The location of this hotel really makes it a worth while stop. I traveled for business, but was lucky enough to find time to explore the surrounding area before heading out.
First, The ROOM. Checked in later at night. Check-in was quick even though one of the front desk attendants was dealing with an upset guest- they tried not to let it impact me. They did give me all the info I needed for the morning and for my stay, which was nice. The room was clean and the bed Very comfortable! The duvet was just right for me (I like a weighted duvet). Best part- there was a note stating they clean the duvets for each guest! Very reassuring and it made me confident with snuggling up under it. Though the sticky note on the headboard with the message seemed a little out of place, I'm glad it was there! The in-room directory was hard to thumb through being in a plastic binder with no clear organization (tabs or something) to separate sections. The shower was huge and the bath amenities were pleasant. I Loved the brand of make-up remover wipes found in the room. Very soft and effective. The shampoo actually smelled nice (it was Neutrogena!). I didn't turn on the tv while I was there, so can't comment on that. There was a Huge mirror on the wall and I to my delight I found that is was actually a swinging door to the closet! Convenient for all my attire changes to attend various meetings and events that week.
Next, THE HOTEL: There was some shouting outside the first morning- Early... like ranting outside (I was above the front entrance on the 6th floor). Lasted for about 20 minutes, then did not occur again. There were a lot of sirens throughout my 3 night stay too, could hear those and a lot of the other guests- perhaps some sound proofing is needed? Taxi service was easy to get when needed. Valet parking was offered for those who had cars. The Breakfast was included and not your typical 'free breakfast'. They offered hot and fresh cold items. I was surprised by the cheese omelets and the amount of food items offered- very nice. The snack shop was convenient too. The pool area was ok, but I wouldn't recommend swimming. The water had a lot of things floating in it: a hair ball, dirt, debris. Didn't make use of the work-out room, but it looked nice.
Finally, THE AREA: The best part of the stay really was the final day when I was able to get out early in the morning and stroll about the Country Club Plaza area. The fountains are interesting, the architecture is cool, the shops and restaurants were all very charming. I loved the bistro that had a patio out over the busy street! Worth while to plan an extra day to simply explore the area, enjoy the unique fountains hidden all over and hit the shops. Just wish I had more time. I plan to take my family for a trip and even stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri on the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is a beautiful historic destination offering a prime location for shopping and dining. The Plaza has European feel featuring Spanish architecture, fountains, and meandering walkways. You will find small boutiques as well as national chains. Enjoy local Kansas attractions such as the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Crown Center, Starlight Theatre, Sprint Center, Performing Arts Center, and the Power & Light District. Our Kansas City hotel provides all of the amenities you expect while traveling including little extras such as complimentary electric vehicle charging stations. Stay connected with our free WiFi access provided throughout the hotel, including our meeting rooms. Start each day of your stay with Hampton's free hot breakfast or grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag on your way out. Get a great workout in our fitness center, and unwind in our large, heated indoor pool. Join us in the lobby of our Kansas City hotel for our complimentary Evening Reception* offered Monday through Thursday. Parking is easy with us, and complimentary, in our private garage and outdoor parking lot suitable to accommodate buses. If you need to host a business meeting or social gathering, our Kansas City hotel offers 5,000 sq. Ft. Of space in seven meeting rooms, designed to accommodate up to 250 attendees. We offer full meeting services including A/V and catering. Let our professional sales staff make your event a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn