Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewssecurity guardroom was cleansprint centerfridge and microwavepower and light districtindoor poolyogurtfree breakfastexercise roomdesk staffhot breakfastthe breakfast areaunion stationmelodykcinterstaterates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2012

so heres my thing, going and staying at a hotel doesnt take that much time to really relize that you are not at home, I have stayed and Comfort inn downtown kc alot and never had an issue with the staff or the rooms yet I read that no matter how unhappy you are with your hotel you stay , to what complain about it on trip advisor??? really They work hard, I have seen Angel, Heather, Sheri (new gal), Nate, and Matt bend over backwards for some guest and yet still not happy. wow what the hell is this world comming to. Unacceptable behavior people.

Room Tip: if you want quiet dont come on a busy weekend, and pay a little extra for a suite then you will have room. so the noise is not to much. parking is limited so they have overflow if you get here dont leave if busy weekend.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear HMH,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. We do pride ourselves on having an exceptional staff and property and we appreciate you taking the time to comment on us!

Your tip about what to do for a quieter room was great! Our Business Suites are located in the quietest area of the hotel.

Thanks again-

Vicki

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I went to a concert at the sprint center last year and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the bed was super comfy. Overall had a good stay and that is why we are returning guests here in a few weeks for the George Lopez show :)

• Stayed: November 2011
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Spotniq,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful feedback, we strive to make our hotel as comfortable and fun as possible. I would like to say thanks for coming back to us we look forward to all our repeat guest and love to welcome you home every time.

see you soon

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Two nights in KC and the hotel was within walking distance of the Power & Light District. Beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. Did get awakened by emergency vehicles passing by both nights. Easy access to many downtown activities. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear KsAdv,
I would like to thank you for your feedback we appreciate it we strive to make those who stay with us happy. I am sorry that you were awaken by the sounds of sirens but that again is out of our control and with being so close to the highway and a police sub station it is something that we have to deal with time to time. I would like to say the next time you do come and stay with us ask for a quiet side room and top floor and we will try to accommodate you so you have a quieter night.

thank you again and just a little reminder we offer free parking, breakfast, and wi-fi as well we are remolding and should be done around February.
Thanks

Reviewed 18 September 2012

As you drive down 6th street and approach the hotel, you would be forgiven if you questioned your decision to book this hotel. There is a white, metal fence surrounding the property - bent, rusty, and in disrepair in places. The grass at its base is not trimmed or cared for, but rather looks more like overgrown weeds. The hotel sits on a corner behind a parking garage. Its parking lot wide and expansive - with virtually no landscaping or any effort made to make the property look welcoming from outside. The lobby is austere, although it looks like they have added some leather sofas to give it a slightly more upscale appearance.

I was checked in by Lily, who seemed completely disinterested in welcoming guests to the hotel. My company had called on my behalf and asked if I could check in early. They were advised that we would be able to check in at 11. When we arrived at a little after 11, Lily acknowleged that we were allowed to check in early, but still proceeded to lecture us on WHY their standard check in was later in the afternoon.

My room is a suite which consists of a sleeping area partially separated from a living area. The living area features a sofa, table, and an LCD television. There is also a microwave and refrigerator. The sleeping area consists of a bed, LCD television, chair, and a newer desk and chair. The desk has one power outlet on the light fixture, but you will have to crawl on the floor to find other power outlets. Same with bedside tables. You will need to unplug a lamp and move furniture if you want to plug a charger in at your bedside. The bedding looked newer and clean. The mattress however was a little bit odd. It felt as though it had hard sides, and a soft middle -- kind of like sleeping in a soap dish. Made it strangely challenging to get into and out of bed comfortably. Once in bed, the mattress was firm. Under the comforter was that standard brown scratchy looking hotel blanket. There were 5 or 6 pillows on the bed as well.

The bathroom was split with a sink in the living area and toilet and shower in a very small bath area. The shower had one of those arc shower rods and a nice showerhead with good pressure. Tub drained well during shower. The only flaw I saw here was that while adjusting the shower-head it pulled away from the wall. Not secured very well.

I could hear highway noise in the room, but with the air-conditioning fan on it was not so bad that I couldn't sleep. Only a few horns / sirens during the night woke me. The door to the room, on the other hand, must be made of cardboard. You can hear every little sound in the hallway. People talking, doors slamming, you name it. They could improve the sound-deadening in this building by a wide margin by replacing those cheap doors. Which brings me to soda / ice machines -- which are right out in the open in the hallway. So if you are in rooms 311 to 314 I would not be surprised to be awoken by other guests getting a soft drink or filling the ice bucket.

The biggest problem I can see with this hotel is that it isn't welcoming. It is rather cold and sterile. If I had to narrow it down to one thing, I would blame that on their choice in lighting. They are using CFL bulbs virtually everywhere in the hotel. From the front desk, to the hallways, to the breakfast area. It casts a very artificial looking light -- almost makes it seem like a hospital waiting room. I get why a company would want to use bulbs like that, to save money and change them less often, but I think a warmer light would go a long way to making the place seem more like home, especially at the front desk, the breakfast room, and the hallways. Lighting in the room seems satisfactory (probably because lampshades diffuse some of the light).

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Mike W.

I would first like to Thank You for you feedback, this feedback lets us develop and learn in our business weather good or bad we still enjoy to hear the feedback so we can always have room for improvement. I would first really like to give you an apology for the way you were treated by our front desk staff Lilly is no longer with the company.
We are a 30 yr old hotel and when we purchased the hotel we have remolded every two years since the purchase and we are again in the process of a remolded so we are getting new bedding , curtains,beds and some furniture as well we are redoing some bathrooms so all your issues that you have brought to our attention are being addressed, the noise!? we are trying its hard when rooms seem to be louder than others. I extend an invitation to you so when you return back to us to ask for a quiet side room on the third floor this way you will be able to sleep comfortably.
Again I would like to apologize for any inconnvenice that we may have caused you and would like to thank you for your feedback again.

hh

Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night when passing through. Pretty basic average hotel. The rooms were clean, but nothing extra. You could hear the interstate from inside our room with the air conditioner running. We also had no hot water. Made for a really quick shower.

• Stayed: September 2012
VWhitford, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear PShivers,
I would like to say first Thank You for your feedback regarding our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed the clean room.
We here at the hotel pride ourselves with our clean rooms, and would like to apologize for the lack of hot water that morning seems our hot water system went out and we did not become aware of this problem until the morning, we have since fixed the problem and really hope that you will come stay with us again and let us give you a quiet room so you do not have to hear the interstate that is behind the hotel, as well that we do have more to us.
Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you soon, we are doing a remodel and we are planning on being done around February if not sooner so we look forward to seeing you again.
Management