“Someone was arrested outside the hotel, there was NO...”

Days Inn Kansas City
Ranked #86 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Almost as soon as we left I realized I left a nice sapphire ring next the the bathroom sink. As soon as I got home a few hours later I called and they said they'd check and call me back. After an hour I called and said I realized I also left some clothes under the bathroom sink, he said no one found them. I said I just left there I know they were in the bathroom, he said he'd check again and call me back. No surprise no call back AGAIN and they stole my property. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT STAY HERE. We also questioned all the in and out traffic all night long, quite sure there was drug business going on. Only stayed there because it was close to the Royals stadium but NEVER STAYING THERE AGAIN. Also was hard to get to even with GPS. TOTALLY SUCKED!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for your missing items from the hotel. Please email me so we can further discuss info@daysinnkc.com
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 July 2014

There we're burn holes on bed spreads and floor , child found what appeared to be a crack pipe . Next to the bed on the floor , check sheets before climbing in ! Found crusted semen on sheet under bed spread, and if it's a must for a shower wear flip flops ,bathroom is not clean! This is a Prostitute and Dope hotel accompanied with a few out of state unaware guest.... Good thing is that it's close to interstate and there's free cereal and oatmeal ,coffee and waffles are no good

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jay H
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for all the issues during your stay. We would like to point out that we are not that kind of hotel but we are speaking with our cleaning staff on making sure the rooms are completely cleaned for our guests. Once again, we apologize.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Blythe, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The quality of customer service at this motel exceeded that of more expensive ones. Desk clerk Chris is a gem and Paddy will share whatever you need. Very quick to satisfy. Great espresso in the morning. We did not want for anything at this facility and appreciate the attentiveness of the staff. They definitely added to the pleasurable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your visit and that our staff went above and beyond to satisfy your needs during your stay. We hope you choose us again on your next visit to the area!
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Having an adventure. I got into bed and my thigh began to get wet. I lifted my nightie and sniffed. Urine. Not happy. The night manager tried to blame the pee on me (who had arrived 30 minutes prior). The live in staff brought us his own personal mattress at 12:30 am after realizing a towel and new sheets weren't going to cut it. Kudos to him, but it smelled like smoke. Not a plus. Breakfast ends at 10, but at 9 there was no waffle mix, no orange juice, nothing in the hot plate after I killed the last sausage, and granola but no yogurt. I want to be nice, but this place is obviously not run with attention to quality and detail . Update: someone just filled the waffle dispenser after 20 min, but there is no syrup. Day two: the waffle dispenser nozzle broke off in my husband's hand and the morning manager asked my husband "what he had done." I wish he has answered the truth: trying to choke down a new breakfast after finding green mold and a hair on his biscuit. Nasty man (staff, not my husband). And don't use their lobby bathroom: At check in, I has to use it without a working light. I used it again in daytime at breakfast--didn't improve with vision. Full garbage with no bag liner. Short story: this place is disgusting.

More day 2: Noticed a broken lamp in my room: lightbulb trying to catch the lampshade on fire in my room--housekeeping ignored. Hope I don't burn to death.

Night 3: From 10 pm to now 4 am we have a bunch of noisy humorless ghetto wannabes using the N* word and otherwise enacting bad TV drama outside the paper thin front door of our room. It's actually kind of frightening as it sounds like they are in the room with us even at normal volume of speech. I'm thinking of fleeing but am too scared to do it now. I will echo the reviewer that said the hotel phone does not dial into the lobby--you have to call on your cell. And reading the trite management response on other reviews that they are "updating their rooms" does not hold water. There is no sign of anything but neglect, decay and melodrama. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a local drug den. Would never let anyone whose life, health or sleep I cared about stay in this hotel. Sad, scary place.

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Pentaburks
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for all the issues during your stay. We are working to fix these issues as we never want this to happen again with any of our guests. We are currently working on updating our rooms and it's a slow process but with new furniture and decor coming in this month, it should be completed soon. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention so that we may fix them properly.
Kansas City
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The bed was comfortable and it was reasonably clean, but the poorly placed air conditioner failed to cool the room. The pool is in the parking lot and very uninviting. The lobby appeared to have been renovated nicely, but was full of boxes. Location is probably good for people visiting the VA, but otherwise is not close to amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Pleased to hear that the beds ere comfortable for your stay. Thank you for letting us know your concerns so that we may become a better hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#17 of 18 in Independence

Been to Days Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!