“Poor service Poor stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

To start the room has two holes in the walls. The linen were worn out. I ask for extra towels since they did not clean the room, and they gave us a hard time. The help was not helpful when needing extra linen for my son. I will not stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Carson City, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place was horrible, do not be fooled by fake reviews. The moment we walked in and noticed the stained couches and dirty floors we were worried. The unorganized desk and smells only added to our worries. When we got to our floor the smell of burnt toast was almost as bad as the smell of body odor when we opened the door to our room. In the room both the sink and shower were leaking and the seat on the toilet was so stained we were afraid to go in. When we complained we were shown a second room which was as bad as the first. Then when we tried to get a refund the trouble really started. The manager refused to come out of the back and talk to us and when she did, she screamed at us, told us nothing was wrong with the rooms and refused to refund our money. Only as the lobby started to fill did she offer to do anything still yelling at us she told us to leave. We will take this to the corporate level. Do yourself a favor and find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg I
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've stayed at Microtels in the past and always been pleasantly surprised by the value. This hotel looks decent from the outside, but inside it is fairly dirty and worn down. It wasn't nearly as updated as other Microtels I've been to. Our room looked like it hadn't been updated since the 90s and had faded pink furniture. The bedding was fresh and clean though, and the staff was friendly enough. So, don't expect anything fancy by any means.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights til I could get into an extended stay hotel in the area.

Booked the room through Priceline, and other than it being farther from work than I was hoping, it was easy to get to, close to the airport and very comfy.

The only gripe I have was one of the beds in my room was way softer than I was expecting and sagged to one side a bit.

The staff was very courteous and helpful with my questions and even asked if I needed advice on where to eat as they noticed on my drivers license I was from out of town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#65 of 109 in Kansas City
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Address: 11831 NW Plaza Cir, near Kansas City International Airport, Kansas City, MO 64153-1115
Region: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport 2*
Our property is recently renovated. We are only 2 miles away from MCI airport. We have 24 hours shuttle service to airport. Free breakfast, free phone calls, free Wi-Fi in rooms and business center in lobby. Our bedding meet any five star hotels bedding standards. We offer complimentary water bottle and cookies. Restaurants and shopping centers are within a 5 miles radius. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Kansas City Hotel Kansas City