“Quite New and Sparkling”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We (senior married couple) found this quite new hotel and our room to be among the most impressive ever in terms of interior decorating and eye wow factors. The bathroom was especially impressive to look at. Cleanliness and sparkle were the best ever. However, function took a back seat to form. The writing/computer table and chair were awkward to use and the chair was weird and looked rather out of place it that room. The upholstered chair looked good, but was not very comfortable. The hot water was extremely hot, enough to burn. The bathroom sink water spout did not reach out into the sink quite far enough. If the water was running at very low rate, it dribbled from the spout onto the counter. The room gets very high marks for appearance, but only fair/average marks for function, comfort, and convenience. The free hot breakfast was quite good, but not among the best we've experienced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

AA H,

My sincere apologies in the challenges of the desk and chair. We take all information received and learn on how to better improve our service and make it more comfortable. From reading your review, we have adjusted the water temperatures so it does stay within the desired temperatures.

We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I cannot disagree with anything others have said in previous reviews. Nice rooms with an ecletic overall flair. Since I'm someone with back problems, I also liked the firm bed. Great one-night stay before catching a flight the next morning. The only drawback was the confusing roads in that area due to construction. Some additional eating establishments at that exit would also be nice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LFGGator
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is a very new hotel, so nothing is worn out and looks very modern. Has all the amenities you would expect, wireless internet, weight room, complimentary breakfast, and etc. Service was very good, Newton was the front desk attendant and was very professional and willing to help. This property is really meant for those who want to be close to the airport, they have a shuttle that runs late and starts up at 5:00am, so its a great place if you don't want to get taxi or rental car. The shuttle will also take you around if you want some entertainment or some place to eat. It is close to the freeway, so if you are on that side of the building, you will hear it, although it is not terribly loud. The area is not very scenic and has quite a few other hotels around as well as other businesses, so it does seem more business oriented. There are a few restaurants close by, so getting a bite is no problem. The hotel itself is very nice and great value compared to some others around.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, stay away from the odd numbered rooms and the first floor. Remember, t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fernando F
Reviewed 4 September 2013

As a working Mom with three kids under 5, I really enjoy my sleep when traveling for business. This hotel is Gorgeous, modern, green and very new. I was expecting a comfy bed and pillows, but I was disappointed. I would have thought the hotel invested more in sleep than a lobby. It took me awhile to fall asleep. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Hyatt Place at the airport before and was happy with the beds, but I thought I would try this new hotel. I am not sure if I will be back. The hotel is lovely, breakfast was good, and the staff was great. But, I did not enjoy the beds or pillows.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear ClarkWaupun_WI,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear you found our hotel gorgeous and lovely as well as the breakfast good and great staff. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable you were not fully satisfied with the beds and pillows. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We value your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I loved my stay at this Holiday Inn. Everything was new and clean. It was decorated beautifully. I was staying because of business but I would go back just because of the relaxed atmosphere. The front desk staff was great. The shuttle service was excellent.The breakfast was great. I love the pancake maker! Comfortable bed.

1  Thank 1ohd1
Daniel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

10hd1,

We are so excited to hear of how enjoyable your stay with us was.

The entire staff hopes for your return soon!

Thank You for choosing us as your choice of hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

What a place. Modern Design, the contemporary look. It just says it all. If you are going on vacation to KC and need a place to stay, I give this place a 2 thumbs up. Very nice staff and great breakfast food. Holiday Inn Express is always a great stay. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jerrystone97
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Jerry,

Glad that you like the design, and enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at this location during a quick trip to KC for business. I have stayed in several hotels in the area, but I thought i would give this one a try since it is new.
The pictures from the website do not do this hotel justice. The hotel lobby is impeccably decorated with a modern design. Its sleek and refreshing.
I reserved a King Suite and the room did not disappoint! The design of the room went along with how the lobby area is decorated. It was clean and I could definitely see myself staying at this location for an extended period of time the next I'm in the KC area.
The staff was courteous and went out of their way trying to accommodate my request for a room on the first floor. They were unable to, but I appreciate their effort.
I loved that this hotel offered a wide variety of channels on tv. There are so many hotels that only cater to male business travelers with 3 CNNs, 5 MSNBCs and 10 ESPNs. I'm not male and I don't want to watch that in the evening when I'm trying to relax. So thank you Holiday Inn Express for making more channels available.
I've stayed a lot of hotels over the course of the years and this hotel can compete with the best of them. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future.

1  Thank Onlythebestwilldo78

So happy our hotel met your expectations!

We are always looking for more ways to impress our guests and may have something different during your future stay!

Thank you for choosing us.