“Great experience in Liberty, MO”

Holiday Inn Express Liberty
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
San Luis Obispo, California
“Great experience in Liberty, MO”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

12 days into a roadtrip from California, room was spotless and comfortable with micro and fridge, staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was everything we expected plus loved the chocolate milk and larger sized yogurts than offerings in some other locations.
This is our second cross-country road trip exclusively with Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank arlenefrances
Jeanne S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
My staff and I are very pleased that your stay was enjoyable. We love hearing comments and concerns guest have when they stay with us. It helps us grow change learn from mistakes and
be better at what we do ... and that is serve you our valued guest.
We welcome you on your next trip through our area.
Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.
Jeanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Des Moines
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I think of this place as my "home away from home".
I need to go to this area a couple of times a month for business. The rooms and other facilities are great, but they should be - thats what anyone would expect. What set this place apart is the staff, and the way that they always extend themselves to assist with anything you might want. They have gone above and beyond many times, and I really appreciate the fact that they want to make every detail right.
It makes the travel enjoyable, not just business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael T
hie64158, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you michael for your many nights away from your loved ones. That is why it is soooo important for my crew to make sure that you are Home! Its hard to be away for extended amounts of time. And with the ease of staying with us we try to make life easier.
We are pleased that you choose us to stay with. And i will let the crew know you have been happy safe and comfortable in our Home away from Home!
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel during our annual vacation and had excellent service. The staff was amazing and breakfast each morning was fresh and hot. The kids had an awesome time swimming in the pool since it stormed during our stay for 2 days. We would recommend this hotel to our family and friends and look forward to coming back very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tish1978
we are very pleased that you and your family had an outstanding experience while visiting in the area.
Look forward to seeing you the next trip you take.
As always stay safe and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express at Liberty
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Booked three rooms. When we arrived, the first words out of the hostesses’ mouth were, "I doubt your rooms are ready". Really? And they weren't, in spite of it being past check in time.

Second words (as she checks the rooms) "You are so lucky to arrive today. The elevators have been out and it's been awful for the customers that have been here". Well, I was put off by that comment, but the elevators was working so...all good...until the elevator broke again that night. It's only a three floor hotel, and I don't need an elevator, but since she told me it's been awful without the elevator, I found myself thinking about how awful it was...psychology 101.

Our toilet was not working when we checked the room, so I went down to the desk (the phones won't dial properly either) and informed the hostess. She looked at me with a bit of a sideways glance and let me know she'd get her maintenance team on it in the morning. I objected, and she became defensive about their crew having left for the day. I told her I understood what she was saying, and asked her who at her corporate headquarters she would be calling to get a crew in to fix it immediately. It was fixed when we returned from dinner.

I understand about managing customer expectations. I know that I can’t have everything my way, but in this case, the hostess/management at the location were digging their own holes to fall in and actively trying to ensure that I felt my stay was inadequate.

They succeeded.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
hie64158, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
We apologize for the Things that happend to you on your stay at our Hotel! This is not how we like to conduct business. Yes the elevator was out we had it fixed but it quit the night you stayed an error on the elevator companys part. We hope that you will give us another try. We Hope that you have safe travels and will work on training the front line to be more supportive to you and others.
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. This hotel is nice and clean. The room is fine. It has quality bedding,including soft and firm pillows, a flat screen tv, a desk, and a nice bathroom. The room was very clean, and the window treatments were great, not allowing in any light from the parking lot. The room has the window style climate control unit, which I usually have issues with, but I never touched it and I never froze or baked in the room, so I was happy with it. The check in was efficient. The breakfast appeared to be complete and more than adequate. There were several bars, restaurants and stores nearby, including a bar in walking distance. I was very happy with this place and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank advonefin
hie64158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your recent stay. We appreciate your business. Look forward to your next stay!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. This time we were rewarded with an upgrade to a mini suite. Very nice, very quiet. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was very nice and plentiful. The wait person in the breakfast area made sure we had what we needed. Everything was fresh and hot. We left a nice tip for her excellent service.

Room Tip: All rooms are suitable for any person