“Would return!”

Ranked #58 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Milford, NE
“Would return!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was very comfortable for our weekend stay. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was excellent, and attended by friendly staff. We encountered no problems or difficulties. Definitely would stay here again, if needed. The location is surrounded by shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 68juls86
Renee H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear 68Jules86,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We love hearing where we met and exceeded your expectations!. I definitely hope that when you find yourself in the Kansas City area again that we are your first choice. We would love to have you back.

Darryl B
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Great visit to Holiday Inn Express on Church Road. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and accommodating. There was a nice free breakfast with eggs, biscuits and gravy, muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc. A clean modest facility, with many restaurants, stores nearby. Rooms have microwave and fridge. Front office lady made fresh cookies for the kids!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Bricelovesme,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to post your feedback. I am glad that you and your family were so pleased during your stay and that you enjoyed the breakfast and our location. We pride ourselves on our convenient location and, of course, that breakfast. We hope when you are in the Kansas City area again that you will make us your first choice.

Darryl B.
Manager
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Pro: Hotel staff was very friendly; Lobby and rooms seemed very clean; Exterior is well lit with plenty of parking; Very quiet for such a busy area. Con: No recognition for being a Platinum member, no water, no snack, no upgrade, nothing. Asked for King and was told none were available. Air conditioner was on 60 when I arrived and I left it on that. I really prefer a cool room, and it was never as cool as I would have preferred. Fridge and microwave were both unplugged, so fridge was hot for starters. It made a loud noise when running, which is probably why it was unplugged. The room seemed extremely small with very little floor space or room to relax other than the beds. Breakfast layout is too crowded to provide a decent flow, and the selection although typical, is small and boring.

It just did not live up to the standards I've come to expect. I doubt I would return, considering other the options available in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank OnTheRoadWarrior
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear OnTheRoadWarrior,

Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Platinum members and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to know that you found our staff and hotel amenities to be highly commendable. On the other hand, I am very sorry that your stay was negatively affected due to the air conditioning, the breakfast area and for any inconvenience you may have encountered regarding your Platinum membership benefits. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and I am confident that our hotel will take the necessary actions to make sure we improve on guest services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel and rooms are in need of an update, getting a little worn and dated. Hotel was fairly noisy. Bed was below average for comfort. Convenient to Jewell College. Staff was friendly. Breakfast buffet typical.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank widad11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear widad11,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this holiday inn express from 5/23-5/26. We were in town for a softball tournament. From the beginning I was very impressed with the level of customer service they offered. Clean comfortable rooms, great hot breakfast, and even allowed our team to have a team dinner in the breakfast area in the evenings. It's close to restaurants, shopping and the interstate. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the wifi was not the best but it did work for what I needed it for. A special thank you to Andrea and Darrell, the two GMs that we dealt with. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome....I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Renee H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear COcrazyhouseof5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. I definitely remember you guys and am so glad to have met you and your families. We hope to see you next time you are back in Kansas City!

Darryl B
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Came to Kansas City with the family for a Wedding. We chose the Holiday Inn Express because of its location and the price was right. This hotel was very accommodating during our 3 days stay. Very helpful with directions and getting us blankets and pillows for the kids. The location was really good.surrounded by all kinds of restaurants and shopping places. Our family walked to Dinner one night which was nice. Also, there was a wal-mart across the street so we got some groceries there to take back to the hotel. Overall, this is a good hotel but the location makes it really good.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor seemed quite to me
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sharon M,

Thank you so much taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our location even added to the positive experience. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Kansas City area.

Darryl B.
Wyandotte, Michigan
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I travel a lot for work so i am in and out if hotels multiple times a month so I know a great hotel to a bad one. I typically love Holiday Inn Express, they all have new furnishings and are clean and have great staff. This hotel looks great on paper but that is where is stops. Cold showers and non HD TV with half of the channels not working in analog. The only great thing about the room is the bed, if you are staying one night just to sleep, this place will do fine.

The main issue i have with this hotel is that they would not honor the discount my company (FoMoCO) has, which is a much better rate than advertised. The reason they would not honor this is because i did not mention this upon check in, which was at midnight and the lady at the desk at that time said she did not have the ability to do so and to talk to the "manager" in the morning. I did so and that when i was told she could not give me the discount.

I then told them there are plenty of hotels in the area (4 on the same block) that i would be more than happy to stay at on my next visits to KC, this did not effect he resistance and stubborn attitude.

So in conclusion, I would not recommend staying at this particular Holiday Inn Express, that's unless you like cold showers and rude management.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander_Rae
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liberty, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Alexander_Rae,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am truly sorry to hear the troubles you had during your visit. We would like to inform you that many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, we determine our own rates and policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. We offer different types of rates ranging from government, corporate to special group discounts, however, these rates are subject to availability. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this situation has caused you and sorry for the room condition fell below your standards.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
#1 of 109 in Kansas City
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liberty? Share your experiences!