“Excellent hotel....one of the best in Kansas city”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Beautiful hotel. ....they got nice LCD HDTV in all of their rooms. Nice sofa and chairs too. Hotel was really clean and hotel staff was very friendly. I was suppose to check in at 3 pm but I arrived early at 9 am and they still checked me in.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed one nite. Had to catch an early morning flight out of MCI. Room was clean, comfortable and priced right on Priceline. Staff was one of the best I've dea;t with in quite some time. Would stay again. Never ever heard an airlpane from MCI.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Loved this hotel!! Very clean and close to the airport. Our room was big and there was plenty of room for us and our 3 kids. Cracker Barrel is right down the road and there were plenty of dining options at the hotel as well. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Place for a family reunion. The hotel was wonderful, the staff were great and the rooms were very nice. The rooms were nice size, the divided area with the couch made it possible to hang out and visit. The bathroom was small but very clean. Nice large flat panel tv. We were able to extend our checkout time on Sunday which was such a blessing, because some of our party had a later flight. Overall great experience!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Top on my list of priority is quality of hotel and room. On these points this hotel rates at the top. However, my experience with reservations and front desk staff have lowered my opinion from would have otherwise been a great review.

We drove an extra 3 hours instead of stopping midway as originally planned and arrived at our destination a night early, 1:00 a.m. We called the hotel to see if we could book a room for the extra night. Rooms were available but they wouldn't match the rate we would be paying the following night. The best rate they would give us was $40 higher. It puts me off that they would turn down a booking. I'm confident that the rate we were asking for was reasonable and would still be profit for the hotel. Ultimately we stayed right across the street at a very nice Drury Inn for $2 less than our negotiated rate here. If I could have cancelled my reservation here I would have remained at the Drury Inn. Their breakfast was much better.

So for this hotel, the room was very clean, very spacious, modern, and appeared to be recently remodeled. Not much wear if any showed on the furnishings. The included breakfast was good, fresh, but very basic. Bagels, cereal, yogurt....

Lastly, it occurred to me upon checking out that the front desk clerk who had checked us in had asked for my credit card. I thought they just needed it to verify the reservation but as it turns out they charged me again for the room that I had prepaid when booking it online. The front desk clerk confirmed this but said that he was not able/authorized to credit my account back and that I would have to leave a message for the hotel manager and she would get back to me after the weekend. The manager did call me back first thing on Monday. My account was credited the following Thursday. So no harm no foul but just a lot of avoidable inconvenience on their part.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I picked the Hyatt Place because this chain has spacious rooms with a suite area and refrigerator. It is decorated nice and is usually quiet. I had to work 1/2 day in the hotel and requested a quiet room. They put me on an upper floor at the end of the hall. It was very quiet and clean.
The free continental breakfast is your typical breakfast. I did use the fitness center and it was nice too.
Overall, a good stay for a quiet spacious room near the KC airport.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Free wireless, free breakfast, coffee/tea maker in room. All my top wishes provided, plus large couch and big screen tv. The bed could be more comfortable, but overall a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple