“Nice, but not all I expected”

Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Ranked #31 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room, ok. Individual coffee maker, shampoo, conditioner, etc. No refrigerator. Good view of plaza from room. Lots of staff to welcome you & offer answers to any question. Room service slightly high but very tasty.
3 floors of valet parking. Challenging to find a parking spot on garage floor 4. Elevator to 5th floor parking not available. Front desk offered to carry luggage, but felt awkward saying ok. $15 a day to park seemed high, but unavoidable. Parking spots were very straight & tight. Concerned about door dings & parking garage poles.
Heard the gym was great.
Food served during business meetings was good.
Nearby museums, and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking he time to write a review. I understand your frustration with the parking, and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Our parking is very limited on the street we are on but our garage does supply ample spots for all of our guests. Valet is a very big request at our facility and close proximity for retrieval quickly is important for us to deliver a quality service.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you back, should I be of any assistance for future visits please feel free to call the main hotel phone number and ask for the Guest Services Manager.

Thank you again for all of your time!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Marriott lost the reservation we made on Mar 22, 2014. Had to make a new reservation but was charged almost 100.00 more for the room. I was shocked to see that there wa a charge for wi-fi in a 300.00 per night room. Also disappointed that I was charged 15.00 to park in their parking
garage. Receive a very nice e-mail stating that they would do better next time we stayed.
There will not be a next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly V
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Please feel free to contact the hotel regarding the discrepancy with your reservation, I would be more than happy to look into this with you. Feel free to call the main hotel phone number and ask for the Guest Services Manager.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice convention area. Rooms are nice, need some upgrades for the frequent travelers like plugs near bedside that are accessible for cellphone and laptop plugs. Concierge area is a must visit. Bar area is very modern, though food is not high end.
The fitness area is superb. 22nd floor offers great view of one of the city squares.
All in all I would visit and stay here without question

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear you had a good time during a convention with us - I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us for leisure as well to visit the Country Club Plaza.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Check in staff very nice and location is convenient,
Hotel room below average, very outdated.
Way overpriced for what you get. Charge for internet and parking.
Simply put, not impressed.
First "Not so great" review I have ever written.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

SM Colorado -

I was disappointed to read on your review that you did not enjoy your stay, I was hoping you would have a few moments to elaborate in more detail with me on the items that were out of date or in need of replacement.

I understand your frustration in paying for parking, however in our area parking is at a premium and privatized all around us making it a difficult amenity to provide as complimentary. Our wifi is a fee in our guest rooms and a brand new wireless system was just installed this year - however we do provide it complimentary in our lobby.

Please feel free to reach me at the main hotel phone number, simply ask for the guest services manager and I would be delighted to take your call for any additional feedback - thank you for all of your time!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here and would most likely return. Our room was clean. Service at the hotel bar was exceptional. I love that they offer the free shuttle down to the plaza shopping area. However, my one complaint is that our shuttle driver drove like a maniac and my friend literally fell out of her seat and into the aisle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear our Bar Staff delivered a great Marriott Experience, however I was very concerned to hear our shuttle driver was not driving safely. If I could have a moment of your time, could you please call the main hotel phone number and ask for the Guest Services Manager? Safety with our shuttle is a top priority with our hotel and I would like to ask you a few questions so I could address the driving of the staff we had on duty during your stay.

Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff at this Marriott is top notch! From Ravis and Kevin at the front desk, to Tanner and Mike (bartenders) and Darrell who helped us rearrange our room. This staff is excellent! My wife and I stayed on the 15th floor and our bed didn't face our TV. If we wanted to lounge in bed and watch TV we had to look 90 deg left and whoever was on the right side of the bed couldn't see the TV through the person on the other side. Weird layout. Luckily the staff realized our problem and promptly sent up staff to help us move the bed and everything else. I really enjoyed this Marriott and would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the room layout. Get the eggs benedict for breakfast-delicious!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin P
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I would like to apologize for he room arrangement, I understand what you mean about the challenge it can make with viewing tv from bed. I am happy to hear our staff was able to make the arrangements needed for your comfort.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to all of the staff you mentioned - we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

From the MINUTE we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty! Our room wasn't ready when we got there (we arrived a bit earlier than the check in time), but they made sure our room would be done ASAP and gave us a great suggestion on where to go for lunch while our room was being prepared. The staff at the desk, the doormen, and other staff just around the hotel all greeted us with a hello and a smile and made us really feel welcomed! Upon getting into our room, we saw a letter from Ravis (from front desk) with a list of his personal local favorite restaurants because we mentioned we liked to eat where the locals did….VERY nice touch! If we needed an extra bar of soap, towel, etc…it was in our room literally within minutes. The rooms were clean, spacious, and quiet. I was VERY happy with everything about this hotel…from the parking garage, free shuttle around town, to the sweet barista who served me my Starbucks in the morning. Wouldn't look anywhere else to stay if I visit KC again! Also, GREAT location within short driving distances to MANY areas of interest!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Have-A-Lovely

Thank you for all of the accolades, I am happy to hear of another stellar Marriott Experience our staff has delivered. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Ravis and our morning Barista (those ladies over there make everyone's morning a lot easier!) We hope to have you back soon.