Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$122
US$157
  • Breakfast included
US$295
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$177
US$145
Residence Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$125
US$361
US$321
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$185
  • Pool
US$244
Orbitz.com
All reviewsoyster barchild careking suitegreat roomself parkvalet parkingbed was comfortablechildcaredeskgamemirrorbeddingmo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We live in Des Moines and frequent both Ameristar properties, Council Bluffs and Kansas City. We usually stay the weekend at Ameristar Kansas City at least once a month. My husband and I are both Ace players and enjoy gambling as our favorite leisure activity. We were very impressed with our last trip to Ameristar Kansas City. The hotel was very clean and our room was ready early. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate in the buffet and Great Plains, both were very good. I do not like buffets in general, my husband does. However this one was not bad at all. We also ate and had drinks in the Star Club. The evening bartender was very fast, efficent, and friendly. She was also fun to talk too and made you feel very welcoming which is something a lot of the other casinos lack. We enjoy going to the Kansas City property because of the great customer service. The only complaint I have is Amerisports menu. It needs revamping and everything comes with waffle fries or bland cole slaw for some strange reason. Other than that we really enjoy our trips to Ameristar Kansas City. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angieciowa
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I don't give many hotels a 5 star rating but I believe this one deserves one of my higher ratings. The room was large and clean with modern updated furniture. It had a king size bed with a flat sreen TV. There's a separate room (yes, a room) from the tub, shower and toilet with sink which is very convient for two people to get ready at the same time. No smell of smoke in our non-smoking room which is an enormous plus. The lobby is large and very well kept, plus the lobby and rooms are separated and isolated from the casino proper. Checkin and checkout went smoothly, no problems. No free breakfast but I understand with restaurants in the casino area, which I thought were a little high priced, but that's me coming from a small town. As far as the casino, I believe the slots are based on luck, if you win they're loose. and if you lose they're tight. We didn't win but we didn't lose alot either. They have a non-smoking section upstairs for those that don't wish to breath in the smoke which I didn't find all that strong. The slots are also spread out, not jammed together so you don't get that crowded feeling. Overall I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DSchmidtNekoosa_Wi
Reviewed 2 December 2011

If you're a fan of buffets, would say without reservation that Ameristar's rivals any of those in Las Vegas in terms of food items and quality. Whenever we travel to LV, I'm the one who always says proudly "Ours at home are so much BETTER!" There are several other restaurants at the property (steakhouse, sports bar, oyster bar), and while I've never had the chance to eat at any of them (too busy at the Buffet lol), several friends have given them excellent reviews also.

We took advantage of a reduced rate room last summer to beat the heat and were given a king mini-suite - very clean, spacious and a huge flat-screen television. Accidentally ordered a Pay Per View movie from the remote, believe the charge was close to $20, so if you have children keep an eye on that remote. Again, the room was very clean, nice marble-tile bathroom and very quiet, a great spot to get away.

I doubt there is much of a view from any of the rooms, ours overlooked a field leading to the muddy Missouri river, other directions would point to the parking lots and/or the interstate. To our disappointment, there was no swimming pool, spa or even workout facilities, for non-casino entertainment there's pretty much only a movie theatre and small amusement arcade -there is some sort of faciity that watches children while they play on indoor gym equipment for a fee but am not sure of the charge (am not sure it is inexpensive).

If you're in town and have a rental car, as an adult single or couple it would definitely be worth a side trip out to visit.

Room Tip: Book a King Room to get the larger room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The hotel rooms at Ameristar are very nice. Lots of high end finishes, large flat screen tv's, upgraded linens and quite. The hotel tower is located away fromt he hustle bustle of the casino and entertainment but is accessible. There are lots of food options and of course the casino if you're interested. There is also a movie theater, arcade and food court if you have kids. The guest service is outstanding and the prices of the rooms are a good value. Ameristar is located close to Worlds of Fun but a 20 minute drive from down town KC or the Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Get a players club card (free at the Players Club counter). If you do gamble, ask to have the room comped (given to you free of charge).
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HugoHobbs
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Hotel very nice, Casino staff has abuse of authority! I have been going to Ameristar for a long time, I don't go every week but let's say I am a good customer and I am law abiding, Drink seldom and may have a drink once a year in celebration.

Oct 1 2011 was my 50th birthday, My friends and family had a wonderful supprise dinner and my sister and girl friends after planned a night at the Casino.(Ameristar) They decorated me with a hat and beeds, you know the old lady's over the hill things a group of senior lady's having fun! Yes I did have A drink! They sold it to my friends whom bought it for me.

When my 22 year old daughter got off work she met us at the Casino, she at just getting there was told by a female security gate ID checker (she did not check the old lady's) that if she (my daughter) showed and signs of intoxication would be ask to leave, ok we did not think much about that statement might be what they tell every young person.

I love to play video poker Dueces wild and play at all machines and my freinds wanted to buy me a birthday drink, went to the bar in back thinking they might have a band and love that video poker, And 4 security guards followed us back to the bar and told us we were showing sign of intoxication and we would have to leave!

We were told we could stay at the hotel but we could not go into any resturants for food or drink we had to go to our rooms! Ok everyone was followed out by the security (they made us look like we did something wrong) I let the group go ahead of me because upon exiting gaming floor some little asian guy with suit jacket came upon us to explain the State Law in how they could profile us and that they had to make a judgement on that we were acting intoxicated! I wanted answers, I took mental notes while their 10.50 hr security guards stood with their arms folded like I was going to cause some kind of troulbe. Let me remind you I had more friends and family in the Casino from out of town that has no Idea four of our group was ask to leave because they took our Money for A drink and called us intoxicated.....:( He told me it only takes one person to make a comment that we maybe intoxicated to be ask to leave.

I find it very interesting that they have no training in profileing but I was there to have fun, which I have more fun naturally I don't even drink, and because I was looking over the hill and having fun with it makes them want us to leave, By the way the girls only had one drink also,!

So if you go to Ameristar and They come around and ask you if you want a drink DON"T DO IT!

We got a taxi which cost us more Money but it was worth it because I got to play at other Casinos which new we were not intoxicated!

If you are thinking Ameristar might be a good stock to purchase don't, They lost more money asking us to leave we could have made payroll for the hole security guard shift!

BAD INVESTMENT!!!!! Will never invest another dollar at Ameristar,

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank spaworker
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thanks for taking the time to speak with our Director of Security. It is our policy, and the policy of the Missouri Gaming Commission, to not allow any guests who appear to be intoxicated on our casino floor. We do have to ask guests to leave if they seem to be showing signs of intoxication. I’m sorry if your experience wasn’t what you had expected of the night. It is our goal to provide all guests with an entertaining experience. I understand that our Director of Security left you with his phone number. I invite you to let us know when you plan to return; we are happy to welcome you back and do what we can to see that you enjoy your visit.