“Consistently Great Lunch Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Palace

Taj Palace
Ranked #314 of 1,406 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kansas City, Missouri
“Consistently Great Lunch Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've been to Taj Palace a few times for lunch now. It's just down the street from where I work and the buffet is consistently good! There is a verity of meat and vegetarian dishes with a small salad bar. The price is competitive. The only downside is that they charge their full buffet meal price for to-go boxes, and not by weight.
The staff is kind and service oriented. I would encourage anyone looking for some good Indian food to stop by for lunch or dinner!

• Visited May 2014

“Surprised it's not crowded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went on a Monday evening, and we were the first customers at 5:45! It's sad, because the food and service are really good. We liked the mulligatawny soup, garlic naan, lamb saag--and lots of water! Will go again.

Visited April 2014
Dilley, Texas
“Memory Lane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere of this restaurant is a reminder of being at home! The quality of service was top notch and the first thing we noticed. The dining area was very relaxed and Bollywood is always entertaining! The staff is engaging and courteous. They actually go beyond courteous! The menu was filled with choices and very descriptive for those not versed with the Indian cuisine. The appearance of the food was a delight! The aroma is appealing to the senses. The taste of the food was excellent! The dishes are savory and the spice level is accommodating. The paneer pakora was our choice of appetizer. We enjoyed the chutney variety to go with the dish. We had the chicken curry and chicken tikka masala. And to be honest it tasted like a home cooked meal right out of my mum's kitchen! It a must eat!

• Visited September 2013
Missouri
“Service is wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

One of the few places open on a Sunday night on 39th street. Good food and exceptional service. We were a party of 4 who ordered one Vegetarian meal for 2 and one Non-vegetarian meal for 2. There was plenty of food and enough to take home. Atmosphere is casual and the restaurant is clean. I am not an expert on Indian food so I can not talk to authenticity. However, I found the food flavorful.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good food, good service! I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I am dairy intolerant. I wanted the Chicken Korma - they made it with coconut milk for me & it was great. I alo recommend the mulligatawny soup - delicious!

• Visited July 2013