“Great customer service, free parking”

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
New Jersey
“Great customer service, free parking”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The staff at this hotel were all very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The free breakfast was good, and the hotel was clean, and in a nice neighborhood. Our room was a little tired looking -- carpet a bit worn, and the air conditioning smelled a bit. We chose this hotel for the price, free parking and location close to downtown. We later decided not to rent a car, and this was a mistake. It would have been easier to get around with a car. I would stay here again but I would rent a car.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This is my first time traveling to Kansas City. I came for the annual Silpada Convention. When I arrived I was in dire straights, the front office manager, Katlin Leonard and his staff assistant, Ree went above and beyond the call of duty. In a financial bind and new in town I needed cash for transportation to the convention.
I had been told prior to booking this hotel shuttle service was offered. Only to find out it was not. I would not have funds until the next day, but I was in need now. I set my mind to walk the distance. I asked Ree how far? she replied it's pretty far and it's very hot out. Which it is, very hot. None the less I was determined to make it to my convention, after all it was my first Silpada convention.
She offered me cash for the trip which I thank her with promise to pay back the next day. She said no need. But I could not do that .... I was moved by her generosity and kindness to a stranger. I proceeded to my room to find it immaculant. Sheets crisp white, comforter like new, shower and bathroom clean to perfection. Halls clean and everything smelled nice and fresh. The kingsize room looked to be the size of a suite. I was truly pleased with my hotel stay. The staff is very helpful and accomodating. Silpada have convention every year. And I would stay again at the Fairfield Inn, the price may be a bit much for others. But it just right for me. I couldn't afford the hotels across from the convention and this worked out well for me. The bus come right out front and for the small fee I paid it drops me right in front of the convetion center. This works for me... I will be back to this Great hotel in Kansas City, MO. I critique many places and shops. Fairfield Inn is high on my list of Great Hotels. Keep up the good work, I will refer others to this hotel as well.

Room Tip: Down the street about 10 blocks from the convention center. Great price for anyone that cannot or pr...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Iowa
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Stayed here to attend exhibit at Union Station. Free parking at a hotel is rare in this area so a plus. Only 2 minutes to Union Station. Excellent service. Front desk clerk noticed upon check in that I could have a cheaper rate and gave it to me. Also gave excellent advice about places to eat and directions. Great breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Staciele
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This is what you would expect from Fairfield....a comfortable, reasonable, and clean facility with a few amenities. The front desk folks make this one stand out. I had lots of questions and they professionally answered each one, providing excellent sugggestions on places to eat and parks to explore. Friendly and courteous, Nadija was great.

• Stayed April 2011
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The location was not bad for access to downtown - assuming you aren't walking. The room seem a bit tired.

Bed - pretty soft (not my preference)
TV - old tube.
Free Wireless, but hardly high-speed. Faster than dialup, but slower than DSL.
Shower could use more water pressure.
Room included a refrigerator and microwave.

I stayed on the side facing the parking lot. There appears to be a bar or something in the group of buildings on the other side of the parking lot and I could hear people at night. Not ridiculously loud, but still present. If you have a hard time falling asleep, request a room facing downtown.

Plenty of parking.

Also sits almost directly across Main Street from Liberty Park. Nice open area that is home to the World War I Museum (admission is not free to the museum). Good if you are the type who likes to go running.

I don't know if I'd really say they have a business center. They have a computer in the lobby where you can go online and print boarding passes. Faxing/copying has to be done at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mobycat
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The Fairfield Inn was an excellent hotel with a great location as we came to K.C. from Denver for both Roger Waters and Chiefs vs Bills. The hotel is located 4 blocks from Martini Corner, where the KCStrip Trolley both picks up and drops off. The hotel was very comfortable, with very cushy beds and pillows. After a night out of fun, I really did sleep like a baby and felt much better in the morning then I would have thought. Thanks Fairfield for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
St Louis
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed here for the KC Marathon. The hotel was clean and the staff was easy-going and friendly. The location was close to the start of the Marathon at Crown Center. It was worth the cost of the hotel to not have to fight the crowds and wake up super early.
It is not within walking distance to power and light but it is a short/cheap $7 cab ride.
Good stay and the KC Marathon was a great race!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family