Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
US$186
  • Restaurant
US$185
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$114
US$244
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewssecurity guardroom was cleansprint centerfridge and microwavepower and light districtindoor poolyogurtfree breakfastexercise roomdesk staffhot breakfastthe breakfast areaunion stationmelodykcinterstaterates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

We were so pleased at check-in. Our 3 children and my in-laws were traveling with us for a day trip with an overnight stay in Kansas City MO. When told we hoped to be placed near each other so the kids could be near Grandpa & Grandma, they were able to provide adjoining rooms and our kiddos had a blast going back and forth. The room was very clean and comfortable, shower was super hot. The location was awesome for what our plans were. Thanks Comfort Inn for a very pleasant stay over such a busy holiday weekend! :)

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is a nice hotel. Not overly fancy, but certainly clean and everything I expected.

Room Tip: The immediate neighborhood surrounding the hotel doesn't look overly nice, but I didn't feel uncomfortable staying here at all.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I had made a reservation for three nights at the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown KC MO. After my first night, which was very pleasant, I went off to work on the equipment at the Auditorium that brought me to town. While there, I got a call from my 94 year old mother's Care Button folks, telling me that she'd fallen and was being transported to the hospital, in Council Bluffs, IA, 3 hours away. I first called my wife, to see what she could do to help, then called the motel to tell them what had happened and that I was leaving today (Tuesday) instead of Thursday. Andrew answered the phone, and was really helpful. I got the work I needed to do done, and went back to the motel, where a bill for one night's lodging awaited me. Andrew could have reasonably charged me for another, but was kind enough to take the circumstances into account and forgive the penalties. I've stayed there before, and will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CBjack
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Great location, very clean rooms, and one of the best breakfast attendants I've ever met. I met a buddy in KC for the Warrior Dash on May 5th. We were in bed by 10:30pm the night after the race, which happened to be Cinco de Mayo as well. At 2:00am, we heard repeated attempts of a key trying to get access to our room. We assumed it was a drunk woman that just had the wrong room. Well, after about six attempts, she was successful! Our door opened and thankfully the metal stopper/latch kept her from getting in. When he jumped up and approached the door, she smarted off, and a group of six drunk lasses moved on. When I mentioned the incident to the front desk clerk the next morning, she said "sorry" while barely looking up from whatever she was working on. Good thing that latch kept them from getting in. And good thing it wasn't six drunk men that got access to two 24-year-old women's room. Or good thing it wasn't a destitute, desperate criminal getting access to an affluent little old woman's room. My buddy and I laughed it off, but if they tables were turned, I'm sure Comfort Inn Downtown would be party to a giant lawsuit. The clerk's lack of concern was surprising and disappointing.

Room Tip: Get one with a door latch. And use it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very acommodating. My grandaughter enjoyed the indoor pool. It was less than a mile away from the Kansas City Convention Center where we were attending a dance competition, so the location was very convenient for that. If there is any drawback it would be a lack of surrounding eating places, but you can get back on the interstate easily, go a couple miles and exit to restaurants and fast food places. This is not a "luxury hotel" but is perfect for our needs: it is modern and clean, has a pool, small gym, in-room coffee pot, hair dryer, microwave and frig. I called the front desk the day I returned home and asked if the maid had found my i-phone charger. She had found it and turned it in. The yound man at the front desk mailed it to me and 2 days later I received it. I appreciate the excellent service provided by both employees. I will continue to stay there when visiting Kansas City, MO.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family