“Quiet, near everything”

Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Broken Arrow, United States
“Quiet, near everything”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews. We were very pleased with the hotel other than the traffic (busy area) and my husband thought the room had a "musty" smell to it. I didn't notice. He said it reminded him of the barracks when he was in the Army and of a wet rag that had mildewed. I didn't notice it but it was enough for him to want to buy air freshener next door at Target. We would stay again as it was easy access to everything in Kansas City and had everything we needed right near the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Warrenton, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Second time I have stayed at this property. It may sound like a silly thing to talk about but I cannot get over the cleanliness of this hotel. I mean I "white-gloved" my room and not a speck of stray dust. My visits were 2 years apart, and I know this building is at least 5 years old, but looks brand-spankin'-new! Staff is kind & smiling. My only complaint was the hike in price-- it was $40.00 more a night this stay than in 2011. Maybe that's just the way it is. Or maybe it was because I was in the KC area, during the American Royal BBQ Event & a Chiefs home game. Rooms must have been at a premium.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Van Buren, AR, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

An outstanding choice when staying in the Kansas City area. Good restaurants nearby and easy access to Arrowhead and Kaufmann Stadium. Clean rooms and considerate and helpful staff! Great complimentary breakfast too! Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We're traveling from Washington state to Georgia we were tired so we decided to stay at this place. The lobby looked nice so it set a high expectation for me. The room though? Definitely not worth the price! I am a handicap, and the bathroom isn't suited for someone on a wheelchair.

There wasn't any proper lighting the room and it just sucked.. The air conditioning kept turning off and on, we tried to take it off of thermostat but for some reason, it wouldn't.

Back to the bathroom, it's TOO small for someone on a wheelchair! The bench that's provided is so small and for someone who sits on it, and doesn't have use of their legs can easily fall off. Thank god for the railings. I, myself trying to transfer to the bench, almost fell several times because the bathroom is so congested.

The property looks old and the rooms aren't that well maintained.

We did not enjoy our stay at all I would never visit this place again.

Stayed October 2013
gkoch0318, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the accomodations in your room.

I know it is important to have a room which meets your specific needs. You can be confident that we have followed-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts as your comments have helped us to improve our guests experience.

Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
If you would like to discuss this matter further please call or e-mail me and I would love the opportuntity to exceed your expectations.
Muscatine, Iowa
Reviewed 4 October 2013

As the title says, probably the best Hampton Inn I have stayed at. The lobby just looks so more inviting than other Hamptons. It's very quiet, the carpets look brand new, the rooms have an updated computer desk/closet setup. The rooms seem very updated. Will visit here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a 4 day weekend. I liked the location, near the highway and near a wedding I was attending. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The front desk staff was friendly, calling our room after checkin to make sure the room was ok.

The flooring (pergo?) near the elevator was warped which made walking in heels difficult. There are signs in the elevators letting you know that their bedding is clean and even a post it note on the bed letting you know the bedding was changed just for you. Clean bedding is something I expect, I don't view this as a perk or anything special.

I had breakfast each morning at the hotel, it was ok, nothing special. My room had a refrigerator and coffee maker which I did find to be a plus.

I would stay at this location again, there was just nothing special or extraordinary about the experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ljmzta
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Friendly front desk staff and cleaning staff. Clean throughout. Lots of ice! Will stay here again if in the area. Never been in a Hampton, but that will change now. I have nothing bad to stay about our stay. It was comfortable and stress free.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple