“New Hotel with a Great Location!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #31 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Sherrill, New York
“New Hotel with a Great Location!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

What a nice facility, new rooms, easy card entry into your room, and a good breakfast. Easy access right off I-29. The only reason I am giving it a three start average rating is because I came back into my room after a day of business and went to use my restroom, I found the toilet was not filled with clear water and not flushed from the cleaning lady using my restroom. I can assure you I do not use toilet paper when I have to go #1.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Miles,

Thank you for your response, we take all reviews seriously and love to learn how to better the service we provide.

Given your experience, I have already discussed with our housekeeping department about the issue you experienced.

On behalf of the hotel and its employees, I would like to apologize, and do hope that we see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hutchinson, Kansas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We loved the decor in the lobby and eating area. We loved our jetted tub in the bedroom which allowed us to soak and watch TV at the same time! Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Princess,

Congratulations on the 5 year anniversary! We are glad you chose to stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future.

Decatur, Indiana
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Wonderful hotel with friendly staff. Everything was modern and clean. Appreciated a quiet stay in a well apportioned room. Large TV with satellite reception. Free wifi made working easy. Not only convenient to the airport and interstate, but easy access to downtown. Loved the location. A number of quick food restaurants within 0.5 miles or drive 1.5 - 2.0 miles South on HWY 35 for a number of more filing choices off HWY 152.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while on a cross country road trip and were very impressed for what we got for the price. This place is right off the freeway, close to the airport and has a convenience store/gas station right next door in case you forgot something. The receptionist Laura was very friendly and fast. She checked us in quickly and directed me to the hot tub which was much needed after 10 hours of driving. The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate. I was a little concerned because we were placed in a room facing the freeway, but the sound was low enough to not wake us while we slept. My husband and I agreed that the bed was pretty comfortable and just the right firmness, in between soft and firm. We had the complimentary hot breakfast which was a pretty good assortment of coffee, juices, eggs, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and pancakes. All in all we were very happy with our stay and will probably stay here on our return trip in a few months.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
AngiJolee,

The staff at the hotel is always delighted to see guests enjoy and relax during their stay with us.

Can't wait to see you in a few months!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Was in town for a concert & sight seeing, and being as an employee for another Holiday Inn Express I have to say this location is amazing. Very clean, modern & sparkly. When we checked in the front desk person was very overwhelmed with guests checking in & phone calls, but he handled it very very well.

The layout & space of the room & bathroom were amazing as well.

All in all this hotel is great! Great atmosphere & staff by far.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank amytx84
Amy,

Thank you for the kind review. Always great hearing from a fellow IHG hotel employee.

We hope to see you in the future!
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Stranded with a canceled flight , this hotel took great care of us. A shuttle service took us where we wanted to go with a smile and courtesy. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The room was comfortable with everything we needed.

• Stayed January 2014
Daniel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Glad to see that we were able to take care of you during your cancelled flight.

Hope to see you again!
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stopped at this hotel for a quick overnight with our two little ones after flying into KC. We were given an unbelievable last-minute rate for a standard room from central reservations after they not only matched a Priceline.com quote, but then offered us an even better AAA rate. Normally, my mantra rings true that "you get what you pay for," but in this case, we received so much more than we were expecting!
SUPER CLEAN and new-looking hotel, better than most 4- and even some 5-star hotels we have stayed at. I seriously could not find anything wrong with this place. Bathroom was impeccable... nice counter space, cleanest tub and shower I think I've ever seen, and beautiful gray-white granite countertops which literally sparkled with tiny silver flecks in it. Firm but comfy bed... we slept like a rock and were impressed with choice of pillows labeled soft and firm. Beautiful, modern decor, very pleasing to the eye. Our room had shades of gray, tan and slate blue.... very soothing, relaxing and nice to look at. My only regret is that I did not take any pictures to share! Beautiful lobby and bright breakfast area. Superior attendant service at b'fast, and the offerings were standard "free breakfast" fare, but quite good and included something for everyone. Great service from front desk staff as well - very conscientious. HIE has won us over! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to everyone!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family