Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Ranked #80 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Wellington, Kansas
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was a half of the price of others. It was newly remodeled and clean.The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was ready at 4:30a.m.!!
Yes, the rooms were small, hence the name:Micro-hotel. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel by the Kansas City airport since we were arriving in the evening for one night before we drove the 4 hours to Springfield for a funeral. This was very inexpensive and believe me, you get what you pay for. The rooms are in great need of renovation! They advertise "luxury bedding". Our sheets were tattered, the bed was soft and lumpy, the towels had holes and were scratchy. There was no coffee pot in the room. There were cracks in the ceiling and other places. The only thing good was the large flat screen TV. The breakfast that is included should be skipped. Very, very small area and not much choice of anything that you'd want to eat. The handle of the toaster fell off when the toast popped up. The handle of the water dispenser fell into my cup. There was powdered creamer - not even those little half n half containers. Coffee was bad. The power went off for 10 minutes while we were trying to check out and we had to wait for the machines to reset. The lady at the reception desk had on a dirty shirt. We have stayed at other Microtel Inns that were nice. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I certainly would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank PoolerGeorgia
Oak Lake
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Was a good location (once we found it), staff were ok, rooms are TINY!!! Barely enough room to change your mind... Wish I could say something more positive, but there really isn't much else to say! Hard to locate if you are not familiar with the area and/or miss the small sign on the interstate!

Room Tip: Tiniest room I have ever stayed in!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manitoba
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel was fine, the rooms were too small even for two people. The room was clean and quiet. For 1 night stay it was ok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaniMac
Missouri
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I had an early flight so decided to stay at a hotel that offered park-and-fly. I had stayed at this Microtel some years ago and found the room unsatisfactory. But after finding that other budget hotels near the airport were booked or too expensive for just a place to sleep, I decided to try the Microtel again.

This time I was pleasantly surprised. My friend and I both got suites instead of rooms, although I simply asked for the lowest-priced room when I called for the reservation. Of course, I didn't need a suite for an 8-hour stay!

Everything was clean and comfortable. Really nothing at all to complain about. Breakfast was continental and the healthy choices were yogurt, bananas, and Cheerios. Donuts and pastries were also available.

The shuttle service is free and efficient. Because the hotel is so close to the airport, we took the 5 AM shuttle for a 6 AM flight and had plenty of time to check in and get through security. When we returned at midnight, we simply called for pickup and the driver was there in less than 10 minutes.

Definitely recommended for those with early flights, and in fact I'd be happy to stay there for longer if I had business in the area. 5 stars for quality at a low price!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if I was upgraded, but I had a suite instead of a room for the same low price.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2012

It's called Microtel for a reason. Not the Megatel, but Microtel, because the rooms are *tiny*. This is fine for the overnight traveler, as you get most of the modern conveniences for a good price. (The mirrors serving as a headboard not only give the illusion of more space, but they also add to the ghetto realness feel of the hotel.)

There's a flat-screen TV, free wifi, and good water pressure for a shower.

The service here is really friendly; they have shuttles to the airport 24/7.

However, this is clearly not a Four Seasons. The shower curtain in my room had no liner, and it didn't fit the shower. The property installed a curved shower rod, but the curtain was too small, so not only did it not reach from edge to edge, but it barely even hit the lip of the tub. So here was water everywhere during the shower.

The "free breakfast" is some cereal, some apples and bananas, and a few bagels. Nothing hot, and not much else in the way of food. You will eat your empty carbs, and you'll love it!

Again, I'd still consider this for a quick overnight if I was stuck by the hotel... but this is definitely not a destination. (One perk: Microtels are part of the Wyndham Rewards program, so there's that.)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A very low-end threadbare borderline filthy property. Everything about the hotel screamed "fleabag". As noted, the rooms are stacked in tightly, and walls do not insulate noise at all. We had the pleasure of listening to the TV, conversations and any other noise produced in middle of night from adjacent room.

The only benefit of this properly is that it is almost literally next door to Kansas City International Airport.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family