“Good location to Worlds of Fun”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #61 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good location to Worlds of Fun”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here specifically to go to Worlds of Fun for 2 days in June. We did get the room we requested (high floor King, sofa sleeper). We had a view of some of the WOF rollercoasters. The room was quiet and we did not have any noise problems. I liked having the microwave and fridge in the room. The King bed was comfortable. We appreciated the free rollaway bed for my teen son.
However- the sofa sleeper for the other adult in our group was very poor and very uncomfortable.
The room divided the king bed from the sitting area with a half wall, and that really was not good for what we wanted ( wanted a more open space ), but others might like the division.
The room was very clean, and housekeeping was great. The breakfast was good---waffles, muffins, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal. We used the guest laundry to do one load of laundry ($2 to wash and $2 to dry), and the hotel provided the laundry soap. The pool was an indoor pool and looked smallish. We did not use it. The hotel overall seemed dated. The staff were all exceptional and very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelinFamily05
Assistant GM N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you very much for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and new hot breakfast. I apologize for the lack of comfort with the pullout sofa. Because of the design of the pullout sofa, I reccomend that younger adults and children sleep on those beds. As for the the king suites, all of those rooms are setup with a dividing wall between the king bed and the sitting area. I appreciate the time you took to inform us about your experience and will relay this information to our staff. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any additional questions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha NE
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I'm rather surprised that this hotel has only a AAA 2 diamond rating. The lobby, hallways and guestroom were extremely clean. The staff very attentive and friendly. The hotel sits on a short row of hotels across from Worlds of Fun. There is a Wendy's and a Waffle House next door, plus a gas station. It is a short drive to many K.C. attractions. We had an event downtown and it took us 15 mins to get to the Music Hall (on a Saturday). We saved quite a bit of money by staying at the Fairfield and didn't have to deal with expensive parking and congestion. The bed was comfortable and hot breakfast in the morning was a nice treat. Overall a good experience and I won't hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank phroggi19
Assistant GM N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay while at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our accomodations during your stay. Exceptional guest service and impeccable cleanliness are always among our top priorities. I will make sure to relay your experiences to our staff. We welcome your return when you have the opportunity to stay again.
Moutain Home
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is the first time we stayed at a Fairfield Inn. The staff was very friendly and checkin was quick & efficient. I especially like that they acknowledge you as a club member. The room was clean and larger than expected. We were in town for a concert so didn't spend much time in room but what time we did was relaxing. We stayed on the second floor in room 207. This end is further away from the interstate & was quiet. We didn't eat the complimentary breakfast so can't say anything about it. I also found it nice that the staff called our room shortly after checking in just to make sure everything was ok. The Wifi worked great. Would recommend this hotel. Was a great value for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heidi K
Assistant GM N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
I appreciate your efforts to let us know about your experiences while at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff seeks to acknowledge the loyalty of our Marriott Rewards members and consult each guest about the quality of their room. We are focused on going above and beyond at all opportunities. I will make sure to relay your remarks to our staff. I hope to see you return.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Shortly after we arrived, we began to smell smoke in the room. I went to the front desk to be sure it was a nonsmoking hotel. They assured me it was and immediately offered to let me change rooms. As we were gathering our things, we realized the smoke smell was coming from the adjacent room. We told the front desk and they handled it. We were pleased everything was resolved. A bit disappointed--no fridge or microwave.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank D L
Assistant GM N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
I appreciate your time taken to let us know about your stay at our hotel. In order to provide a comfortable environment for our guests, we have dedicated our team to providing a smoke free environment. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay despite this difficulty and having moved rooms. I apologize for not having a microwave and fridge available for all rooms. However, we do provide a microwave and mini-fridge in our king suites which include a king-sized bed and pullout sofa. We gladly welcome a return visit to us if you are in the area.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Full time business traveler: This is the average to above average Fairfield Inn.Staff was friendly, room is clean, nothing was worn, everything worked. I have no complaints about the hotel for this class/brand of hotel. I think as a price-value stand point, this hotel is a good choice. It delivers a good night's stay for a reasonable price.
The hotel itself is situated away from downtown and across the street from what appears to be an amusement park. It has eating options close by though not necessarily great ones (that is probably a debatable point). There is a Wendy's within very short walking distance (2 minutes) and serves as a place to get something quick and cheap with no hassle. Just past that is a gas station with a sizable convenience store within it for market place purchases.
The lobby is fine and the inside in general is fine. Again I would say this hotel is a good choice for it's class and is a value in terms of dojlar for dollar delivery of a comfortable stay for the price.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank All-Fifty-2013
I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences while at our hotel. Our staff is focused on exceeding expectations at every opportunity and providing a crisp clean environment during you stay. While the immediate area may be limited in dining options, we do have the All Star Grill and Bar nearby. In addition, just six miles north of us are over 40 different dining options both familiar and area favorites. I will share your feedback with our staff. We hope to see you return.
Monroe, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The hotel is just the other side of the Worlds Of Fun Amusement Park. The buffet breakfast has almost everything you could want- biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, two kinds of yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, etc. The staff was very friendly. The cost of the room, which i got on a web site, was very reasonable. The room was large and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side of the hotel are probably quietier as they are farther away from I-435, b...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank david K
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My career requires that I travel often, living from hotel room to another.
This Fairfield Inn Hotel is very clean and their rooms are modern (at present date).
However, what is the biggest difference between this Hotel compared to others, is the staff.
The managers are very attentive to your needs regardless of the circumstance.
For instance; I was staying there when the snow storm shutdown the entire Kansas City.
The parking lot was filled with vehicles unable to move and there were no restaurants open within walking distance. The lobby was filled with guests, whom were stressed, upset and especially hungry.
The manager observed everyone’s tension, from all the uncertainty.
Without a hesitation the manager (Angela) and staff prepared pizzas and drinks for us, which turned our frustrations to a calm environment. I would recommend this hotel to anybody/everybody visiting the Kansas City area as a must place to stay. From your special guest, Bernard F.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor preferred, easy access to go in and out
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bernard F
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the time spent with us at our hotel. Even in the most extreme cases we strive to turn a negative circumstance around. Our staff focuses on providing each guest with service tailored to their needs so that they will want to return. We hope to see you return.