“Good Stay, great service, good location”

Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Ranked #34 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Stay, great service, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Great friendly service at check-in, nice facilities although elevators and telephones a little dated. Rooms are clean and comfortable, buffett breakfast just as what you can allways expect from any Marriott hotel (eggs, cereal, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit). Free wireless internet in the lobby area, sometimes a little slow. Gym has great cardio equipment, few dumbells up to 50lb, some machines for upper body, all good for a "basic" workout. Nice pool and whirpool. No free parking. Good for business travel.
The hotel is located next to the Country Club Plaza where there are many chain restaurants and high-end stores and the hotel provides free shuttle service to and from it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Senorskytravel
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sales and Marketing Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Expected to stay and was only booked for 1 night. I ended up making another reservation online before i checked in for a second night. When I checked in, I caused some confusion as they saw my reservation and combined them together. I was actually booked for 2 rooms for 1 night. The front desk, Vashti, was able to sort things out and assist me with the rest of the reservation. She was super polite and asked for my number so she could call me when things got sorted. This was nice because that gave me confidence that it was going to be handled and i can go do other things. I later received a call and was told that it was settled. I ended up not keeping the second reservation on the 2nd night and they still sorted things out for me by allowing me to cancel. They suggested I stay at the airport location since I was flying out early the next morning. Rooms were clean, shower was hot, view was not much, but its also downtown. The cleaning staff I met were very polite and always smiled. They have a very nice lounge area and free wifi in the bar area. Typical for a Marriott, stay here if you want to be close to lots of downtown stuff and have an automobile. They offer Valet, but you can self park for 15 dollars a day. They have a small coffee shop to pick up a pastry or something light.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and service, we take great pride in both.
We appreciate the time you took to write a review of our hotel and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice with great view of country club plaza staff very friendly and always willing to help parking for larger vehicles like buses is limited but hotel had permit for me breakfast was great glad to stay here anytime

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are glad your experience at our hotel was enjoyable and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

816.303.4559
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel needs some updating, and when we were there they only had 2 elevators working, and it was very busy. Waited 5-10 minutes for an elevator - but they were installing a new one which would help. Why I rated it high was due to the fact we had EXCELLENT service - from check in to bellhops to whatever we needed - they were very responsive and friendly.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter and have a nicer view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the wait on the elevators. As you stated, we are getting new elevators for the hotel and we are working diligently to minimize the impact on our guests as much as possible while we are completing this project.
We appreciate the recognition of our staff and service.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Grantville, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

At first, I thought the price was a bit steep, and while the hotel was lacking in some ways (cold bathroom, tight parking for $15, 'cool' hottub, and slow elevators), we really enjoyed the spacious room, the great!! burger while we drank at the bar, and the fabulous breakfast. I felt glad I added the $10 to the room rate for the buffett (which would have been 2 adults and 2 children for $10 if we had that many in our room). It had so many offerings and everything was very tasty! The location to the plaza is great. Because our next night's stay was elsewhere in KC, we learned that the rate we paid for location and what we enjoyed was worth it.

Room Tip: Add the breakfast for $10 if offered!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the positive feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

This hotel was just ok. I understand this hotel was recently rennovated. However, there was no wow factor I have come to expect from Marriott, epsecially new or newly rennovated ones. As a silver elite Marriott rewards member I am a frequent Marriott guest, so I know what to expect. There was nothing wrong with the room necessarily, there just was not a lot of difference between the room I stayed in at this Marrriott and the new Holiday Inn room I had last week in Jacksonville, FL. The other concerning issue was the deplorable smell which greeted me every time I got off the elevator on the 4th floor over a 2 day period. The smell was unacceptable and was a constant reminder of this hotel not measuring up to the Marriott standard.

On the positive side the hotel is located in a great location just a short walk to country club plaza. The staff were also very attentive and courteous. However, for over $200 night I would not stay here again for just an ok room on a smelly floor.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience at our hotel, especially as a valued Marriott Rewards Elite Member. We addressed the odor issue you mentioned, we apologize for the inconvenience it caused during your stay.
Thank you for the positive remarks regarding our staff and service, we take great pride in both.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Rockville Centre, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week in February for business.

The room was not the cleanest I've stayed in. Stains on the walls and carpets, broken tiles in the bathroom, noisy HVAC, weak shower pressure. The wait for the elevators is about 5 minutes, no joke I timed it. No ice box in my room and even though I requested one from housekeeping, still no ice box. Parking garage is narrow, poorly lit and small. The gym has a very strong odor, a combination of sweat & chlorine and general musty smell. The TV on the treadmill was not working properly and the volume could not be adjusted above a whisper.

This hotel needs some MAJOR updating.

• Stayed February 2013
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Traveler,

We are very dissapointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. We would like to further discuss it with you if you would like to contact us.