Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
US$150
US$106
US$89
ComfortInn
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$85
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$204
US$279
US$268
Priceline
All reviewsoyster barchild careking suitegreat roomself parkvalet parkingbed was comfortablechildcaredeskgamemirrorbeddingmo
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed in a basic King room. Updated with the flat screen TV's and comfortable Bed, they had a desk, chair and a nice setting chair as well. The bathroom was small, but clean and basic. The Casino was extremely fun to play in, you get play for your slot dollar and they have a nice poker room for my husband. We loved their walkway around the Casino that's like an indoor mall with shopping and restaurants. Ver nice and overall fun place to visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Considering the cost of our room, I was very much surprised at the cleanliness and the smell. The room smelled like wet dog, which I can only assume means that they had recently cleaned the carpets. To make matters worse, there were hairs on the sheets and in the shower. I'd say that means they need to get someone else to clean the rooms because whoever cleaned ours was apparently in too big of a hurry to do it properly.
To make matters worse, I went into the drawer of the bedside table to find a pen, the bible was covered in obscene drawings and human liquids... I'm not kidding. I ended up throwing it out using a towel and leaving a note for the staff saying why. I was appalled. I didn't want to complain again after already complaining about the sheets and the smell (which still didn't get us another room). I was surprised that I didn't get a call or an e-mail from the company after leaving the survey filled out in the room... so I'm assuming that same made must have found it and thrown it away to avoid getting in trouble?
The casino was fun, they have a decent selection of machines, but there's not a ton for a young couple to do except play the slots, cards or drink. There is a movie theater which we did not go to, and the food was decent at the buffet restaurant. The only real problem I had with this place was the room, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AuthorAmberNewberry
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

We apologize if the room was not up to expectation. We take cleanliness very seriously and we take our guests' feedback very seriously. I've forwarded this information along to our Hotel Director. I hope you give our hotel another shot so we can show you the exceptional quality that we are known for.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Spent a week there during a business trip. Great location...minutes from anywhere! Staff was very friendly and eager to get whatever I needed. The Falcon Bakery was a great place to start the day with a hot meal and the Pub & the Steakhouse was a fantastic way to wind down from a long, hard day at work. The valet guys were top notch. Will go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We live in Des Moines and frequent both Ameristar properties, Council Bluffs and Kansas City. We usually stay the weekend at Ameristar Kansas City at least once a month. My husband and I are both Ace players and enjoy gambling as our favorite leisure activity. We were very impressed with our last trip to Ameristar Kansas City. The hotel was very clean and our room was ready early. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate in the buffet and Great Plains, both were very good. I do not like buffets in general, my husband does. However this one was not bad at all. We also ate and had drinks in the Star Club. The evening bartender was very fast, efficent, and friendly. She was also fun to talk too and made you feel very welcoming which is something a lot of the other casinos lack. We enjoy going to the Kansas City property because of the great customer service. The only complaint I have is Amerisports menu. It needs revamping and everything comes with waffle fries or bland cole slaw for some strange reason. Other than that we really enjoy our trips to Ameristar Kansas City. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angieciowa
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I don't give many hotels a 5 star rating but I believe this one deserves one of my higher ratings. The room was large and clean with modern updated furniture. It had a king size bed with a flat sreen TV. There's a separate room (yes, a room) from the tub, shower and toilet with sink which is very convient for two people to get ready at the same time. No smell of smoke in our non-smoking room which is an enormous plus. The lobby is large and very well kept, plus the lobby and rooms are separated and isolated from the casino proper. Checkin and checkout went smoothly, no problems. No free breakfast but I understand with restaurants in the casino area, which I thought were a little high priced, but that's me coming from a small town. As far as the casino, I believe the slots are based on luck, if you win they're loose. and if you lose they're tight. We didn't win but we didn't lose alot either. They have a non-smoking section upstairs for those that don't wish to breath in the smoke which I didn't find all that strong. The slots are also spread out, not jammed together so you don't get that crowded feeling. Overall I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family