“EXCELLENT staff, excellent stay!”

Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Ranked #31 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 29 April 2014

From the MINUTE we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty! Our room wasn't ready when we got there (we arrived a bit earlier than the check in time), but they made sure our room would be done ASAP and gave us a great suggestion on where to go for lunch while our room was being prepared. The staff at the desk, the doormen, and other staff just around the hotel all greeted us with a hello and a smile and made us really feel welcomed! Upon getting into our room, we saw a letter from Ravis (from front desk) with a list of his personal local favorite restaurants because we mentioned we liked to eat where the locals did….VERY nice touch! If we needed an extra bar of soap, towel, etc…it was in our room literally within minutes. The rooms were clean, spacious, and quiet. I was VERY happy with everything about this hotel…from the parking garage, free shuttle around town, to the sweet barista who served me my Starbucks in the morning. Wouldn't look anywhere else to stay if I visit KC again! Also, GREAT location within short driving distances to MANY areas of interest!

1  Thank Have-A-Lovely
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for all of the accolades, I am happy to hear of another stellar Marriott Experience our staff has delivered. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Ravis and our morning Barista (those ladies over there make everyone's morning a lot easier!) We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The room was clean and well-kept. The staff are capable and very service-oriented. The catering food at the conference I attended was very good. The location is wonderfully convenient to shops and restaurants, Definitely, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one.
1  Thank Gus B
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Great to hear about your stay! I hope you have the opportunity to stay wtih us while you have some leisure time as well - we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The location was good. The price was really low. The rooms were a bit dated. The walls were thin and we could hear the elevator from our room and we were quite a bit away. However, the staff was among the best I have encountered. Seriously. From the bellmen to the front desk to the bartender, they could not have been more friendly or helpful. It was my first time in KC and after chatting with some of the staff, I had a feeling I was in a very friendly city. They were certainly representative of everyone we came across.

Thanks for the suggestions and the smiles. Well done.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhoWantsToGo
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for the review! Awesome comments to see that our Team Members are doing it right! We look forward to having you back on the Country Club Plaza.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Longtime Marriott Gold/Plat with probably 10 business stays at this property in the last year. I've stayed at other KC hotels but I always end up back here.
Pros:
Concierge lounge
Staff
Nice rooms(not tired at all)
Proximity to the plaza(plus hassle free shuttle)
Very good internet
Decent food
Cons:
Parking, self park is $16 which is reasonable but they block parking spots on the first 4 levels of the 5 level garage for valet and these spots often sit empty late into the evening. It's as if they punish guest for choosing self park over valet. I'm not cheap but my company policy is self parking. If I have a late dinner, I end up parking on the damn roof after passing 30 empty spots in the garage, not cool !!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a even number room facing the plaza, odd number rooms face the side of an office building
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel!

I am happy to hear that you find yourself back in our hotel for your trips to the Country Club Plaza. I understand your frustration at paying for a parking spot in our covered garage, however parking on our street is very privatized and limited which is part of the reason we do charge for self parking. The valet is only $4 more but I understand if it is something your company does not reimburse for.

I hope to have you back with us - thank you again for all of your time and loyalty with Marriott Hotels.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Thanks, Marriott! We were in for a quick one night visit to see what KC had to offer. When we arrived, we were asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. So, I very candidly mentioned that I had not been able to get a reservation where I wanted to have dinner - The Westside Local - and, within 10 minutes, the concierge had worked his magic! Then, to top that off, since it was a birthday getaway they asked if anything would make my birthday "special"....I said "dessert in my room!".....half joking, half not joking. By 10pm, a slice of amazing chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne had been delivered! The hotel was very busy with a cheerleading competition in town and the manager and concierge went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. So, thanks again, Marriott -- we shall return!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xjgrl
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thanks for sharing your Marriott Experience! Glad to hear you had a memorable Birthday Weekend, I hope you have the opportunity to see us in Kansas City again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

It's a decent hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lobby bar is cozy. Rooms are average but large and comfortable. Breakfast was average. It's about 2 to 3 blocks to the Country Club Plaza shopping and dinning area. The hotel is also partnered with some restaurants where you will get 10% discount if you have the hotel make reservation or just bring a business card from the hotel. It's about 15 min drive to downtown.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IntBizTraveler

Thank you for your review, I was disappointed to see a below average ranking of our hotel overall. Would you have any additional feedback you could share with me to help improve our services and or product? Feel free to reach me at the main hotel phone number and ask for he Guest Services Manager - thank you for all of your time!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

3 business nights in March. Mobile check in is always nice. All you have to do is stop at the desk & pick up your room key. I always stay on the 19th floor - concierge lounge level - and it is very quiet. The room was the largest I have ever had at this hotel.. It was on a corner and had views on 2 sides. The concierge lounge is always outstanding. From breakfast thru late hours. This time the late afternoon "snacks" were easily enough to have for dinner if you weren't going out. from sliced steak to pork loin it was almost too much. breakfast is always bacon & scrambled eggs plus oatmeal & various fresh fruit and breads. very well equipped exercise facility. About twice the size I usually see and all the equipment was in very good shape. The service thruout the hotel is outstanding and very friendly. My only complaint this visit is that 1 of the 3 elevators was out of service for 2 days.

Room Tip: If you can get them, rooms on the 19th floor overlooking the Plaza are quite & the corner rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for the review, sounds like you got one of our two suites with a panoramic view of the Plaza - one of my favorite rooms. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay ( with the exception of one of our elevators being down - that is all repaired now).

We hope to have you back with us on the Plaza for another great Marriott Experience!