“Convenient Location and Comforting Amenities”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #6 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Jefferson, Ohio
“Convenient Location and Comforting Amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The location of this hotel really makes it a worth while stop. I traveled for business, but was lucky enough to find time to explore the surrounding area before heading out.

First, The ROOM. Checked in later at night. Check-in was quick even though one of the front desk attendants was dealing with an upset guest- they tried not to let it impact me. They did give me all the info I needed for the morning and for my stay, which was nice. The room was clean and the bed Very comfortable! The duvet was just right for me (I like a weighted duvet). Best part- there was a note stating they clean the duvets for each guest! Very reassuring and it made me confident with snuggling up under it. Though the sticky note on the headboard with the message seemed a little out of place, I'm glad it was there! The in-room directory was hard to thumb through being in a plastic binder with no clear organization (tabs or something) to separate sections. The shower was huge and the bath amenities were pleasant. I Loved the brand of make-up remover wipes found in the room. Very soft and effective. The shampoo actually smelled nice (it was Neutrogena!). I didn't turn on the tv while I was there, so can't comment on that. There was a Huge mirror on the wall and I to my delight I found that is was actually a swinging door to the closet! Convenient for all my attire changes to attend various meetings and events that week.

Next, THE HOTEL: There was some shouting outside the first morning- Early... like ranting outside (I was above the front entrance on the 6th floor). Lasted for about 20 minutes, then did not occur again. There were a lot of sirens throughout my 3 night stay too, could hear those and a lot of the other guests- perhaps some sound proofing is needed? Taxi service was easy to get when needed. Valet parking was offered for those who had cars. The Breakfast was included and not your typical 'free breakfast'. They offered hot and fresh cold items. I was surprised by the cheese omelets and the amount of food items offered- very nice. The snack shop was convenient too. The pool area was ok, but I wouldn't recommend swimming. The water had a lot of things floating in it: a hair ball, dirt, debris. Didn't make use of the work-out room, but it looked nice.

Finally, THE AREA: The best part of the stay really was the final day when I was able to get out early in the morning and stroll about the Country Club Plaza area. The fountains are interesting, the architecture is cool, the shops and restaurants were all very charming. I loved the bistro that had a patio out over the busy street! Worth while to plan an extra day to simply explore the area, enjoy the unique fountains hidden all over and hit the shops. Just wish I had more time. I plan to take my family for a trip and even stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a map of the shops and nearby area- very helpful!
2 Thank Daisy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed one night for a business trip and the hotel staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel offered wine happy hour in the evening and snacks. Everything is walking distance from the hotel to restaurants, shops, etc. Great service!

Des Moines, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everything was very comfortable and clean with very friendly and helpful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to the KC area especially in the Plaza area. It is very convenient as it is walking distance to many great places to eat and shop.

Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a 3-diamond hotel in AAA. The room was adequate and quiet except for the drain gurgling loudly from time to time. The breakfast buffet was above average, and the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel jacked up the room rate because it was the opening season for baseball. The room was $179/night! Free parking in the garage was nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fort Smith
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Hotel is within walking distance to the Plaza and a short trip to many activities in KC including the WW 1 Museum, Boulevard Brewery, The Federal reserve Bank and the Nelson Museum. A Very nice hotel with a great staff and plenty of free parking. Be aware that there is not a refrigerator or microwave in the non-suite rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank bart0ng
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice hotel, we have stayed in Hampton Inns' before and have found them to be reliable with cleanliness and friendly staff as well as having breakfast included. The only negative was the double beds, I would have preferred a suite but it was just more than I wanted to spend for an extended weekend. Our family fit the beds, but it seems as if no one would even bother to have two doubles. The pool was frequented by unsupervised young children and it stressed my husband out since he was the only adult several times. It was hard to get extra towels and shampoo, but not earth shattering. Usually if you leave a good tip and a request for items the maids hook you up, not so. The location was great! A short walk down the hill and you could shop and eat, parking at the hotel was free and if you needed a taxi there were easy to come by. Overall a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I travel a lot for work and am rarely bowled over by a hotel, even very upscale hotels. I had never had a reservation at a hotel as basic as a Hampton Inn before, and was dreading the stay, but from the moment I walked in the door, I was impressed. The man at the front desk was the right blend of genuinely friendly and highly professional; the offer of a variety of complimentary foods on check-in was remarkable, my suite was huge with a big well equipped kitchen and living room, the bathroom amenities were excellent, the room was clean, the window actually opened (and wide enough to get ventilation), there were electrical outlets in all the right places for business travelers with lots of technology to plug in, they will let you into the fitness center early on request, the water pressure was excellent and the property safe and quiet. The decor isn't modern or edgy, but more was provided here than at hotels I've stayed in for 5 times the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business