Hotel very nice, Casino staff has abuse of authority! I have been going to Ameristar for a long time, I don't go every week but let's say I am a good customer and I am law abiding, Drink seldom and may have a drink once a year in celebration.
Oct 1 2011 was my 50th birthday, My friends and family had a wonderful supprise dinner and my sister and girl friends after planned a night at the Casino.(Ameristar) They decorated me with a hat and beeds, you know the old lady's over the hill things a group of senior lady's having fun! Yes I did have A drink! They sold it to my friends whom bought it for me.
When my 22 year old daughter got off work she met us at the Casino, she at just getting there was told by a female security gate ID checker (she did not check the old lady's) that if she (my daughter) showed and signs of intoxication would be ask to leave, ok we did not think much about that statement might be what they tell every young person.
I love to play video poker Dueces wild and play at all machines and my freinds wanted to buy me a birthday drink, went to the bar in back thinking they might have a band and love that video poker, And 4 security guards followed us back to the bar and told us we were showing sign of intoxication and we would have to leave!
We were told we could stay at the hotel but we could not go into any resturants for food or drink we had to go to our rooms! Ok everyone was followed out by the security (they made us look like we did something wrong) I let the group go ahead of me because upon exiting gaming floor some little asian guy with suit jacket came upon us to explain the State Law in how they could profile us and that they had to make a judgement on that we were acting intoxicated! I wanted answers, I took mental notes while their 10.50 hr security guards stood with their arms folded like I was going to cause some kind of troulbe. Let me remind you I had more friends and family in the Casino from out of town that has no Idea four of our group was ask to leave because they took our Money for A drink and called us intoxicated.....:( He told me it only takes one person to make a comment that we maybe intoxicated to be ask to leave.
I find it very interesting that they have no training in profileing but I was there to have fun, which I have more fun naturally I don't even drink, and because I was looking over the hill and having fun with it makes them want us to leave, By the way the girls only had one drink also,!
So if you go to Ameristar and They come around and ask you if you want a drink DON"T DO IT!
We got a taxi which cost us more Money but it was worth it because I got to play at other Casinos which new we were not intoxicated!
If you are thinking Ameristar might be a good stock to purchase don't, They lost more money asking us to leave we could have made payroll for the hole security guard shift!
BAD INVESTMENT!!!!! Will never invest another dollar at Ameristar,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City is a luxury hotel with 184 guestrooms. With 3,000 slot and video poker machines and 60 table games, this Kansas City casino is one of the biggest in the country. After exciting gaming action you may choose from nine appetizing dining options at this Kansas City hotel. The restaurants in Kansas City at Ameristar range from a sports-infused brew-pub to fine dining in an Old West inspired atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Hotel Kansas City
- Ameristar Casino Kansas City Mo
- Ameristar Kansas City