Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 4 September 2013

As a working Mom with three kids under 5, I really enjoy my sleep when traveling for business. This hotel is Gorgeous, modern, green and very new. I was expecting a comfy bed and pillows, but I was disappointed. I would have thought the hotel invested more in sleep than a lobby. It took me awhile to fall asleep. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Hyatt Place at the airport before and was happy with the beds, but I thought I would try this new hotel. I am not sure if I will be back. The hotel is lovely, breakfast was good, and the staff was great. But, I did not enjoy the beds or pillows.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear ClarkWaupun_WI,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear you found our hotel gorgeous and lovely as well as the breakfast good and great staff. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable you were not fully satisfied with the beds and pillows. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We value your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I loved my stay at this Holiday Inn. Everything was new and clean. It was decorated beautifully. I was staying because of business but I would go back just because of the relaxed atmosphere. The front desk staff was great. The shuttle service was excellent.The breakfast was great. I love the pancake maker! Comfortable bed.

1  Thank 1ohd1
Daniel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

10hd1,

We are so excited to hear of how enjoyable your stay with us was.

The entire staff hopes for your return soon!

Thank You for choosing us as your choice of hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

What a place. Modern Design, the contemporary look. It just says it all. If you are going on vacation to KC and need a place to stay, I give this place a 2 thumbs up. Very nice staff and great breakfast food. Holiday Inn Express is always a great stay. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jerrystone97
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Jerry,

Glad that you like the design, and enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at this location during a quick trip to KC for business. I have stayed in several hotels in the area, but I thought i would give this one a try since it is new.
The pictures from the website do not do this hotel justice. The hotel lobby is impeccably decorated with a modern design. Its sleek and refreshing.
I reserved a King Suite and the room did not disappoint! The design of the room went along with how the lobby area is decorated. It was clean and I could definitely see myself staying at this location for an extended period of time the next I'm in the KC area.
The staff was courteous and went out of their way trying to accommodate my request for a room on the first floor. They were unable to, but I appreciate their effort.
I loved that this hotel offered a wide variety of channels on tv. There are so many hotels that only cater to male business travelers with 3 CNNs, 5 MSNBCs and 10 ESPNs. I'm not male and I don't want to watch that in the evening when I'm trying to relax. So thank you Holiday Inn Express for making more channels available.
I've stayed a lot of hotels over the course of the years and this hotel can compete with the best of them. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future.

1  Thank Onlythebestwilldo78

So happy our hotel met your expectations!

We are always looking for more ways to impress our guests and may have something different during your future stay!

Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I and two friends stayed here on our back from South Dakota. Absolutely the best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in. Front desk service was excellent. We had been driving from Custer, South Dakota, a very long drive, we were very tired and were looking forward to a nice hotel with a comfortable bed and a good breakfast the next morning We were not disappointed! Far exceeded our expectations. Hopefully we will pass thru the area again one day and will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Lynn,

So glad you, your husband, and friends enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you when you come back to Kansas City!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is a New Hotel, and I was very impressed. The Front Desk Staff was Friendly, helpful, and professional.

Large rooms with Microwave, Fridge, and flat screen HD TV’s with about 50 channels. Quiet AC/Heat. Standard size work desk which was well lit, with convenient outlets. The rooms are nicely decorated, and have a nice “Homey” feel. The free internet connection was fast & reliable.

Beds were fantastic. Clean and comfortable, and the rooms are quiet.

Large bathroom with good water pressure, but the hot water is waaaay too hot!!!.

Because everything is new, there’s not much wrong with anything. It was a very pleasant stay.

The Free Breakfast was usual HIE selection. Hot & Cold items that looked great. The only drawback was that it was usually late every morning, so I had to skip it in order to get to work on time.

Nothing much around the Hotel except a Gas Station/convenience store next door, so driving will be necessary to find a restaurant near-by.

Room Tip: Mostly all rooms are quiet since the Hotel is in a slightly isolated area. No traffic at all.

Jim,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we always look for ways to improve upon and will take your honest feedback and learn from them.

Thank You and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stay at this Holiday Inn Express whenever we are in the area. This time I took my mom & sister. They both agreed that this is one of the best HI Express hotels they are ever stayed in. Newton, at the front desk, was awesome with room selection. He gave superior service. The breakfast was first rate again. And the rooms were clean & comfortable. Construction getting to the hotel was our only problem.

Room Tip: On second floors...odd number rooms by the interstate and roads, even fast parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank petefamx5

Pete,

Thank you for your feedback! Newton has been with us since the hotel opened in September 2012, and is a valuable asset to the hotel as well as the entire staff here.

Hopefully the construction is completed by Fall of next year!

See you in the future!