“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Ames, Iowa
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I am an employee of a different Hilton property so I was able to book some rooms here at the employee rate. There was a little miscommunication on the phone about the reservations, but when I got there everything was PERFECT! The rooms were ready to go and close to each other. There were a bunch of us traveling together for a salsa event so when we got there we all had to get dressed up to go out. The bathrooms had great mirrors and I know that the performance team used many of the amenities. We were up really late so we had a late start Saturday morning. Breakfast was served until 10, but we didn't get downstairs until 11. The breakfast server was putting food away but she stopped and offered to get us whatever we wanted. What great service! Also, I requested a late check out. I know that it is a hassle for housekeeping when rooms have a late checkout but they were so gracious to grant it for us. There are Hilton properties closer to the salsa event, but if I ever go back I will definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 February 2011

my wife and I just returned from a long week-end trip to Kansas City..
our stay here was noting short of great..although the hotel is several miles form city center. everything about our stay there was great..the staff were always friendly,attentive (last night when I asked for popcorn-the person on the night desk gave me some from her personal supply.) very clean..wonderful am breakfast..thoroughly recommend!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This hotel is normally just fine; I stay there 2-3 times per year.
Last night a mouse in the walls woke me up at 1:15AM. I can sleep through
a lot, but couldn't get back to sleep. Got up and back on the road at 1:45. I mentioned the mouse noise to the night clerk but she didn't seem concerned beyond a "sorry".

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank 914adkins
gkoch0318, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the noise you heard within the walls of your room.
This is the first time we have ever had that feedback and I wanted to let you know that I made an immediate call to our pest control company and had them at our property the next morning to address the situation.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to demonstrate our 100% commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Lindsborg, Kansas
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Home away from home. Comfort, quality, and the best customer service. One of the top ten Hampton Inn's I have stayed at in the country. And there are a lot of Hampton's.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Minneapolis,Mn
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I needed to stop for the night and decided to Drive thru Kansas City before stopping for the night. At exit 16 N on I35 I found this nice Hampton Inn, The exit had a wide selection of eating places, a gas station and even a mall. The Hampton Inn was easy to get to, you could see it as you exited the interstate. The room was quiet, and the staff at the front desk very helpful to a tired traveler. The morning breakfast bar was well stocked, and the access back to the interstate in the morning was not to bad, you just have to drive down to the light to get back to the highway.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 December 2010

What a pleasant surprise on our road trip to Minnesota & North Dakota for our Christmas Holidays!
We've stayed in much more expensive hotels that weren't as luxe as this hotel.
Friendly & competent staff, beautiful finishes, great amenities, wonderfully comfortable bed -- linens & pillows, too -- quiet for great sleeping.
I'd recommend this hotel in a heartbeat & will make it a point to stay here any time I'm anywhere near Kansas City.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rfalstad
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This Hampton Inn was a nice place to stay. The room price was reasonable. The hotel is quiet, the pool area is clean and the hot breakfast was great. The hotel staff at the front desk is friendly. The high speed internet is complimentary and worked well. We travelled with two small children and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and clean. The television was a large flat screen and the room had a miniature fridge. Everything seemed clean and in working order. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family