“no complaints”

Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I read the other reviews after I booked this hotel, and I thought oh no. We came for the Bruce Springsteen concert, and we were worried about the noise level other reviewers were complaining about. We asked for a room away from the road, and were given one. We didn't hear any road noise. The workers were all very nice and professional, and kept everything under control. They called a cab for us. No late night noise. Great breakfast. What more could you ask for in a medium priced hotel. Not the Ritz, but I didn't pay for the Ritz. Very close to everything.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your feedback, here at Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC we strive to make sure that our guest are comfortable and feel at home. I understand that some of the reviews state they have had problems with noise! We try to make sure that our noise levels are kept to a minimum. We are located in close proximity to the power and light district so we do on occasion get busy with concerts and shows going on downtown.

We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you enjoy your stay with us even more.

Thank you again the staff will love to hear that they did a great job!!!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown

Reviewed 17 December 2012

My Husband and I stayed here Friday through Sunday. The overall stay was fine. The room was descent. We received complimentary breakfast each morning. It wasn't all great, but there were plenty of options to have a decent morning meal.
A week before our stay, my Husband called the Hotel and asked how we could get a late checkout. The person he spoke with said we can sign up for the Choice Rewards and receive a 1pm check out. Normal check out is 11am. He signed us up over the phone and said he would make a note on our account for when we check in.
We check in Friday and are told check out is 11. We explain talking to someone about it being 1pm. We were told she will take care of it as long as we are out by 1pm. Sunday I receive a call in our room at 11am asking if we plan on check out. I once again explain talking to two people now and she says there is no record of this. She offers no explanation. No help to solve the issue. She expected us out since staff did not take care of our time change. She said she had to call the manager. I never heard back about that. We ended up leaving at noon because I was annoyed. Upon checking out, they once again offered no help or problem solving. The staff didn't do what they were suppose to so we had to argue about it. I asked if their staff mistakes were their guests' issues and was told Yes! So, their guest suffer b/c of their ignorant staff.
Don't ever try to check out late!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

JMD,

I am terrible sorry that you did not receive the best customer service that you should have, yes we did not deliver on our end and I am truly sorry about that. I have and will go over this concern again with my staff on making sure all accounts are notated and that you will in the future receive the late check out that you deserve.

Our breakfast is standard of Choice properties and we try our up-most best to keep it interesting. We are trying new items such as blueberry waffles and bananas as well rotating our biscuits and gravy with eggs and sausage.

We look forward to seeing you again, and hope that we can give you the best service you deserve. Just a little reminder that we are in the process of a remodle and we hope to be done completely by Febuary so we are still offering Free parking, Free internet, Free breakfast, and a Indoor Heated Pool that is open year round. We now have two gyms and fresh linens

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed there one night and had a very nice experience. Excellent service. Courteous and helpful staff. Room was nice, clean, and I feel I got a better place than I anticipated. I had stayed at other Comfort Inns in other towns and and they were not as good as this one. I just needed a decent place to stay in a good location, as I was only in town for one night. I recommend it. Great bang for the buck!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Scrumdog,

With the standard of Comfort Inn Downtown KC we try to keep up with making the hotel feel like your home away from home with some restriction, I am glad that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you would love to come back and stay. We try to keep our prices low while we offer you free amenities, such as parking, WI-FI, extended cable channels, and also indoor heated pool and soon two gyms. We are in the process of finishing up another renovation and will have new bedding, curtains and linen. I would like to thank you again and look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Being a Comfort Inn, this is one of the cheaper hotels in downtown Kansas City. It's certainly not fancy, but is a good deal for the savings. Some of my friends mentioned that it's not in a good area, but I never felt unsafe while I was there. The main door locks after a certain time, and you can get in by calling the front desk or using a room key. Free breakfast was standard

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Ashley C.
We here at Comfort Inn Downtown KC try to make sure each and every guest feels comfortable and safe as possible, I understand that you felt that way and it makes us proud that we have done a good job. We are trying to improve every day and your feedback in regards to the hotel is very helpful and we use this as a training tool to become better and better. Were currently trying new breakfast items like blueberry flavor for your waffles and switching biscuits and gravy to every other day with eggs and sausage on the other.

I have spoken with my staff and we are doing some new things to try so hopefully when we see you again were not just standard to you.

Thank you for your stay and look forward to serving you again

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here 11/14/12 while in town to attend the Aerosmith concert!! We were greeted by a very friendly front desk worker, sorry, I don't remember her name. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was nice and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was good with a lot of different choices. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

I first off would like to apologize that it has taken me so long to respond to your feedback, I would like to thank you for this. I have not been able to find out who was working the day you stayed so I have said Thank You on your behalf to all the front desk staff. They don't get told enough on how good they do.

I hope to see you again and once again were renovating and hope to be done soon, when you come maybe we can show you around and you can see the two gyms, the heated indoor pool, new furnishings and as well parking is always free along with WiFi and breakfast that is now a rotating schedule.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you

Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is a great hotel for budget-conscious travellers. We stayed here for 5 nights while in town for a Chiefs game.

The room was comfortable and clean, with a nice flat-screen LG TV. The staff were all polite and helpful. The breakfast was well-stocked and had typical continential items as well as hot items (biscuits & gravy or sausage & egg). Coffee was available in the lobby 24 hours (regular & decaff). There was an internet terminal in the lobby, and the rooms had wi-fi. Free copies of USA Today were available in the lobby. There is a fair-sized parking lot for which there was no additional charge, and we did not have any problem parking during our stay.

The hotel is about a 20-minute walk to the Power & Light entertainment district, and we felt it was safe (although I am a Londoner who is comfortable walking around at night). However, there is not much around the property. There is a small gas station a short walk away, although some might not feel comfortable walking there in the dark.

I would happily stay here again if I returned to the city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Comfort Inn and Suites downtown KC, we use your feedback good or bad as training tools for staff including housekeeping. I know that they are pleased that you were pleased as well.

We have tried to keep our prices competitive with others and still remain and good low price for the quality of what you receive. I hope that we will see you again in the near future, and just a little side note we are in the process of renovations so on your next stay you should see new improvements to the property such as two gyms, of course the indoor heated pool, a rotating breakfast, and new furnishings.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed one night for business. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Downtown location was convienient. Room was very clean, price was right. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars is I believe 5 starts should be used for really above and beyond service and accomodations. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

First I would like to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a response to your stay with us here and Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC. I to agree that 5 stars should be for your better than expected kind of service. I am truly sorry that you didn't get that kind of service and every day myself and staff try to do better and better. On your next visit I hope that we can give you the over the top service that you deserve.

I have passed on your response in regards to housekeeping, they are pleased that you enjoyed there hard work and that you appreciated the clean comfortable rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again