“Very impressive retro-ish place”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Boulder, Colorado
“Very impressive retro-ish place”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, and managed to get a very good sleep. The staff is very friendly, courteous, and attentive. I have had to stay at hotels in and around Kansas City, and this is one of my favorite places to get a good nights rest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 714jay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This place is a hoot! If you are looking for a clean, comfy bed, with a very attentive, friendly staff and your in the area, STAY HERE! Granted the gambling is not worth getting out of bed for, but the old school charm, decor, and overall mid-west feel is very refreshing if you are like me and hail from a more modern, busy part of the country.

If you do end up staying the diner has a good, quick, cheap breakfast that if you make nice with the manager can maybe hook you up with a discount... Good luck at those slots!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am so please to hear you enjoyed your stay! I went ahead and sent our property team your review. Thank you for being our guest and we do hope you visit us soon again.
Kansas City
Reviewed 5 May 2014

If a dark and retro hotel is your preference, then this is the place for you. Bed was not that comfy. Lighting was lacking to say the least. Room as clean but a bit worn. Front desk was friendly and helpful. I am glad our room was comped - not sure I would consider paying for a repeat visit here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank badkinz
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
This certainly is not the quality standard at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City. I apologize if we fell short during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you give us another try.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ameristar KC is a dump hole. Let me describe the actual dump hole. It stood about 6 inches above the ground. I maneuver myself in as the door pushes into the stall and nearly abuts the toilet seat. Accomplishing this, I look to hang up my coat but on the door is a colon rotated 180 degrees where the hook has been ripped off. I am at the point of no return. I stuff my jacket down my pant leg as my feet sit in a puddle of weewee. Edited for initial profanity.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank flekk17
dfw
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We've been driving for days so when we realized that Kansas City would be our next stop I started looking thru Trip Advisor for a place for the night. There I found out about the casinos.
Food, a bed & some fun all in one place was just what we needed!
Check in was easy & quick.
We had potato skins that were loaded with bacon & medium buffalo wings at the sports bar. Both were really good & the wings were meaty.
Not big gamblers...won a little, lost a little but had fun. The upstairs actually has a smoke free area - overall the smoke smell was ok. Upstairs was better.
Then we art at the steakhouse. We had the grilled oysters & they were delicious. We also had the prime rib which was pretty good considering I don't really like prime rib. Scalloped potatoes were yummy!
Only thing the room didn't get that cold - we kept it on 65 but it's because the thermostat is too close to the supply air so it shuts off before the room gets cold. (We do air conditioning & heating :)

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank lastpenny
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are definitely going to put in a service request to look at our rooms’ tempature. Thank you for your feedback and your review. We are pleased to hear you had a fun time, hope you visit us again sometime, hopefully soon :)
Kilgore, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Checked in early on Sunday the 30th of March stayed til Tuesday. Room was perfect and ready. I was a little bummed it was on the first floor because I didn't get a view but not having to wait on an elevator was a definite plus. If you are a fan of clean fancy bathrooms you need to get a mini-suite. Water pressure was amazing and there were 2 sinks! I got a smoking room but none of my friends noticed any lingering odor. Buffet AMAZING. PEARLS OYSTER BAR ALSO AMAZING. The casino floor was nice and lots of options no waits for any table games or poker. There is a movie theater on site which more than makes up for no pool or workout facilities. The entire time I stayed i didnt need to leave the property once. Debbie at the front desk was friendly and charming. She got me checked in less than 5 mins after I showed up. She also secured my next amazing stay which I honestly cant wait for!

Room Tip: The rooms come with a I-home I-pod dock/portable speakers make sure they are actually plugged in to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gutentag11
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spent a night at the Ameristar on our first visit to Kansas City. We enjoyed the hotel and the casino. The casino was clean, smoke smell was well filtered and the employees were friendly and helpful. The only thing that surprised us (which was not the fault of the hotel) was that the riverfront was not developed. I had not done my research well enough apparently as we thought there would be other things around the waterfront. Just something to note if you've never been to Kansas City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#9 of 109 in Kansas City
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!