I have not stayed in a Microtel in a long time, and after this it will be much longer. I booked this hotel after reading other's reviews, and it was very reasonable for one night. I am not sure how others felt that this was a great bargain, unless my room was an exception.
On arrival, the exterior of the hotel looked to be well kept, but on entry into the lobby, I saw that the furnishings looked very dated, faded, and stained.
When I went to my room on the second floor, I was underwhelmed to say the least. I found that the bathroom floor long overdue for a scrubbing, the tub had a solid line of mildew/mold around the joint where the walls met the tub. The toilet seat surface was very cracked and it was attached with some upside down toilet base bolts. The room carpet was extremely soiled, and there appeared to be a solid line of bootprints around the walls about 2-3 feet up (same as at the elevator room). This room had had many makeshift repairs over the years and numerous paint jobs, sans any masking tape, as well as peeling now.
The bed linen appeared to be clean and the bed was comfortable, but with the rest of the room, it left one with some concerns about that.
The breakfast was minimal at best, with a partial jug of milk in the cooler for cereal, and some of the rolls seemed to be re-runs as they were stale.
The staff was very friendly and the driver that I had, helpful with my luggage.
Overall, this budget accomadation fails to meet many standards of anyone's expectations. I believe whomever is the owner of this hotel is doing the very minimum on upkeep, cleaning, and repairs, and it shows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is recently renovated. We are only 2 miles away from MCI airport. We have 24 hours shuttle service to airport. Free breakfast, free phone calls, free Wi-Fi in rooms and business center in lobby. Our bedding meet any five star hotels bedding standards. We offer complimentary water bottle and cookies. Restaurants and shopping centers are within a 5 miles radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
- Microtel Inn And Suites Kansas City
- Microtel Hotel Kansas City
- Microtel Kansas City
- Kansas City Microtel