Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$122
US$157
  • Breakfast included
US$295
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$177
US$145
Residence Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$125
US$361
US$321
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$185
  • Pool
US$244
Orbitz.com
All reviewsoyster barchild careking suitegreat roomself parkvalet parkingbed was comfortablechildcaredeskgamemirrorbeddingmo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I first want to thank Kent Forte for helping me put together our company annual Casino Night Dinner and having wonderful rooms for our guest. We had 50 people in for what was a wonderful and delicious dinner!. I received so much praise about the menu and the presentation of our dinner on honoring our employees and their spouses. It was a wonderful time and we will be back next year...to do it all over again! Thank Kent for such a great night...you and your staff were so wonderful to work with! Till next year!! :)

Room Tip: All of them were wonderful...not a bad one in the bunch!! Don't forget to ask for Kent Forte!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

We're so happy to hear you and your entire group had a wonderful stay with us, Michell! We really appreciate your feedback and will certainly do our best to keep up the good work. Thank you for being our guest and we can't to have you back next year.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We enjoy this Hotel and Casino and all it offers. My only complaint is the hotel has very few rooms and on the weekends rooms can be expensive or non-existent. I wish they would add on to the hotel or someone would put something very close to the casino. I like all of the dining options they offer and the buffet is really quite good. It is not as good as Vegas but better than the run of the mill buffet. The Brewhaus Sports Bar is fantastic place to relax and have a burger or an order of wings. The casino is probably the largest in KC. I have never had a problem finding a machine to play. On weekends they offer live Entertainment. If you can get a room for a great rate, this is a great place to party with your spouse and not worry about drinking and driving.

Room Tip: Make sure to join their players club and check your email for special offers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thanks for being our guest. I am so please to hear you enjoyed the live music, all the dining options and gaming at our property. Your suggestion for room additions has been sent to the management team. Thank you again for visiting and we do appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had a reservation in September made by my host in omaha for 1 night. When I arrived they informed me, as they had just done with a previous reservation holder that they had no rooms, they had overbooked. They said they would look for another hotel and get a room for me. This was to be a relaxing get away from work, stress, ect and instead became a nightmare. After waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes and then speaking with one of their hosts, I explained that I would need a non smoking room as I had issues with asthma. The host left for 5 minutes and then amazingly came back with a room. I asked how a room suddenly opened up and she explained they would relocate another guest. It was not a great room, handicapped and bottom floor. In a nutshell I won't be staying there anymore.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ellen G
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

I'm so sorry for any inconvenience. We want you to enjoy every aspect of your stay We do our best to accommodate all of our guests' room requests, which are based on availability and not always guaranteed. We thank you for sharing your feedback and again apologize. We hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to the buffet at this casino and for the two of us it was $50. Whatever happened to buffets that were a draw to get one to play the machines. We had the BBQ (one must always try the BBQ in KC) and it was tasty but very tough. They have an array of different restaurants. We sampled the oriental and found it to be very good.

Room Tip: Try KC BBQ somewhere else when in Kansas City, not here, very poor quality
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The front desk was very friendly and inviting and checking in was smooth and quick.
The room we reserved was clean, stocked and ready when we arrived.
We lik that there is a multiple choice of resturants to eat at.
The beautiful rooms and the helpful friendly staff makes your stay even more memoriable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple