“Nice Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, Illinois
“Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here 11/14/12 while in town to attend the Aerosmith concert!! We were greeted by a very friendly front desk worker, sorry, I don't remember her name. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was nice and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was good with a lot of different choices. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
I first off would like to apologize that it has taken me so long to respond to your feedback, I would like to thank you for this. I have not been able to find out who was working the day you stayed so I have said Thank You on your behalf to all the front desk staff. They don't get told enough on how good they do.

I hope to see you again and once again were renovating and hope to be done soon, when you come maybe we can show you around and you can see the two gyms, the heated indoor pool, new furnishings and as well parking is always free along with WiFi and breakfast that is now a rotating schedule.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you

Front Desk PM Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is a great hotel for budget-conscious travellers. We stayed here for 5 nights while in town for a Chiefs game.

The room was comfortable and clean, with a nice flat-screen LG TV. The staff were all polite and helpful. The breakfast was well-stocked and had typical continential items as well as hot items (biscuits & gravy or sausage & egg). Coffee was available in the lobby 24 hours (regular & decaff). There was an internet terminal in the lobby, and the rooms had wi-fi. Free copies of USA Today were available in the lobby. There is a fair-sized parking lot for which there was no additional charge, and we did not have any problem parking during our stay.

The hotel is about a 20-minute walk to the Power & Light entertainment district, and we felt it was safe (although I am a Londoner who is comfortable walking around at night). However, there is not much around the property. There is a small gas station a short walk away, although some might not feel comfortable walking there in the dark.

I would happily stay here again if I returned to the city.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Comfort Inn and Suites downtown KC, we use your feedback good or bad as training tools for staff including housekeeping. I know that they are pleased that you were pleased as well.

We have tried to keep our prices competitive with others and still remain and good low price for the quality of what you receive. I hope that we will see you again in the near future, and just a little side note we are in the process of renovations so on your next stay you should see new improvements to the property such as two gyms, of course the indoor heated pool, a rotating breakfast, and new furnishings.

Atlanta
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed one night for business. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Downtown location was convienient. Room was very clean, price was right. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars is I believe 5 starts should be used for really above and beyond service and accomodations. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
First I would like to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a response to your stay with us here and Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC. I to agree that 5 stars should be for your better than expected kind of service. I am truly sorry that you didn't get that kind of service and every day myself and staff try to do better and better. On your next visit I hope that we can give you the over the top service that you deserve.

I have passed on your response in regards to housekeeping, they are pleased that you enjoyed there hard work and that you appreciated the clean comfortable rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again

Nixa, MO
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed here while attending a concert at the Sprint Center. Very close to all downtown without the expensive price tag of a downtown hotel. Hotel was clean, breakfast was good and staff very friendly. Highly recommend this hotel if you are going to stay in downtown Kansas City!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Here at Comfort Inn Downtown KC would like to thank you for your response on your stay at out location. We are glad when we receive positive feed back in regards to your stay and how you enjoyed it here. I know for a fact that housekeeping and staff at front desk try to make it very much like home.

We look forward to seeing you again and hope we can go above and beyond the last stay.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

It was a good stay. Clean and comfortable. I liked the exercise room & pool. Staff is accommodating. Planning to stay again. Breakfast was good. Easy to find. Will
reccomebd to friends & family.Close to Anthony's--an awsome Italian restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012
We here at Comfort Inn and Suites would like to thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us back in November. I am sorry it had taken me so long to respond in regards to your stay. We are excited that you enjoyed it here and hope to see you again soon. I have let the staff know that they did an amazing job in helping you enjoy your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The accommodations were fine and location GREAT for walking to Sprint Center for Madonna concert. However, when I first approached the desk to check in the clerks ignored me for several minutes while they continued their conversation. I actually walked a short distance away and they still didn't offer a greeting. Amazing! First thing I saw entering my room was a rag the maids had left behind on the bathroom sink. Another issue was cleaning crew chatting loudly and long right outside our door at 9 a.m. the next morning. I later realized we were across from a supply room but still no excuse for not observing reasonable quiet. Then when I thought all employees at this establishment weren't worthy, we had breakfast. The attendant was the friendliest, most competent individual I'd ever encountered at a hotel buffet. She gets an A+.

Room Tip: Thin walls allow noise from within and without. Backside room might be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Dear April L,

Thank you so much for your feedback on the service you received, I first would like to say thank you for the compliments about the location and the quality of the rooms. I am sorry that the front desk clerks did not acknowledge you when you arrived, I will go over this with my staff and use this as a training tool to make sure that every guest is greeted and made to feel like your at home.

I do hope that you enjoyed the concert, I would have love to go to see Madonna as well. I know that Nettie our breakfast attendant will be thrilled that you enjoyed her company and I will personally let her know.

I do hope to see you again and let us do better for you.
FDM
Lenexa, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2012

so heres my thing, going and staying at a hotel doesnt take that much time to really relize that you are not at home, I have stayed and Comfort inn downtown kc alot and never had an issue with the staff or the rooms yet I read that no matter how unhappy you are with your hotel you stay , to what complain about it on trip advisor??? really They work hard, I have seen Angel, Heather, Sheri (new gal), Nate, and Matt bend over backwards for some guest and yet still not happy. wow what the hell is this world comming to. Unacceptable behavior people.

Room Tip: if you want quiet dont come on a busy weekend, and pay a little extra for a suite then you will have...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear HMH,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. We do pride ourselves on having an exceptional staff and property and we appreciate you taking the time to comment on us!

Your tip about what to do for a quieter room was great! Our Business Suites are located in the quietest area of the hotel.

Thanks again-