“Great experience”

Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Great experience”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My wife and myself travel out through KC on the way to UT one time a year and always look forward to staying at the Ameristar in KC. This is a first class hotel and casino. The rooms are great and the casino has the latest slots and games. The hotel and Casino are located in an area where it is quite and easy accessable from I-435. Already looking forward to next year. We have stayed here for the past four years.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Hey Horace, thanks for posting your review and for your loyalty over the years. I'm glad you and your wife enjoy visiting us and we look forward to seeing the two of you next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pierce, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed here when my son and I were in town for the NASCAR races. The place is beautiful! I didn't do any gambling (not my thing) but we went to a movie and spent time in the Arcade while not at the Speedway.
First night my son had Burgerking and I had Sbarro which is located in the hotel and the 2nd night we at at Arthur Byant's (also located in the hotel) GREAT BBQ! Large plates full and so very TASTY!! Had breakfast at the FALCON both mornings and the whole experience was wonderful--great waitstaff who gladly let us share an order of pancakes the second morning because they are as huge as dinner plates and 2 each was just too many for us. Fruit cup was also large and fresh!
Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had 10th floor rooms and it was super quiet. Didn't hear anything from nextdoor or in the ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us! Thanks for posting your review and for staying with us. We hope to see you again!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We have stayed at Ameristar numerous times and always enjoy their nice rooms and comfortable beds. Lately we have been staying at a competitor more often because Ameristar seems to have become...hmmm...well stingier with their comped rooms. When traveling to Kansas City about every other month we will book where we can get a comped room, and of course play there as well.

However, as of late, Ameristar casino seems to have a better payout in their casino and we love their variety and up-to-date slots. Every time we come there are new slot machines to play.

The attached arcade and movie theater are a bonus and their large buffet is always a nice treat as well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

Do not eat at DeliLux on the casino floor, everyone was beset with stomach cramps and diarreah after eating there on Tue 10/9. Service was slow and food was grossly grease infused.

As for the hotel stay, it was just average. Room was a double queen and was missing the normal complement of pillows, 2 missing per bed. Room would not cool below 70 degrees even though it was only in the mid 60s outside. Sewage smell came out of sink drain. Curtains had stains and tv made a metallic whirring sound. Phone on table didn't work, didn't even have a cord attached. Bed was comfortable though, and the room was fairly quiet. Overall probably an average or slightly below rating.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank kchotelfan
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
I'm so sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your recent experience with us. We do try our best to maintain a certain standard of quality and I’m sorry if we fell short. We appreciate your feedback and would like to follow up with you. Feel free to send your contact information and details about your experience to AtYourServiceKC@ameristar.com and we would be happy to discuss your stay.
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Let me start with the positive--
The room was Awesome! Very clean and tidy and updated. Impressed with the king bed was very comfortable. Lighting was great and lots of it, plenty of space in the room , liked the sofa so you could relax without being on the bed.

1 Thank ADW2
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thanks for sharing your review and for staying with us! We hope you can visit again soon.
kcmo
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The rooms are beautifully and always very clean. The beds are comfortable. I highly recommend it to friends and family. The restaurants have great food and the staff at both the casino and hotel are always friendly and helpful each time I visit. I have stayed in a variety of casino /hotels around the country and this is my favorite. I love the location..not far from places I like to go. "The best thing I love is the deli on the casino floor. The workers Darrell,Everette, & the african american lady that works with them at night (apologize for not remembering her name but she is extra nice & friendly ) and they all are so fast & courteous when fixing my food. Never had a complaint about my food it is always fixed with love."..the least thing I don't care for is I would like to have a room on the main floor always as the front desk (with no smoking). I can't handle getting on a elevator...and I don't smoke so I prefer this floor with a room that does not smell like smoke.Thank you.

Room Tip: Main floor as the front desk is my preference. and of course closer to the front desk is my prefere...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thanks, Darla, for staying with us and for posting your review. We really value your feedback. I'm so glad u enjoy the deli and our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Columbia
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I've stayed at Ameristar many times and have always had an exceptionally clean room and wonderful service. And they now have a refrigerator in the rooms which is very convenient. The staff is cheerful and helpful -- everyone from the valet staff to the housekeepers. I have stayed in a number of casino hotels around the country and this is my favorite. The casino itself is heaven for penny slot players -- and very pretty. The restaurants are good but several are only open on weekends.

PS -- Tip your housekeepers.

Room Tip: It's a bit of a walk to the casino so asking for a room near an elevator cuts the walk to a mini...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Thanks for visiting us! I'm glad you enjoy our rooms, staff and penny slots. We appreciate your feedback and hope you can stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
#3 of 109 in Kansas City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,113 reviews
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!