“Won't stay there again.”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Not happy at all with the service we received. I will never stay there again. Not a good location but I looked past that when booking. The rooms are nice but that is all this place has going for it. Terrible service ruins a stay and I cannot stress enough the poor service we received here. NOT happy and will NEVER stay here again or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had to a quick overnight trip to KC. Easy access to and from airport. About 20 minutes from downtown. It is very reasonably priced. The only downside would be the construction nearby, which I am sure is only temporary.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I love Hyatt Place hotels. You walk in, and they all are decorated the same (very nicely), and they even have the same smell. I know it's a deliberate move on Hyatt's part to have the look and smell be the same in every hotel, but when I walk in, I do feel like I'm coming home - I know exactly what I'm going to get, and it's always the same.

The Hyatt Place in KC is particularly nice, and in particular, the staff are even friendlier than usual. When I had to check in unexpectedly for a second night after a horrible airport experience, the staff all took great care of me, from checking me back into the exact same room, to serving me a much needed glass of wine and sticking around and chatting with me while I enjoyed it.

I love that I can get snacks, drinks, food and alcohol 24 hours a day. It may not be the most fantastic food I've ever had in my life, but it's there and available if I need it - and I did need it. :-)

The rooms are all spacious with huge screen TV's, and couches to sit on - no need to try to sit in some weird uncomfortable chair while you try to watch TV. There are also nice desks with plenty of plug-ins for your business needs, and the wi-fi actually worked fairly well for me.

So I would definitely stay here again. It's a big far away from the downtown scene, but a great place to stay near the airport.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Moving to KC and needed a medium-length place to stay for a little under three weeks. Great hotel, with top-notch, friendly staff to get me checked in. Room is spacious, suite-like, with a separate living area (big L-shaped couch/ottoman), kitchenette with fridge (no microwave), a work desk and then the bedroom area is separated by a vertical half-wall.

There's a great breakfast every morning (free) as well as half-price apps and drinks during happy hour at the bar. Workout center is spacious as well... half-dozen Nautilus-type machines, a couple of treadmills and ellipticals. And, your choice of WSJ or USA Today... just ask when you check in. Overall, everything is clean and neat.

Service is great, too. Had a minor problem with the sink, which was fixed as soon as I reported it.

Only things that bugged me... there's really no dresser space in the rooms. there are square 'cubbies' that I could stack clothes into OK, but I can see why--there's really not room for the dresser that would take up livable space. Also, since there's not much space, I needed more than the eight hangers in the closet. Ask, and ye shall receive... another stack was delivered by the (really good) maid service.

The biggest thing that keeps it from a five is more on the admin level. Upon checking in, I was told that I was ineligible for their current reward program points-match promotion for my stay. Once I saw which hotel, I went on the Hyatt site to sign up, which I did successfully. I couldn't add my rewards number online, so called a phone rep, who TOLD me it was successfully added so that i could accrue points.

However, when I checked in, I was told that since I Pricelined it, my 18-night stay wouldn't count at all. It was almost midnight when I arrived, and frankly, I was too tired to argue it, and I'd love to see written documentation. Wish I knew that earlier--even though the rewards program registration, promotion rules, etc, say NOTHING about Priceline bookings being ineligible for points--my nights booked get me nothing. So, be warned.

(This is HUGE to me... I'm spending 1700ish bucks to stay here for work and an eventual move from the east coast and, although I LOVE the hotel and accommodations, this verbal ruling makes me feel like a second-class citizen/client at the Hyatt, to the point where I'd probably switch chains should the need arise again.

Room Tip: Opt for a high floor, away from the elevator on the non-highway side (even-numbered room)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NCFamily12
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I just had to write a review for this hotel. Like many other people, I only let someone know when I'm not happy. The staff at this hotel deserve recognition for their exemplary service, attitude, and their hotel.

My wife and I have stayed here around 10 times. Every time has been between good and great. The staff is very professional and accommodating. The gentleman who drives the shuttle in the evening is first rate and seems more pf a limo driver than a bus driver.

Kudos to you all. It was only staying a another Hyatt Place in Minneapolis that I truly appreciated your excellent staff and facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our organization used the Hyatt for our quarterly Board meeting. For our group of 12, the meeting room was very comfortable. As we have a tight budget, we appreciate to included breakfast and low rates. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. I do not particularly like that the vanity area is part of the room, not the bath but could live with it. One sour note is that the "free shuttle service" is completely at the beck and call of airport runs even though it is suppose to service the nearby shopping area as well. We were told that even though we were in the lobby waiting, if an airport call came in, they would be picked up and we would be out of luck. We could understand a trip to the airport having preference but not a pickup.

Room Tip: King rooms have a better "livingroom" area than one with 2 doubles.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just completed a two night stay at this property on a business trip to KC area.

First off, at check in I was greeted by some of the friendliest staff I've ever met. They were efficient and cordial and very helpful when I had trouble finding a parking space.

Secondly the room. Very clean, very spacious, very modern. Loved the 50" High Def TV which actually has several working HD channels. The sitting room with the big sofa and ottoman is a huge plus. Nice work desk area. Big comfortable bed. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Did I mention how clean the room was?

Free breakfast was very good. Loved the bacon/egg/cheese biscuits. Instead of tasting like they were microwaved, they tasted homemade. Delicious!

Hope to be back soon. I know where I'll be staying when I return to KC.