“Clean and Quiet”

Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel doesn't have many amenities or "extras," but it is in a quiet, convenient location. You cannot find a cheaper rate in the area. It would be nice to have a breakfast, but I will take the low rates over the breakfast. McDonald's is right next door so there is always that option. This hotel definitely needs to be updated (bedding from the 90s!) but they do keep it clean which is all I need. You can usually get a discounted rate if you become a regular guest. It is super close to MCI and restaurants which is very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jen M

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is trash stay away from here please! 50.00 is way too much to spend here go anywhere else! Its sad to see this hotel in such a nice area, I wonder how the city lets them get away with looking so terrible. Id say this is one of the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed with.

Room Tip: "stay away"
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Damon C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Damon C - We apologize for your unpleasant stay. We encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report the issues you encountered so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Everything was ok except for bedroom door that had been jimmied and could not be opened from the inside. I called front desk in am when ready to leave, waited 30 minutes, then called back. The clerk had forgotten my room number so could not send maintenance. Finally maintenance showed up and had to use physical force to get door to open. Would not have stayed there if I had known I was trapped in room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I've stayed in this motel over the past several years and have watched the room price go up as the place has deteriorated. The carpet had been removed from the rooms and replaced with junk fake wood flooring that's curling up at the seams. Combined with worn out electric outlets, bugs galore and a fairly bad neighborhood, you may want to go either farther North (Platte City) or South into North Kansas City.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stay at Motel 6 motels because they're always inexpensive and clean. Sure, there aren't any frills, but I just want a clean place where I can eat pizza on my bed and watch TV. As always with my Motel 6 experiences, the front desk attendant was friendly and outstanding. I had a smoking room and was surprised to find that the room wasn't carpeted. I mean, that makes sense -- it's much easier to clean a smoking room without carpet and it cuts down on the smell. But if you have a smoking room, wear socks (the floor will make bare feet dirty). My room was by the pool, so it got a bit noisy, but the pool looked really clean and well-maintained and the kids using it seemed to enjoy it. The room and bathroom were very clean, which was great. My only beef with this Motel 6 is that the wifi -- which costs an extra $2.99 per day -- was incredibly, incredibly slow. If you're a person like me who likes to watch his/her Netflix or Hulu on your laptop, be prepared for multiple stops and reloads. Photo loading and downloading took forever as well. The Motel 6 in Blue Springs, MO has free wifi (as of May 2012) and it's incredibly fast, so if you need fast wifi and it's on your way, that might be a better bet. However, the room was clean, the service was excellent as always, the shower water was hot (really soft, though), there's free HBO, and there are a lot of restaurants, bars, and liquor stores nearby. My only issue was the incredibly slow wifi.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side can be noisy; smoking rooms are not carpeted.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed here four nights! We witnessed drug deals going on in the room next to ours, prostitution and on the last night we were there we got up in the middle of the night I went to look out the window and there was a man looking back in the window! Had his face against our glass window! We reported the noise etc and were told it would be taken care of we had to stay on them for 2 nights to get it done then when you would complain after midnight the man answering the phone in the office would laugh at you! PLEASE PLEASE if you are a woman with children or alone DO NOT stay in this place it is dangerous!

Room Tip: No room is good stay away!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Rosanne P
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I had to stay away from home for a weekend and chose this motel because it was cheaper others in the immediate area. Well, I got a lot more than I paid for...roaches and bedbugs! The room was hot, also, and the air conditioner did not work. There was no light in the bathroom (except for the shower stall). I called the front desk and insisted someone come up and take a look at this nightmare. He wouldn't give me a refund, but he put me in another room. Due to the late hour, I settled for another room and found myself doing everything possible to stay awake!!! My advise is if you don't want to take pets home with you, don't stay here...When I returned home, I washed everything in HOT, HOT water, dryed on HIGH and put my clothes and the bag outside for a week!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo