Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #5 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay here. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with whirlpool, and the room was amazing. It was very spacious and had a kitchenette in the room. The bathroom was large also. The bed and pillows were comfy. The staff was very helpful and kind. The free hot breakfast was excellent as well... lots and lots of choices! And the free underground parking was great. The only problem was that the hotel is on the top of a large hill and can be a bit of a pain to walk to from the Plaza. Other than the hill, we enjoyed our stay very very much!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank student4ever2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Stayed here during my business trip to Kansas City. Since there was a big conference going on, it wasn't easy to find a place to stay. I liked this place because it is close to the country club plaza with nice food and bars. I stayed at a 1 king bedroom suites w sofabed so I had a small wet bar with a microwave and a refrigerator. However i was suprised to find out that there were no refrigerator in the regular guest room which my colleague stayed. The WIFI was good in the guest room and there were 2 computers at the business center. Not many one was using the business center when I was there and the free printer was really useful for a business traveller like myself.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank pooky34
des moines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

My husband and I along with our 3 small children went to KC for 3 days in August. After doing much research on hotels we decided on the Hampton Inn Country Club location. The hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood just up the hill from the Country Club strip. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were large. The pool is stainless steel and gets deep pretty fast so not great for little kids. The best part of this hotel is the FREE HOT breakfast daily. Also- the front desk staff are VERY friendly and happy. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sgobin08
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Hotel has slipped and no longer can compete w/some other hotels in the Plaza area. This, threadbare towels, no room refrigerators, staff just barely adequate and not particularly friendly with generic responses. I was totally unimpressed for the $170 /nt price this place commands. I think General Mills and other companies in the area keep the rate and occupancy loads high. I had business in Overland Park and thought this would be a better option for the proximity of the classy Country Club Plaza shopping/dining area ...but I can't justify the price to just be a few blocks walk for shopping. Next time I will check out the Q Hotel. I am a Hampton Inn veteran and this one is by far the most overpriced and over-rated of the one's I have stayed at....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank plan4life
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

My husband, myself, my 16-year old daughter and 12 year-old son stayed here over Labor Day weekend. Everything from the front desk staff, the service people...maids, workmen, etc...were all EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. We were greeted each and every time we walked by the front desk. The ladies that worked the breakfast each morning were also very thoughtful and helpful. The breakfast was good, lots to choose from (bagels, cereal, waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy...) The area was kept exceptionally clean.

Our room was very comfortable, too. We had a king-size bed and our kids slept on the pull-out couch. The king size bed MADE the stay, as far as I'm concerned. I have a terrible time sleeping, and I for once actually slept, three nights in row. This was the most COMFORTABLE BED EVER. In fact, it was so comfortable that I went down to the front desk and asked the gentleman what type it was. You can order them online -- I'm thinking maybe I'll just do that!

This hotel was within walking distance of the Plaza, some great shopping. The area it was in was a nice area, very clean. There was a pool that my son wanted to swim in, but due to our schedule, he never got the chance. It was a nice size, also the area was kept very clean.

The only complaint I would have, and it's a small one, is the toilet in the room had the scariest flush ever. A very LOUD noise.

If we ever come back to the Plaza, this is where we are headed. I am looking at no other motels. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tamarasue
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

Well-appointed, clean rooms. Great location within walking distance of everything in Country Club Plaza. If you've ever stayed at a Hampton Inn, you know what to expect.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James221
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

My daughter and I usually stay in the Courtyard by Marriott at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, but this time I thought I'd try the Hampton Inn. I have stayed at several Hampton Inns and have always had a positive experience. I booked online and requested a high floor with a view of the plaza. My request was met and check-in was a breeze. Front desk service was exceptional. The room was typical Hampton Inn with very comfy beds and pillows, but it did lack some of the amenities normally found in a Hampton Inn such as a small refrigerator and morning newspaper. The only other negative was the vent in the bathroom was pretty dirty - lots of dust - but I left a note when we left, so I'm sure it will be taken care of. This hotel does have a Snack Shop with a variety of snacks and drinks, including ice cream. The morning breakfast area is very inviting and the service and food both mornings was exceptional. The hotel is just a block or two from the Country Club Plaza, but keep in mind there is a hill to climb to walk back to the hotel. Parking is free in parking garage. I definitely recommend the Hampton Inn at the Country Club Plaza -- for price, location and service.

• Stayed August 2010