“Will use this hotel again.”

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Will use this hotel again.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A little expensive but our stay was during graduation weekend. Otherwise, we liked this hotel. Good breakfast with two attendants. Perfect location for us between the dental school and Westport. Will be on our short list when we return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
India
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The first hotel I stayed at the first time I went to the USA. It's a lovely hotel and the staff are the best. Myron, Sherri and Vincent at the front desk were fantastic. Stayed here about 2 weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit. The breakfast is nice and the shuttle service is very convenient. Met a lot of lovely people at breakfast most days. Thanks Fairfield Inn :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IndiGlo17
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill and had a wonderful time. We overnighted in Kansas City on the way to Springfield, MO picking up our daughter from college. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and even the night security guard went out of his way to greet us and make us feel welcome. The room was clean and nice and breakfast in the morning was very good with lots of choices. I liked the downtown location because it was convenient off of the interstate and we wanted to check out the Power and Light District and Sprint Center, which were just a few minutes away from the hotel by car. Cool area, by the way. Other attractions in Kansas City are also within an easy drive. Parking was free at the hotel for our stay. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James J
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here during a conference in Kansas City. The front desk staff were always very helpful with questions, and I came to appreciate the free shuttle when heading back to the hotel in the evening and during a rainstorm. The shuttle was very quick and safe. I also did a lot of walking in the area, and the staff gave excellent directions. It's about a 15 minute walk to Crown Center, and about 30 minutes to the Westport area, that has some restaurants and bars. I had a huge corner room on the fourth floor with a nice view of the city and beyond. The hotel layout is a bit tricky at first--when I took the stairs I didn't realize the breakfast room is actually on the second floor. The exercise room is tiny and tended to get overheated. Housekeeping did a nice job. One time the housekeeping supervisor accidentally entered my room while I was in it, thinking he was going into another room. He was very apologetic and immediately after the front desk called and apologized. Mistakes happen--I appreciate the quick explanation! My only complaint was that the internet often didn't work. I ended up using the Residence Inn internet, which is next door and while slow, at least was working. The price was really good for the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank skyeport
Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The minute I walked in the door I was treated like a very valuable customer. The check in experience was one of the best I have ever experienced. You could tell that Cheri (sp?) genuinely enjoyed her job as I was met with a smile and answers to any and all questions. Elite customers (including myself) were met with a welcome note posted on the front desk. The warm cookies were a nice touch, also. The room was efficient and comfortable, breakfast was good, and a question I asked the front desk that morning was answered with a smile and genuine concern that I received the info I needed. The location was perfect for my meeting. Everything about this stay was great. I will definitely stay there again if I am in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Get a room above the first floor to avoid a possible confusing layout.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ikiser
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We had the best experience at the Fairfield. The room was spacious, clean. We needed handicap accessible room with roll in shower and got it. The personnel was excellent as was the service. It was one of our best experiences

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here on a long weekend in KC. Overall, this place was excellent. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The place was updated with exception of the bathroom floor tile . The staff was always pleasant and helpful. The location was about a 15 minute walk/2 minute drive to Crowne Center or 30 minute walk/5 minute drive to Power and Lights District. They also have a free shuttle.

The only oddity was the first floor layout. Our room number was 228, but it was first floor. To get from the lobby and breakfast, you have to go outside under a covered pass through driveway and back inside. Luckily the weather was nice, so it was not too much of an issue. However, cold or windy weather would make this trek annoying. Plus, you have to use your key twice (once to get back into the building and another at your room).

Only complaint was the internet. At least two evenings, none of the 5 internet devices we had with us (2 cells, 2 tablets and a laptop) would connect to the WIFI. Most of the time, it was too slow to use when we could connect.

Room Tip: Ask for room off ground level to avoid awkward walk outside from lobby area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple