Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #60 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Shortly after we arrived, we began to smell smoke in the room. I went to the front desk to be sure it was a nonsmoking hotel. They assured me it was and immediately offered to let me change rooms. As we were gathering our things, we realized the smoke smell was coming from the adjacent room. We told the front desk and they handled it. We were pleased everything was resolved. A bit disappointed--no fridge or microwave.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank D L
Assistant GM N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
I appreciate your time taken to let us know about your stay at our hotel. In order to provide a comfortable environment for our guests, we have dedicated our team to providing a smoke free environment. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay despite this difficulty and having moved rooms. I apologize for not having a microwave and fridge available for all rooms. However, we do provide a microwave and mini-fridge in our king suites which include a king-sized bed and pullout sofa. We gladly welcome a return visit to us if you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Full time business traveler: This is the average to above average Fairfield Inn.Staff was friendly, room is clean, nothing was worn, everything worked. I have no complaints about the hotel for this class/brand of hotel. I think as a price-value stand point, this hotel is a good choice. It delivers a good night's stay for a reasonable price.
The hotel itself is situated away from downtown and across the street from what appears to be an amusement park. It has eating options close by though not necessarily great ones (that is probably a debatable point). There is a Wendy's within very short walking distance (2 minutes) and serves as a place to get something quick and cheap with no hassle. Just past that is a gas station with a sizable convenience store within it for market place purchases.
The lobby is fine and the inside in general is fine. Again I would say this hotel is a good choice for it's class and is a value in terms of dojlar for dollar delivery of a comfortable stay for the price.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank All-Fifty-2013
I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences while at our hotel. Our staff is focused on exceeding expectations at every opportunity and providing a crisp clean environment during you stay. While the immediate area may be limited in dining options, we do have the All Star Grill and Bar nearby. In addition, just six miles north of us are over 40 different dining options both familiar and area favorites. I will share your feedback with our staff. We hope to see you return.
Monroe, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

The hotel is just the other side of the Worlds Of Fun Amusement Park. The buffet breakfast has almost everything you could want- biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, two kinds of yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, etc. The staff was very friendly. The cost of the room, which i got on a web site, was very reasonable. The room was large and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side of the hotel are probably quietier as they are farther away from I-435, b...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank david K
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My career requires that I travel often, living from hotel room to another.
This Fairfield Inn Hotel is very clean and their rooms are modern (at present date).
However, what is the biggest difference between this Hotel compared to others, is the staff.
The managers are very attentive to your needs regardless of the circumstance.
For instance; I was staying there when the snow storm shutdown the entire Kansas City.
The parking lot was filled with vehicles unable to move and there were no restaurants open within walking distance. The lobby was filled with guests, whom were stressed, upset and especially hungry.
The manager observed everyone’s tension, from all the uncertainty.
Without a hesitation the manager (Angela) and staff prepared pizzas and drinks for us, which turned our frustrations to a calm environment. I would recommend this hotel to anybody/everybody visiting the Kansas City area as a must place to stay. From your special guest, Bernard F.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor preferred, easy access to go in and out
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bernard F
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the time spent with us at our hotel. Even in the most extreme cases we strive to turn a negative circumstance around. Our staff focuses on providing each guest with service tailored to their needs so that they will want to return. We hope to see you return.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had the best night in our Fairfield Inn hotel room. It was spacious and clean, well organized and quiet. We arrived late and were welcomed pleasantly (we had called ahead). The hotel offers things you might need: sundries, microwave dinner, treats, etc. The hot and cold breakfast assortment was very good, with excellent coffee.

Room Tip: We booked through bookings.com and then cofirmed directly with the hotel and later when we realized...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen P
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I recently stayed in the hotel because of an emergency weather situation. I was blown away by the customer service. The staff, and I want to mention them by name, Angela, Iris and Jess, went above and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable. Kansas City experienced a severe snow storm and my daughter and I had to pull off the highway because we could not make it to her apartment. We called to see if they had rooms available, Angela assured us that they did and held the room for us until we were able to reach the hotel. When we entered the lobby, we were greeted by Iris, who welcomed us and empathized with our travel experience. The staff had prepared pizzas and cookies . All restaurants around the hotel were closed due to the weather, so it was nice to have the option of some warm food. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The next morning, Iris greeted me by name in the breakfast room and asked me if I had rested well. At the front desk, Jess expressed her concerns and asked if there was anything they could do to help make our stay more comfortable. I have stayed at Fairfield Inns before and never received such out standing customer or such comfortable rooms. I would highly recommend this particular location to anyone visiting the Kansas City Missouri area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Valerie D
Sedalia, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our teenage daughter while attending a school function. Iris checked us in and she was very nice and friendly.
The room was very clean. We did not get a chance to check out the pool or other accomodations in the hotel.
Very easy access to interstate and other areas. Located behind a Quick Trip which makes it very easy to run over and get snacks etc.
I would recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Assistant GM N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
I wanted to take the time and acknowledge your feedback about our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while in Kansas City. I will make sure to relay your comments to our staff. We strive to provide a friendly, clean environment for all of our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you return.