“A new, can't miss location if you like local food”
Review of Local Pig

Local Pig
Ranked #9 of 28 Shopping in Kansas City
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I visited the Local Pig with a group from Slow Food Kansas City and all I can say is Kansas City is now going to be blessed with a fabulous butcher-shop experience with some of the best local meats and other products you can find. The shop officially opens on Monday, February 27th and will be selling various meats, ranging from locally-raised Berkshire pork to rabbit, chickens and more.

The owner and his small staff are already offering classes to the public. Our class, titled something like "From Snout to Tail" is a 4-session experience working our way through the entire butchering and usage of a hog. With the pigs head in the first class we made the most delicious head cheese I've ever had, cured jowls and pig cheeks. We got to sample a little bit of everything and even take some home. I wish I could offer some pictures, but like an idiot I didn't take a camera. All I came home with were some great recipes and a little head cheese for the next day!

3  Thank jcamis