“Good Rocking in Kansas City!”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Stayed Sat July 24 after attending the Paul McCartney concert at the Sprint Center. Nice comfortable, quiet room. Good gambling in the Casino, great eats at Arthur Bryant's BBQ. Kind of high priced, but had everything we need. Paul was GREAT! See him if you can. Desk person gave us good instructions to get to show and back. Thanks again! Stayed here b4, will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lakeviewsrm
There are newer reviews for Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City

Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband, 17 yo daughter, her friend and I stayed at Ameristar for 2 nights. Although the rooms were a little pricey (we had one suite and one standard room), the customer service was top-notch! EVERYONE from the front desk staff, bell staff, restaurants and casino staff were friendly and accomodating. We had stayed at Harrahs the night before and the customer service was like night and day. If I had anything negative to say it would be that dining options are limited from what they were 3 yrs ago and the parking garage is a little farther away than it should be. But that is getting really picky.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Traveling with a colleague who recommended this hotel-casino. It was okay, but not great. Very hard to use the valet service when arriving on Sunday evening. Switched over to the self-park, which turned out to be not too inconvenient except for the long walk.

Room was more than adequate. Had trouble getting into the first room, and went to have the key reissued. Guy who issued me the key to begin with told the woman issuing a new key that he had two other people in that room this week who had the same problem, maybe it is the lock. Um, yeah. So, new room. That was not much of a problem, but kind of annoying.

Housekeeping was very well done, and the front desk, other than the initial problem, was flawless.

This place is out in the middle of nowhere, though, and the facilities and restaurants are not good enough to be self-sufficient. An exception is the fine buffet. In our week at the hotel, we went there twice for dinner, and it was about as good as a buffet can be. The barbeque restaurant was not all that terrific, either for taste or for value. There is no real breakfast restaurant, which is a very negative point. Another, that is frankly unbelievable, is that there is no fitness center.

The casino was very boring, so we did not spend much time or money there.

Overall, we might go back because of the low priced, comfortable rooms. If you were going to go to Kansas City in the summer for some of the other activities, this would be a pretty good, safe place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Good buffet and restaurants---Esp Bryant's BBQ.
Clean, nice rooms, friendly staff (Jeff Hirst-Front Desk).
No reason to leave the property for a day or two.

Downside-Casino. Many older slots that have been pulled by Vegas years ago. Light faided 3 wheels. Fair tables.
NO WoF....what. No large progressives.........what.
No free drinks while playing.........Missouri laws are just backwards there.
If you look there are still some 9/6 JoB VP.

A very pretty property, but lacks the Vegas feel.
It's OK for a local fix in cowtown.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arm53
Reviewed 7 November 2009

I've stayed here twice, both times were perfect. So perfect that I have another reservation This month Nov. 23 to be exact. The first time we stayed here it was the last night of our honeymoon. Our honeymoon had had some down sides so far. (bad experience at another hotel, so bad we stayed at home our second night instead of staying the 2 nights as planned) So needless to say, we were excited to not be at home again. We had booked a regular deluxe room for $79 from one of my hubby's star awards coupons. Well you could imagine my surprise when were were escorted by the bell hop to THE KING SUITE!! Biggest room available. This thing just kept on going. It has a sitting area if you need to do some work, a living room with a 42in plasma, a dining room with a round wood table for 4, and dishes ect. for four. a mini bar, another place to eat with bar stools, a half bath right as you walk in, then... you have the bedroom with another 42im plasma, huge king size bed with excellent bedding, then a whirlpool tub that separates the bedroom from the bathroom, it also had a huge standing shower with the heavy glass doors, this thing was one roomy shower. it also had a vanity area with a lighted mirror for me to get my make-up on. double sinks ect. Above the bathtub was another TV, a 20 in flat screen. That's two phones in the two bathrooms, 3 TV's all together, oh yah, it also had two balconies, it was just magical perfection. Then when I went back a little over a year later for my b-day we used another coupon for a regular room and got the KING SUITE AGAIN!! I honestly have no idea what a regular room is like. We booked a regular room again, I will be happy with it if that's what we get, but for some reason I doubt that we will. I will post another review and some pics after we stay again for the third time on the 23rd.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I was on a comp trip offered by the hotel. I figured they would give me a room equal to what I was paying for. I could not have been more wrong. I was welcomed and treated as if I ws paying full price for the room. The room was exquisite. The bed was to die for. The bedding was nothing less than Egyptian cotton which let me sleep like a baby. Of course the restaurants are excellent. The bakery and pastry shop is totally yummy. Especially their almond filled croissants!!! Can hardly wait to go back. Way to go Ameristar!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Been here before, room was nice, food at Arthur Bryant's was wonderful and way too much, and the gambling was fun. At check in, the rate was much higher than quoted when we booked. Talked to the manager when we checked out(check in person said that's the way it is) and he changed our rate to a couple of $$ less than our AARP rate quote. He was very nice about it, and we were happy with our stay and rate. One thing, the dinner has closed, so during the week, there is no breakfast on site, other then pastries. By the way, Paul McCartney was FANTASTIC, well worth the 1500 mile round trip. See him if you can!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Hilton President Kansas City
#12 of 109 in Kansas City
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!