“Very Impressive!”

Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Very Impressive!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Country Club Plaza for a seminar and a Kansas City Chiefs football game. I had not stayed at the hotel since it had been renovated. I was very, very impressed. The new decor is excellent and classy. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I was also very impressed with the service. Literally everyone I talked bent over backwards to help me with whatever I needed; from managament to all employees. I had a party of twelve and everyone was happy. The proximity of the hotel to the Country Club Plaza is also a big plus. I felt that the room rates were reasonable as well, for such a great location and the updated surroundings. The bar area and coffee area on the lobby floor were also well-received by my party. I know where I will be staying again when I visit Kansas City!

Room Tip: I recommend a higher floor room with a view of the Plaza.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for coming back to see us and for taking time to write a review. Happy to hear that you came in from Nebraska for the recent Chiefs Victory! We are excited about the rest of season and seeing more fans to see the Chiefs make a push for the playoffs. Hope to have you back soon for a Plaza visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Arrived on a Sat night and was told my reservation was cancelled. Took a while for them to sort it out. Never received my wake up call Sunday. Turns out an electrical problem blow out the elevators and phones. Missed my wake up call again Monday, which made me late for a meeting. Only one elevator working for about 2 days. Conference rooms were like a sauna. Not sure I'd stay here again...

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Please accept my apologies for the troubled stay you had with us, a city power outage on our block that effected numerous businesses had multiple services at our hotel hindered for a short time. I was concerned to hear that you had issues with our staff finding your reservation at check - in, I would like the opportunity to correct this with the staff involved but need more details from you.

If you have the time available please call the main hotel phone number of 816-531-3000 and ask for the Guest Services Manager - I would be delighted to take your call and to have the opportunity to prevent any future occurences like the one you experienced.
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! Great location! The Country Club Plaza area has great outdoor shopping w dozens of upscale stores and restaurants. The hotel has shuttle service, so its a breeze getting around. The breakfast is cook to order or a full buffet, including an omelet chef. The bar is fun and lively w a nice food menu. My family visits KC several times of year to see the Chiefs and this is our favorite place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Lee129
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for the great review! Great to hear that our Breakfast Buffet made a great impression - it really is the best value in the Country Club Plaza. The Main Street Grille serves breakfast every day with our full buffet, opening at 6:30am. Hope to have you back for another Chiefs Game!
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kansas City Marriott County Club Plaza Hotel on 10/12/2013 through 10/14/2013. We came to Kansas City for the Oakland Raiders vs Kansas City Chiefs game on 10/13/2013. We were very happy with the hotel, the front desk staff and food. We had never been to Kansas City before and were pleasantly surprised on how nice everyone was in the hotel, since we are Oakland Raiders fans. The room was roomy, the food was good (especially the breakfast in room service) and it was inviting. We were about four blocks away from the County Club Plaza walking down the hill. The fun part was walking back up that hill. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slynncox
Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel! As much as we are excited about our Kansas City Chiefs this season - we are just as excited to have all of our NFL Fans with us as well - I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we can get you back to stay with us before next season's Chiefs / Raiders game!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent a quick one-day visit to KC and stayed at this hotel. The service was very good; staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Food was good as well. The only problem I had was trying to find something for lunch at around 3:00 PM as this time fell between the times for lunch and dinner (had to walk down to the plaza to find something to eat). Otherwise, a good experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for the review, we are very close to two different Kansas City Museums - the Kemper Contemporary Art Museum is adjacent to our building, additionally we are 2 blocks from the Nelson Atkins Art Museum - our courtesy shuttle will even take you there!

We do have 3 restaurants in our hotel, Breakfast and Lunch is served in the Main Street Grille until 1:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and until 1:00pm on Friday and Saturday.

Our MI Great Room Lobby Lounge has a full dinner menu Monday through Thursday from 4:00pm to midnight, 1:00pm to midnight on Friday and Saturday and 5:00pm to midnight on Sundays. We also offer room service 6:00am until midnight every day of the week to serve guests between the times are Main Street Grille closes and the Lounge opens. Thank you again for the review!
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you're looking for warm, friendly staff and service, this is your place to stay. Everyone was incredibly accomodating and just plain midwest-nice!

Pros-
- Staff was really friendly and helpful
- When I asked for a room change, they were very accomodating and put me on the club floor
- Room was clean
- Plenty of outlets for the business traveler
- Location next to Country Club Plaza is great. It's on a small hill but walking distance

Cons -
- The first room was small and there was a compressor that kept turning on and off somewhere all night so I finally asked for a room change, which they did and were very nice about it
- No in-room safe
- Parking garage is awkward and hard to navigate

Room Tip: The higher rooms don't get road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the time you took on writing your review! We like to think we set the bar for "Midwest Hospitality". Don't forget when you are back with us - our courtesy shuttle will take you to and from the Country Club Plaza every day. Thank you again for the review!
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A small group of us, 5 persons, three rooms, recently stayed at this hotel for four nights, which included a weekend. Based on our stay, we all agreed this a very nice hotel.

In particular, all the staff was very friendly, pleasant, and always willing to assist with any request or issue, which included the bell and valet persons, front desk staff (check in and out was a snap), other team members. High marks must be given to Michael (an outstanding individual) and Kevin at the front desk, who offered service above and beyond the call. Several excellent areas and conditions of the hotel need to be addressed:

1) The room towels, linen, pillows and mattress were the best and very, very comfortable; 2) the hotel shuttle bus was great (it only goes so far from the hotel but nonetheless it is still great to use and a money saver on cab fares); 3) lobby and bar area is very clean and comfortable; 4) the valet parking ($15 per night is reasonable and quick to use); and 4) the bar personnel is great, especially Tanner and Katlynn, both are excellent bartenders,very friendly and, above all, they know how to make a very good drink, even if it is different or an unusual requested one; both of them are an asset to the hotel team.

The only negative issues about the hotel is this: The pool, which is noted on the hotel's Web site as heated, is cold; the temperature hovered around 79/81 degree, which is too cold for use; and 2) housekeeping needs to speed things up; several days we came back to our room around 3:30 or 4:00 pm and the room was not made up (please note, the rooms were very clean when done). However, with that said, the hotel staff, in particular, Michael, adequately addressed our issues as well as attempting to correct them (big kudos to him for doing so). I would also say that the charge for WiFi in the room ($9.95) for a Silver Marriott member is in my opinion excessive.

Nonetheless, this is a great hotel to stay out while in Kansas City, Missouri because of a great staff, nice rooms, and a great location. Good job staff and management.

Room Tip: The ninth floor is nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Teddy! Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review! I am happy to hear that your family all concur that their stay was great - we hope to have you all back for a future visit.