“Above average - great service”

Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Above average - great service”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel needs some updating, and when we were there they only had 2 elevators working, and it was very busy. Waited 5-10 minutes for an elevator - but they were installing a new one which would help. Why I rated it high was due to the fact we had EXCELLENT service - from check in to bellhops to whatever we needed - they were very responsive and friendly.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter and have a nicer view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the wait on the elevators. As you stated, we are getting new elevators for the hotel and we are working diligently to minimize the impact on our guests as much as possible while we are completing this project.
We appreciate the recognition of our staff and service.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sales and Marketing Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Grantville, KS
Reviewed 20 February 2013

At first, I thought the price was a bit steep, and while the hotel was lacking in some ways (cold bathroom, tight parking for $15, 'cool' hottub, and slow elevators), we really enjoyed the spacious room, the great!! burger while we drank at the bar, and the fabulous breakfast. I felt glad I added the $10 to the room rate for the buffett (which would have been 2 adults and 2 children for $10 if we had that many in our room). It had so many offerings and everything was very tasty! The location to the plaza is great. Because our next night's stay was elsewhere in KC, we learned that the rate we paid for location and what we enjoyed was worth it.

Room Tip: Add the breakfast for $10 if offered!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the positive feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This hotel was just ok. I understand this hotel was recently rennovated. However, there was no wow factor I have come to expect from Marriott, epsecially new or newly rennovated ones. As a silver elite Marriott rewards member I am a frequent Marriott guest, so I know what to expect. There was nothing wrong with the room necessarily, there just was not a lot of difference between the room I stayed in at this Marrriott and the new Holiday Inn room I had last week in Jacksonville, FL. The other concerning issue was the deplorable smell which greeted me every time I got off the elevator on the 4th floor over a 2 day period. The smell was unacceptable and was a constant reminder of this hotel not measuring up to the Marriott standard.

On the positive side the hotel is located in a great location just a short walk to country club plaza. The staff were also very attentive and courteous. However, for over $200 night I would not stay here again for just an ok room on a smelly floor.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience at our hotel, especially as a valued Marriott Rewards Elite Member. We addressed the odor issue you mentioned, we apologize for the inconvenience it caused during your stay.
Thank you for the positive remarks regarding our staff and service, we take great pride in both.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week in February for business.

The room was not the cleanest I've stayed in. Stains on the walls and carpets, broken tiles in the bathroom, noisy HVAC, weak shower pressure. The wait for the elevators is about 5 minutes, no joke I timed it. No ice box in my room and even though I requested one from housekeeping, still no ice box. Parking garage is narrow, poorly lit and small. The gym has a very strong odor, a combination of sweat & chlorine and general musty smell. The TV on the treadmill was not working properly and the volume could not be adjusted above a whisper.

This hotel needs some MAJOR updating.

• Stayed February 2013
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Traveler,

We are very dissapointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. We would like to further discuss it with you if you would like to contact us.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hotel has the nicest most amazing staff! Especially Ravis, I would like to put him in my pocket. And Chris the bartender who I would like to give a performance review to. The rooms are nice and they will change all of your bedding to feather free bedding if you have feather allergies. And will make sure you are put in a low level room if you have a phobia with elevators. They also have an awesome shuttle service and their shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion smell AMAZING!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jaynac2
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and our service! Our staff always wants to ensure all our guests have an excellent stay and are happy to go the extra mile. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed at the Marriott For a conference for three nights. From the minute we checked in, we were well looked after. Front desk staff was outstanding and very helpful! Hotel has a free shuttle to the Country Club Plaza as well

Our first night was off to a rocky start, as soon as we settled for bed, which was late after a day of travel, we heard water gushing on the floor in our bathroom....the toilet was over flowing! It was a literal flood in our room....which quite frankly, sucked. It took a few calls to the front desk to get someone to come up (I don't think they understood at first that the toilet was literally overflowing) but once they did we were taken care of. A new room on the 19th floor, which is a concierge level was given to us, as well as our first nights stay was removed from our bill. This was very nice, and the second evening I had a knock at the door with a fruit and cheese tray and waters from Kevin, the front desk manager.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and would commend to anyone staying in KC. I love the Plaza area, and it's so convenient to be located so close to shopping and restaurants.

Thanks again to the staff for making our stay so great, even with the hiccup we had.

The elevator was very slow, and the rooms could probably use an upgrade, especially the shower/bath. Beds were extremely comfortable. We had a group rate and I would have a hard time paying full price, regardless of how satisfied I am, $259/night is crazy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. First of all we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced; we are happy to hear that everything was remediated to your satisfaction. We take pride in our staff and service and we appreciate you recognizing that.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Columbus, OH
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stayed here two nights last weekend while I was in Kansas City for a conference. I really like the hotel. It was updated and both the room and the public areas were very pleasant. The front desk staff was very helpful each time I spoke with them. Just about my only complaint was that the elevators were a little slow. It seemed like maybe only one out of three were working most of the time. But other than that, I had a very good experience and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the delays with the elevators. We are diligently working on fixing the problem.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!