“nice place”

Days Inn Kansas City
Ranked #86 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent place to stay. Clean rooms, cheap stay, and super nice employees. Even left luggage at the hotel and management had it shipped to my house in 2 days with nothing stolen. Would highly recommend!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jason W
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was excellent. Our staff makes sure to provide nothing less than superior service and we were more than happy to ship you your luggage. We truly hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Kansas City!
East Saint Louis, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First time in Kansas City, MO and read reviews before booking. The price was nice. Property is old, but decently maintained. When booking I requested the bed comforter to be freshly washed. Upon arrival I was questioned by the manager about my request in what seemed to be a little hostile but once we talked he understood where I was coming from. He assured me he checked the room and the comforters were clean and indeed they were washed. BE WARNED: There was no way for me to know that this property was not in the best maintained part of town. The parking lot was very small and more is available in the back but considering the neighborhood I didn't park in the rear. The room was very clean with no odors/smells. There was no dust found anywhere. The bathroom was so small to where the door would hit the tub. The exhaust fan did not work in the bathroom. Only table in room had almost broken legs. TV was a flat screen but no HBO or Showtime available. The listings did not line up with available channels nor was there a TV guide. No posting of when the continental breakfast started or ended. When seeing the neighborhood I expected to see slummy guest but all were travelers which was a comfort .Overall, this is a basic property with no frills. It was ideal for a overnight trip. It was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: No inside rooms. All room doors are outside. If you don't like steps, ask for a ground floor roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are currently working on the cosmetic issues in our rooms and we want to apologize to you for any inconveniences you may have had. We are very pleased that the staff was able to honor your request and we are pleased that the room as clean and comfortable for you. We have never had any issues within our hotel regarding our location and we make sure our guests are not only comfortable but safe as well. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Kansas City.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I, myself am a Days Inn employee so I'm always eager to stay at other properties to see what they are doing to keep their guests happy. I would say that my stay at this Days Inn was average. I chose this hotel because it is close to the downtown/plaza area, very convenient. First, the positives:

1. It looks like the lobby/rooms have been remodeled within the past few years (new carpet and paint if nothing else). The aesthetic was very nice.
2. The beds were AMAZING. Some of the best I've stayed in, 5 stars and down......SO comfortable, if like me, you like a super soft bed.
3. The lobby/rooms were clean and for the most part quiet.

Now for the negatives:

1. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm a fellow Wyndham employee, but the man who checked me in (I'm assuming the owner), was a little abrasive, if not rude. When I explained to him I was a Days Inn employee from another city he gave me this look of pity and said "Oh...." then proceeded to tell me about the brand new property they're building. (Competitive much?) But what really rubbed me the wrong way was when he said, "I bet you get a lot of complaints, huh?" Out of nowhere! His hotel was nice, but not nice enough to be talking down on other properties he isn't even aware of.
2. Even though the room looked newly-remodeled it was still full of issues/annoyances. There was a hole in the wall near the bathroom and we had to end up unplugging the refrigerator as it was SO loud. The HVAC unit is directly under the window which caused the warm air coming out to cycle underneath the curtains and not into the room. The bathrooms are small considering there is a large amount of unused, tiled space directly outside of it. Finally, it looks as though the remodel was done hastily or on a tight budget, the edge-work was sloppy and as stated earlier there were some holes/cracks in the walls.
3. Finally, we were not able to use the pool as it was closed, but from what I saw it is WAY too small to enjoy anyway. I don't think I've ever seen a pool that tiny.

Overall, I would stay at this property again, maybe on a day when I can check in with a different employee. In reality, the beds would be the only thing bringing me back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kina G, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel especially as another Days Inn employee. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the remodel along with the beds. We are truly sorry about the poor customer service you received upon checking in and we will discuss and resolve this issue to make sure it doesn't continue. With it being January, the outdoor pool is closed but it is a nice size. We are very happy that you will be giving us another chance and we will make sure your just complaints are resolved! Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#15 of 18 in Independence

Been to Days Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!