“The Nutcraker Ballet”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Nutcraker Ballet”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went to a Saturday matinee. Wonderful as always! Bought tickets online, easy process. Also bought at the same time a parking pass for the underground garage, cost is only $7 and it is well worth it! Bought the less expensive tickets which put us pretty far from the stage but the music was great and we could see just fine. Wonderful experience!

Visited December 2013

Conway
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Wonderful symphony hall!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I are professional musicians and have been to many halls around the world to perform and to attend concerts. This one may be our favorite and we have traveled to KC on numerous occasions to attend an orchestra concert. It is a gorgeous facility and there are no bad seats in the hall. You can tell that there was great attention to detail in the planning and building of this facility. If the weather is bad, we will park in the garage. If it is a nice night to walk, there is plenty of free street parking around the neighborhood.

Visited June 2014
Columbia, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing architecture”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were only in the lobby, but it is amazing. A volunteer spent about 30 min. telling us about the place. (But I can't guarantee you will be as luck.) And, unlike 99.999 of facilities of this type, you can park right in front of the door, for free! We were there in the midafternoon and there were still a few spaces available.

Kansas City MO
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Different, Gorgeous, Worth Going.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Kauffman Center in general is one of the greatest buildings I've seen. I love the architecture. However, the Muriel Kauffman Theater portion is not my favorite. The main thing that bothers me about this, is that if you are on the front row in an upper level, there is a long rail about 4-5 inches tall that is in front of you with messages for you to read. My daughter and I are both much shorter than the average person and had some trouble viewing the theater behind these things. So, the next time I took her, we got seats on the bottom level which was much better. If you're not in the front row on the balconies, I believe the messages come on the back of the seats, like they do below. The messages pertain to the show you're about to see, if I recall, and they don't display them during the event. Other than that, the way this was decorated is definitely not my style but that shouldn't stop anyone from going.

The other side of the Kauffman Center is where the KC Symphony performs. This is my all time favorite symphony hall. It's all wood with the exception of the seats. It's beautiful and when the Symphony plays, you can hear things so much clearer than any other hall. Acoustics were a priority when they built this. I would highly recommend going to either side for any event.

Blue Springs, Missouri
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Rat Pack and a beautiful venue”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was actually my second time at Kauffman Center. The interior is beautiful. All of the seats have a great view. We sit in the Orchestra section near the top level and could clearly see the stage and hear. The structure/building is amazing with windows all around.