“Days Inn”

Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 20 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I, myself am a Days Inn employee so I'm always eager to stay at other properties to see what they are doing to keep their guests happy. I would say that my stay at this Days Inn was average. I chose this hotel because it is close to the downtown/plaza area, very convenient. First, the positives:

1. It looks like the lobby/rooms have been remodeled within the past few years (new carpet and paint if nothing else). The aesthetic was very nice.
2. The beds were AMAZING. Some of the best I've stayed in, 5 stars and down......SO comfortable, if like me, you like a super soft bed.
3. The lobby/rooms were clean and for the most part quiet.

Now for the negatives:

1. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm a fellow Wyndham employee, but the man who checked me in (I'm assuming the owner), was a little abrasive, if not rude. When I explained to him I was a Days Inn employee from another city he gave me this look of pity and said "Oh...." then proceeded to tell me about the brand new property they're building. (Competitive much?) But what really rubbed me the wrong way was when he said, "I bet you get a lot of complaints, huh?" Out of nowhere! His hotel was nice, but not nice enough to be talking down on other properties he isn't even aware of.
2. Even though the room looked newly-remodeled it was still full of issues/annoyances. There was a hole in the wall near the bathroom and we had to end up unplugging the refrigerator as it was SO loud. The HVAC unit is directly under the window which caused the warm air coming out to cycle underneath the curtains and not into the room. The bathrooms are small considering there is a large amount of unused, tiled space directly outside of it. Finally, it looks as though the remodel was done hastily or on a tight budget, the edge-work was sloppy and as stated earlier there were some holes/cracks in the walls.
3. Finally, we were not able to use the pool as it was closed, but from what I saw it is WAY too small to enjoy anyway. I don't think I've ever seen a pool that tiny.

Overall, I would stay at this property again, maybe on a day when I can check in with a different employee. In reality, the beds would be the only thing bringing me back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kina G, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel especially as another Days Inn employee. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the remodel along with the beds. We are truly sorry about the poor customer service you received upon checking in and we will discuss and resolve this issue to make sure it doesn't continue. With it being January, the outdoor pool is closed but it is a nice size. We are very happy that you will be giving us another chance and we will make sure your just complaints are resolved! Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel is substandard. I should have known from the price. The manager didn't speak good English. He was training a new member when we checked in. There was no greeting of any kind. They wrote down my whole credit card number on a paper instead of swiping it into the computer. I didn't like that at all. The room smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. There was no blanket, only bedspread which really stink and had cigarette burn on it. The lamp was plugged in and stretched out across the room, presenting tripping hazard. The light switch in the bathroom zapped me when i tried to turn it on. The TV was sitting on the dresser that was lower than the bed. So, we had to sit up if we wanted to watch TV. I refused to put bedspread over me so we turned the heat up. It was not a central unit. It was one of those big unit on the wall. So, i ended up getting up 3 times that night just to adjust the temperature. We had a reservation for 2 nights, but only stayed 1 because it was such a bad place even though i didn't get any money back. At check out, the guy just took the key without saying anything. Needless to say, that was the last time i stay at any Days Inn. Dirty dirty dirty with no customer service skill what so ever.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Kina G, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking to the time out to write a review on your stay. We are terribly sorry that your stay wasn't a more pleasant one. We have checked with our staff but we are unsure why your credit card number would be written down unless there was something happening to our system at the time. This is not a regular occurrence and we apologize for that. We take our customers and the privacy of their person information very seriously. We will look into the staging of our rooms to see what issues can be resolved. We will go over everything you sent us to make sure we are giving customers the best stay possible. Once again, we are truly sorry about your stay with us but we do hope you give us another chance on your next visit to Kansas City!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived early for the chiefs game and were not sure if we could check in early and the staff went out of their way to allow it to happen which they did not have to do! Room was clean staff was great we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2013
Kina G, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your amazing review! Our staff always makes sure they provide the most excellent customer service and I am happy to see that we were able to check you in right away with no hassles! We hope you come back to stay with us when coming to watch our Chiefs play at Arrowhead!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Arrived Thursday 10/3. Very few cars in parking area. Building looks a little dated, but room was nicely remodeled. Very nice bedding. TV reception not state of art. Housekeeping missed a few small items (ice bucket, cleaning toilet). Breakfast skimpy. Location is just off the highway, 5 minutes from downtown. Pizza Hut and McDonalds few doors down. Would stay again because of price, location and quality of the remodeled room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with while you visited Kansas City. We appreciate your compliments on our remodeling and are in the process of updating our electronics as well. The items missed in your review won't be missed again as well as offering a little more on our free breakfast. We hope you chose to stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Owners/operators went out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable and thus provided a pleasant stay. Great, clean room. Great clean dining area and great food. Many motel owners could learn from this motel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric C

We really appreciate your kind words in your review. I am glad our staff went above and beyond during your stay as they would for anyone. We hope to see you again at Days Inn Kansas City!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#16 of 18 in Independence
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs

Been to Days Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!