“Complaint”

Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
spaworker
“Complaint”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Hotel very nice, Casino staff has abuse of authority! I have been going to Ameristar for a long time, I don't go every week but let's say I am a good customer and I am law abiding, Drink seldom and may have a drink once a year in celebration.

Oct 1 2011 was my 50th birthday, My friends and family had a wonderful supprise dinner and my sister and girl friends after planned a night at the Casino.(Ameristar) They decorated me with a hat and beeds, you know the old lady's over the hill things a group of senior lady's having fun! Yes I did have A drink! They sold it to my friends whom bought it for me.

When my 22 year old daughter got off work she met us at the Casino, she at just getting there was told by a female security gate ID checker (she did not check the old lady's) that if she (my daughter) showed and signs of intoxication would be ask to leave, ok we did not think much about that statement might be what they tell every young person.

I love to play video poker Dueces wild and play at all machines and my freinds wanted to buy me a birthday drink, went to the bar in back thinking they might have a band and love that video poker, And 4 security guards followed us back to the bar and told us we were showing sign of intoxication and we would have to leave!

We were told we could stay at the hotel but we could not go into any resturants for food or drink we had to go to our rooms! Ok everyone was followed out by the security (they made us look like we did something wrong) I let the group go ahead of me because upon exiting gaming floor some little asian guy with suit jacket came upon us to explain the State Law in how they could profile us and that they had to make a judgement on that we were acting intoxicated! I wanted answers, I took mental notes while their 10.50 hr security guards stood with their arms folded like I was going to cause some kind of troulbe. Let me remind you I had more friends and family in the Casino from out of town that has no Idea four of our group was ask to leave because they took our Money for A drink and called us intoxicated.....:( He told me it only takes one person to make a comment that we maybe intoxicated to be ask to leave.

I find it very interesting that they have no training in profileing but I was there to have fun, which I have more fun naturally I don't even drink, and because I was looking over the hill and having fun with it makes them want us to leave, By the way the girls only had one drink also,!

So if you go to Ameristar and They come around and ask you if you want a drink DON"T DO IT!

We got a taxi which cost us more Money but it was worth it because I got to play at other Casinos which new we were not intoxicated!

If you are thinking Ameristar might be a good stock to purchase don't, They lost more money asking us to leave we could have made payroll for the hole security guard shift!

BAD INVESTMENT!!!!! Will never invest another dollar at Ameristar,

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank spaworker
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Thanks for taking the time to speak with our Director of Security. It is our policy, and the policy of the Missouri Gaming Commission, to not allow any guests who appear to be intoxicated on our casino floor. We do have to ask guests to leave if they seem to be showing signs of intoxication. I’m sorry if your experience wasn’t what you had expected of the night. It is our goal to provide all guests with an entertaining experience. I understand that our Director of Security left you with his phone number. I invite you to let us know when you plan to return; we are happy to welcome you back and do what we can to see that you enjoy your visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Raymore, Missouri
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I go to Ameristar to gamble quite often but never spent the night. The hotel and room was beautiful. More than we expected. Very clean and kept up nicely.
Will be back again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
nixa
Reviewed 29 July 2011

we booked two nights one was our free night from a coupon in the mail the other was a discounted night we thought this was great we go there offin but after the first night we went some where and while we was gone they said we checked out and didnt have the room for two nights even though we had a copy of the reservetions now they say they don't know where our belongings are now what do we do about this ???

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank groomer115
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
We apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Please know this was an isolated incident and we are glad we could resolve it to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you back at Ameristar.
wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed 1 night at the Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Mo. We were greeted in a grand fashion when checking in. The room was gorgeous. Very clean and well kept. You would not want anything else. Food at the restaurants in the casino was also very good. The only glitch in our stay was that their wifi is very weak, or at least in the room we stayed in. And the casino took my money. Other than that, go and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Centerton, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Hotel in general is clean and updated. Not conveniently located for outside hotel entertainment, great if there for Casino only. Room is average hotel room, no issues with cleanliness. However, the room had an adjoining door and it sounded like the occupants were standing in our room talking. Bed was VERY FIRM so depends on if you like that type of mattress. WiFI was easy and fast. Room has coffeemaker, fridge and safe. Hotel is attached to movie theater which was added bonus when you get tired of slots. Restaurants are expensive but expected quality for hotel food. Awesome desserts on buffet.

Room Tip: Join members club for future deals and comp points
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
celeste_burks, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 28 May 2011
Thank you for the nice compliments. I have passed along your review to our team. - Celeste Burks, Regional Public Relations Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I received a coupon in the mail for a free night stay so I decided to take advantage of the offer. My hotel room had two double sized beds and was located on the sixth floor. There was not any view from the window other than that of the wall of the casino complex. I did enjoy the 42 inch flat screen televison and the room was very quiet all night long. The bed was not very comfortable as there was a profound sagging in the middle of the mattress. There is not any swimming pool or fitness center on the premises, therefore, I would not recommend this hotel for families. Nothing to do here wxcept gambling and perfhaps a movie in the attached cinema. Beware, the slot machines here are extremely tight. . . in otherwords do not expect to come out a winner if you are so inclined to visit the casino.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones with balconies.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Ricky075
celeste_burks, Public Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Thank you for being our Guest. We appreciate the feedback. I have passed along your comments to our management team and our Director of Hotel Operations. If you would like to share more about your experience with us, you can reach me at 816-414-7576.
– Celeste Burks, Regional Public Relations Manager
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Our company actually hosted a business meeting over two days at this property. I thought the lobby, casino and restaurant area were modern looking relatively sleek for KC. Rooms were good size and everything was clean. Lots of smoke smell in and around the casino. No Excercie room or pool - they want you gambling. Cab ride to the power and light district was $30 with tip. Staff was very friendly. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#9 of 109 in Kansas City
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!