“Don't waste your time!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Ranked #46 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 October 2011

When we checked in our room, we noticed the blanket was dirty. We called down to the front desk and was told, "No problem, just come and get another one." I'm not paying that much money to be told, "No problem". We are not from that area and was trying to find a WM or something and was given wrong directions and almost got lost. The bathtub was so stained, it looked dirty and disgusting. The breakfast was kinda ok. Had to warm up the biscuits and gravy by 6:30 am!! (breakfast started at 6).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Our sincere apologies to you for falling below your expectations and for that matter, our expectations of creating a wonderful experience for you. Please rest assured that we will follow up with our staff, including the Front Desk Agent you encountered because that is certainly not our policy. I do hope you will consider us again in the future. If you will call me directly at 816-472-8808, ext. 404 I would love to speak to you personally.

Vicki

Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel has well designed rooms with relatively new beds and furniture. It is a short cab ride (or a good walk) away from the Power and Light district or the Kansas City Convention Center. Kansas City's limited sky walk system does not extend far enough to reach to this hotel, so walking in the winter could be tricky. The service at the hotel was very good, and the internet access was better than average.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for the great update on your stay with us. I am so pleased that you found that we have nice rooms and location. Our entire hotel was remodeled in 2010 and we love the look. By the way, the skywalk would be wonderful for our guests, and who knows what may happen in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2011

The manager upgraded our stay when he found out my fiance was home on his two week leave from Afghanistan. The room was excellent! Very comfortable bed. Spacious Room. Clean. Great suggestions for dinner. All around great stay and fantastic staff!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

First of all, thank you both for serving our Country! We were more than happy to extend an upgrade to you and we are thankful to you for choosing us as part of your fiances 2 week furlough from Afghanistan. We all hope he is doing well and that your wedding date has been set!

Blessings to both of you..

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I'm a lawyer who comes to Kansas City maybe 4 times a year for a deposition or court appearance. You can't beat the location - just blocks away from the courthouse and Midwest Litigation, plus right off the interstate and easy to get back on. It's not the Ritz, but I don't need the Ritz, and for the price the value is definitely there!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor, if any are available
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know how busy you must be as a lawyer and appreciate the fact that you return to us on many occasions. Perhaps you will have some good suggestions for us to improve your stay. Perhaps something we are missing that might make your life a little easier while with us?

Have a Blessed 2012!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

My husband works at the local newspaper and he got tickets for the KC Royals, since we are under a budget we decided to go for the weekend and stay at a nice hotel but not so expensive, this is the right hotel if u want to do that!! we had a great time, the room was very cool and clean, bathroom was as clean as my own bathroom, this is a plus!! Service was very good, but breakfast was better!! the only bad thing was the area where it is located is not so nice (4 stars bc of this), it's not bad but it's kind of a rough neighborhood, but since you're not gonna be outside in the street sleeping, then it's fine!! otherwise it is the perfect hotel for a quick trip. Very nice and clean. We ordered pizza from a local restaurant (suggested by the front desk guy, lol) for supper and it was delivered to our room in like 25 min!! that was awesome!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brlugo
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stay at this hotel quite often since my job brings me to Kansas City on a regular basis. It has a very convenient location to my job sites. However, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. Every staff member I have had contact with have been friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The front desk staff is awesome. They are extremely responsive to any issue, and are always very pleasant. Several of them know me by name! : )

The rooms are always clean and comfortable. They all have microwaves, refrigerators, iron/ironing board and hairdryers. The rooms are reasonably quiet, except for the occasional highway noise.

This is a really nice and affordable hotel. However, I would suggest to the owners to pay a bit more attention to some of the small details. There are some areas that are showing some wear in the hotel. I think you need to do a bit more pro-active maintenance on your property.

Overall, I will recommend this hotel to friends and co-workers. It is adjacent to the major interstates in Kansas City, and just north of the downtown area, the Power and Light District, Westport and the Plaza. Besides the location, the staff makes this hotel a place I will continue to stay at when I am in Kansas City.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here the day before and the day after returning from vacation. The staff was nice and let me park my car in the hotel parking lot while we were away. The building is in very nice shape and both rooms we stayed in were very clean. The rooms have LCD televisions, a microwave, and a mini-fridge all standard.

The price was very reasonable considering you are less then a mile from the Amtrack station. It was about an $8 cab ride for the two of us. The free breakfast includes waffles, eggs, and biscuits and gravy. The breakfast was actually better then the $165 a night hotel's breakfast we stayed at in Chicago!

This will now be my default hotel of choice when traveling by train out of KC.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flying_is_evil
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your opinions of our hotel!!!!!

We appreciate the fact that you were impressed by the hotel, staff and breakfast and the fact that our breakfast was better than the $165 a night hotel's breakfast in Chicago.

If you see anything we can improve on or implement in our hotel we would appreciate your feedback.

Hope to see you soon!