“Surprisingly nice”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Read good things so gave it a shot. Man check in and check out was quick and delightful. The two gals working on 8/2/14 day shift were awesome. They took time to ask if i wanted any info on the hotel, to be shown around,all this while lobby was busy,cudos to these two! Hotel room spotless! Shower spotless! There was a family reunion going on and i never heard any noise usually one hears at hotels. Cracker barrel across the street too. Breakfast very good,hot foods too not the usual waffles! I can find fault in many hotels this one shut me up.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank emontalvogc
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel near the Kansas City airport. Large comfortable rooms, especially works well for families. Above average hot breakfast, 24/7 food options, and drinks. Seating area gets a bit tight during breakfast. Also wish they had do not disturb signs for the door, odd that we couldn't find any.

Design and styling are also much better than most in this segment. Overall a very comfortable place to stay. We'd definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was in town for business for a couple of nights and was booked in this hotel. It was a lot better than I expected. I have stayed in Hyatt Places before and this was by far the best. The bar/bakery downstairs was superb and the staff was always prompt. Had no issues with the Wifi or the room. The only downfall was it was a little hard to find the first time due to road construction. Not the hotel's fault. Will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I were attending a wedding in Lawrence Kansas and flew into and out of KCI. We needed a hotel near the airport and based upon all that I read on TripAdvisor selected the Hyatt Place. We had a great stay and I can't say enough how helpful, friendly and professional the staff are! From Joe, who drives the shuttle, to Paula at the desk everyone we came into contact with was terrific. I manage a resort and know how challenging it can be to select, train and motivate associates to achieve high guest satisfaction on a daily basis. Hats off to Lesley, the GM at this property for building and maintaining a first class operation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

No complaints! This hotel is very accommodating and staff will give their all to make sure each guest is treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. Bedding was crisp, clean and comfortable. Personally, I do not care for the breakfast sandwiches served, but many options for any diet or appetite. I appreciated the reasonable price for quality received. would highly recommend this hotel. Only suggestion would be to stock more toiletries and towels in the suites. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: 312 King room was comfortable and very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marsha H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a really nice stay here. It was just one night and we stayed using points + cash, but I would definitely recommend this Hyatt. The service was really nice and recognized us each time we came to the desk or the bar. Our room was very clean and I liked the layout. The design was modern and the furniture and decor was clean. We had breakfast the next morning and the spread was very nice. The usual items, but with some upgrade and unique items. They also have a variety of snacks like fresh-baked cookies for sale and a bar.
The location is also nice and even with all the construction in the area, the hotel is not really affected. It is walking distance to a Red Robin and Waffle House and very very close to Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, a BBQ place and a bar. Right off the highway, it is close to the airport, but only 15/20 min from downtown.
The only complaint I have is the cluster that is the layout of the lobby. The front desk is basically inside the breakfast area and I constantly felt like I was in the way the morning we were checking out. The breakfast room was also poorly designed and if anyone is eating at the tables in the breakfast room, you can't get around easily. Some of the staff was trying to restock food on the buffet and kept blocking me in with the cart and there is just no fluid way to get around in that area.
Regardless, continental breakfast is always a cluster at hotels, but hoping they can figure out a better way for traffic in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelcal033
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions during our trip to Kansas City. The first night we stayed there we loved it. The only thing we didn't like was the small bathroom(it is difficult to change your clothes in the bathroom) oh and they don't have Disney Channel (my 8 year old was very disappointed). But the room was great, the customer service was amazing, and the breakfast was wonderful. I guarantee that if we ever go to KC again we will stay at this great hotel. If I could give this place more than 5 stars for customer service I would do it. We even had a miscommunication on our second stay and the employees went out of their way to help us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family