman could flip to a firm table surface. Tricky with drinks. Shuttle service was excellent. Overall, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Quiet and easy. Park and Fly was a great deal!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nlb714
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is not a "beautiful hotel". This is a standard hotel in an industrial park that is close to the airport.

However, my first impressions were good. The shuttle drivers were very responsive and quick. The room was nice and there was a nice large flat screen TV. There was an outdoor pool and a decently equipped gym.

Then things took a turn for the worse. The small in-room refrigerator made clicking noises that kept me up at night until I finally figured out it was coming from the fridge (unplugged it--problem solved for me who did not have food or drinks stored). We lost our AC/ventilation and the front desk person was not friendly about it. However, both before and after it was fixed, a very nice staff member came to my door to give me the scoop and provide customer service. Kudos!

The gym has equipment that was not working--just one or 2 machines but that took away from my workout routine.

The breakfast was cereals, bagels, toast and usually bisquits and gravy. They had oatmeal once which was good but only offered once during my week stay. The coffee was not great and they removed the coffee before 9:30 am which was when breakfast ended. Why can't they provide coffee all day is a mystery to me who has stayed at cheaper hotels (Hampton Inns, Holiday Inns, etc.) that had coffee available all the time. The limited food selections offered for room service were mediocre.

There was a Waffle House, a Ruby Tuesday and a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. The shuttle will take you to other eateries at Zoa Rosa which is several streets with chain restaurants and some shops--kind of like a strip mall community.

If I had my way, I would stay downtown! If you do stay here, you'll want to leave in a day or two.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Irony093
Derby, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

A great place to stay close to the airport. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very nice, inclusive the breakfast is much better than you usually find when included with the rate. If you want to walk or jog - you can run or walk through a small industrial area. Ruby Tuesdays restaurant is with in walking distance (100 feet). Also, you are looking for a "NICE" area to dine/bars/etc look no further than one exit to the south (3 minutes). There you will find the Zona Roza shopping area. Zona Roza is an eclectic group of shops and restaurants. Also across highway 29 to the south one exit is a Walmart/Lowes/Barnes and Noble etc. This is one of the nicer areas to stay if you need to be in North Kansas City.

Room Tip: Other hotels near buy. Hilton and Hampton Inn across the highway. If you are a Cracker Barrel fan th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business