“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #54 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Wyandotte, Michigan
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I travel a lot for work so i am in and out if hotels multiple times a month so I know a great hotel to a bad one. I typically love Holiday Inn Express, they all have new furnishings and are clean and have great staff. This hotel looks great on paper but that is where is stops. Cold showers and non HD TV with half of the channels not working in analog. The only great thing about the room is the bed, if you are staying one night just to sleep, this place will do fine.

The main issue i have with this hotel is that they would not honor the discount my company (FoMoCO) has, which is a much better rate than advertised. The reason they would not honor this is because i did not mention this upon check in, which was at midnight and the lady at the desk at that time said she did not have the ability to do so and to talk to the "manager" in the morning. I did so and that when i was told she could not give me the discount.

I then told them there are plenty of hotels in the area (4 on the same block) that i would be more than happy to stay at on my next visits to KC, this did not effect he resistance and stubborn attitude.

So in conclusion, I would not recommend staying at this particular Holiday Inn Express, that's unless you like cold showers and rude management.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander_Rae
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Alexander_Rae,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am truly sorry to hear the troubles you had during your visit. We would like to inform you that many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, we determine our own rates and policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. We offer different types of rates ranging from government, corporate to special group discounts, however, these rates are subject to availability. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this situation has caused you and sorry for the room condition fell below your standards.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I come here every time I go to Liberty, which is often (once a month?).

Pros: First of all, Mario and the rest of the staff are awesome. They are so nice and helpful...
Very convenient location and great prices/value. Right across the driveway from Tanner's Bar and right across the street from a Walmart. And then right down the street or over the freeway, tons of eating and shopping places. Comfy beds and nice showers/shower products. Very clean rooms. Nice TV's in the rooms. They recently upgraded to even better ones...They have microwaves and mini-fridges in every room. The fridges are not so mini though. They are a good size. Be careful they are not on too cold of a temp though! The thermostat easily moves. Internet is free and is a pretty good speed.

Cons: Breakfast is ok. I wish they had more healthy and/or "natural" products...Even the peanut butter has preservatives. Kind of sad but I know that's not their fault. Very quiet rooms unless you get the one on the second or third floor that is literally right next to the elevator...I can't remember the room numbers. 216 and 316? Or if you are right next to the fitness room. I think that is room 105 or something close to that. The "fitness" room is basically nothing. It has 1 treadmill, 1 cross-trainer (elliptical), and 1 bike. The room smells like sweat because there is no ventilation, and the TV has to be blaring for you to hear it over the machines. And you have to play first-dibs on the station since there is only one. The pool is ok, but very short and shallow. Really only good for kids to play in.

Overall, great hotel with great staff and a place to sleep. You get what you pay for. When I am there I usually am only in the room for a couple hours before bed, wake up early, and leave again. So for me, the cons are not that big of a deal (except for breakfast). Definitely will go again and again while on business trips (going in 2 days actually).

Room Tip: Higher floors are the quietest, just stay away from the ones right near the elevator. Don't stay...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kari T
Renee H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Kari T,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Your valuable feedback will aid us in making future improvements to our guest's experience. I hope that we will see you again when you are in the Kansas City area.

Darryl B
Beardstown, Illinois
Reviewed 13 February 2014

nice place clean rooms great staff lots of businesses close you can find anything you need at this location great food selection in the area the staff are very helpful with any needs you might have I look forward to my next stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jeanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Scott-

We truly appreciate you choosing our Holiday Inn Express in Kansas City/Liberty and are happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. You are correct, there are many wonderful dining and shopping options near to the hotel- next time, please stop by the front desk to see what restaurant discounts we have for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Renee Hadley
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I would bring family and friends back the pool is nice and clean laundry facility available vending and ice local stores and restaurants are in the pleanty Wal-Mart waffle house best buy home depot Lowe's you name they probably have it

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Rutledge family-

We loved having you and your family as our guests and we look forward to your next visit as well. Summertime is perfect to visit with World's of Fun only 10 minutes away.

Renee Hadley
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel while on business trips, many times over the past two years. The rooms and all areas of the hotel are always very clean, the staff is friendly and very professional and the manager, Jeanne, is always there with a smile and greeting! I would recommend this motel without any hesitation, whether overnight or for a longer stay.
There are various restaurants within walking distance or a very short drive and close to the Freeway and Shopping Mall.

1 Thank Joanne S
Jeanne S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Joanne S.,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comments in regards to your most recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express, we welcome all our guests with open arms and appreciate each and every one of them. We are pleased that you chose our location for your traveling needs and look forward to seeing you again as you travel thru the area. Safe travels and have a great day.

Holiday Inn Express KC/Liberty
8230 N Church Rd
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I arrived at the hotel and was not given the correct room and was told I could not have the correct room because it was unavailable. It smells like someone has been smoking in this non-smoking room. There are food crumbs on the couch and the floor is stained. You can hear everything your neighbor is doing. Extremely unahppy with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jeanne S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear TNK421,
I appreciate that fact that you took the time to place comments and feedback in regards to your recent stay. I apologize for the issues that you encountered and am certain if these problems were brought to the attention of the staff and front desk than we would have done our best to make corrections to your issues. I do hope that in your future travels you will give us a second chance and let us prove to you that we are a great place to stay. Safe travels.

\Holiday Inn Express KC/Liberty
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 8 February 2014

very friendly laid back hotel even with 8 inches of blowing snow and below zero temps.as close to home as one could expect. great rooms with top notch service. plenty of food and other businesses close by.great breakfast to start your day and a for sure smile and a laugh with the front desk staff .just all around good people here.

Dear John C,
We appreciate your feedback and comments in regards to your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Kansas City/Liberty. Our staff strive everyday to make each guest feel like they are at home and I am very pleased to hear that you felt that way while you stayed here. We hope to see you again if you ever need a hotel room while traveling.

Holiday Inn Express KC/Liberty
#2 of 108 in Kansas City
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liberty? Share your experiences!